+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: What Anime Are You Watching?

Default Re: What Anime Are You Watching?

LotGH is a phenomenal series, some of the greatest epic story-telling ever written. The level of ambition and depth is of the likes that will probably be never seen again in anime.
    Check out my tumblr for my thoughts on random movies and manga^^

http://lion-kun.tumblr.com/

Intelligence Department, Novus Orbis Librarium

Glad I stumbled upon this thread and saw people talking about Legend of the Galactic Heroes. Been wanting to watch it since two years ago but because of several postponement, I eventually forgot about it. Thanks to this thread I have been reminded again and now I will definitely be allocating time in my schedule to finally watch the series.
    "Yes, I'm only bones, but that's because I have an interest... in dieting."

-Gentleman Skeleton Brook

Is LotGH really that good or are people tend to give their favorite show a plus point?
    Especially in the elitist community this series is put on number on spot and anything under it is nothing (cough Anime snob cough), but after seeing the Animation, voice acting and hearing some osts on YouTube I question myself if the production quality high is?
    Yeah I know its older but their are other old series that didn't seem that bad in production and I also know that its about writing, but compared to something like HSH that has often horrible scribbles as actual panels I can not overlook average quality only with writing, I talk about editing, colouring, pacing etc.

The character are not the problem only the things above, so please give a proper reply.

Quote Originally Posted by Passiopi View Post
    Is LotGH really that good or are people tend to give their favorite show a plus point?
    Especially in the elitist community this series is put on number on spot and anything under it is nothing (cough Anime snob cough), but after seeing the Animation, voice acting and hearing some osts on YouTube I question myself if the production quality high is?
    Yeah I know its older but their are other old series that didn't seem that bad in production and I also know that its about writing, but compared to something like HSH that has often horrible scribbles as actual panels I can not overlook average quality only with writing, I talk about editing, colouring, pacing etc.

The character are not the problem only the things above, so please give a proper reply.
    As long as you don't have problem with 80s-90s anime aesthetics the show looks good and holds up well even to this day.

Quote Originally Posted by MrBits View Post
    As long as you don't have problem with 80s-90s anime aesthetics the show looks good and holds up well even to this day.
    Well being honest I have no problem watching movies from 70s( like Clockwork Orange) by Anime 80s and 90s are OK for me depending how good its adapted like Cowboy Bebop.
    By manga I also wouldn't read 70s many a like lone wolf and cub thanks to the absolutley outdated artwork.

Watching it will take time, I really need first to finish up Haikyu what I watched few days ago and was amazed and also read some manga TV shows.
    But thanks for the responds.

currently watching little witch academia. i think it's a very fun light hearted show.
    it's funny, it has a harry potter vibe to it too, and as always trigger has never failed to impress me with their fluid cartoony animation.

Watched an episode of the Japanese Cardcaptor Sakura on a whim (having watched that god awful American dub when I was a kid) and I'm bloody hooked. This show is just fucking fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by KzTxL7 View Post
    I wasn't distracted by Lucy being half naked.

You won this week Fairy Tail.

Heh, I watched Cardcaptor Sakura all the time as TV as a kid. I remember it aired before school. And yeah, it was the dub.

Quote Originally Posted by TLC View Post
    LotGH is a phenomenal series, some of the greatest epic story-telling ever written. The level of ambition and depth is of the likes that will probably be never seen again in anime.
    So is the level of ambition, and depth comparable to something like Nausicaa (manga) in terms of thematics, and relevance?

Or is it just a fluff piece that is grand in scale?

I'm only asking because 100 episodes seems like a really big commitment, and I would like to know if it's really worth it before I really jump into it.

You guys got me interested in this show.

Where on the interwebs can one watch it?

Quote Originally Posted by HeartOfDarkness View Post
    So is the level of ambition, and depth comparable to something like Nausicaa (manga) in terms of thematics, and relevance?

Or is it just a fluff piece that is grand in scale?

I'm only asking because 100 episodes seems like a really big commitment, and I would like to know if it's really worth it before I really jump into it.
    I find it far deeper and richer with more relatable human characters. This is not a knock against Nausicaa, it's just how I genuinely feel that this anime is that good. The most prevalent quote in the series is how in all ages, in all times, the deeds of men remain the same. A message that resonates throughout the series and even to the current global political climate.
    Check out my tumblr for my thoughts on random movies and manga^^

http://lion-kun.tumblr.com/

Just finished watching a late 80's anime called Sakigake!! Otokojuku. In terms of art and character design, it takes a lot of cues from Fist of the North Star (and JoJo Parts 1, 2, 3 if I'm not mistaken) and is one of the reasons why I was interested in checking it out in the first place. The other reason is because of J-Stars for the PS4.

Other than Tsurugi Momotaro (basically Kenshiro Jr.) kinda being boring, all the other supporting characters are pretty interesting. The humor is gut-busting, especially in the beginning of the anime. I'd say it even rivals One Piece in terms of comedy. For action, it's great for a 80's shounen anime, the animation was smooth and consistent (at least in my eyes).

Since I want more of this series, I'm gonna go read the manga.
    The face of a Straw Hat.

Quote Originally Posted by TLC View Post
    I find it far deeper and richer with more relatable human characters. This is not a knock against Nausicaa, it's just how I genuinely feel that this anime is that good. The most prevalent quote in the series is how in all ages, in all times, the deeds of men remain the same. A message that resonates throughout the series and even to the current global political climate.
    That does sound interesting.

Gonna give it a try.

Quote Originally Posted by Halfmetal-lich View Post

Count me in as well, link would be nice!
    Last edited by Jabra; August 2nd, 2017 at 07:46 PM. Reason: I would love you forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Jabra View Post
    Count me in as well, link would be nice!
    Quote Originally Posted by Halfmetal-lich View Post

Streaming:

http://kissanime.ru/Anime/Legend-of-the-Galactic-Heroes
    https://9anime.to/watch/ginga-eiyuu-densetsu.qn0w/zklo7w
    https://ww1.gogoanime.io/legend-of-the-galactic-heroes-episode-1

For......keeping it in your cough hard-drive cough:

https://animekaizoku.com/episodes/72...omplete-batch/

Thanks, appreciated!

Watched the first 4 episodes. Good, but seems like a slow burn.

Quote Originally Posted by Passiopi View Post

If it's any indication, I was pretty gripped from the moment I started watching. I wasn't really expecting a whole lot to begin with, at the very least I was ready to spend like 10-20 episodes waiting for the narrative to set some things up before I really got hooked, but I was into it from the first half hour of viewing.

The animation is often stiff and definitely a product of its time, but there's some artistic value in being hand-drawn, and indicating action between writing and limited animation. The soundtrack is also really good, and contributes greatly to the artistic presentation of the show.

3DS FC: 0662-3589-2887
    NNID: Gibbs-free

Quote Originally Posted by Wagomu View Post
    If it's any indication, I was pretty gripped from the moment I started watching. I wasn't really expecting a whole lot to begin with, at the very least I was ready to spend like 10-20 episodes waiting for the narrative to set some things up before I really got hooked, but I was into it from the first half hour of viewing.

The animation is often stiff and definitely a product of its time, but there's some artistic value in being hand-drawn, and indicating action between writing and limited animation. The soundtrack is also really good, and contributes greatly to the artistic presentation of the show.
    Also thanks for your genuine and honest reply, I appreciate it!

not a series but a netflix film of a 20 year old manga called BLAME!
    <Avi Drawing Credit to PirateNeko
    My DeviantArt:http://mediafan658.deviantart.com/
    My FC is 3308-4620-6155

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information