+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 51 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 ... LastLast
Results 781 to 800 of 1006

Thread: Future bounties

  1. #781

    Default Re: Future bounties

    bounty isn't all about how physical strength though........
    Pro-Main Cast Evangelist. In Oda We Trust. TheJackAss Crew. AMC = Anti-main Cast. Luffy x Nami.

  2. #782

    Default Re: Future bounties

    Hmm, there should be new bounties very soon. So I'll make my guess now, before it's too late.

    Luffy: 300 mil
    Zoro: 180 mil
    Sogeking: 200 mil
    Sanji: 120 mil
    Nami: 65 mil
    Chopper: 75 mil
    Robin: 158 mil
    Franky: 112 mil

    I think, Luffy is now in the same league, where Doflamingo and Kuma were, when their bounties got frozen. The other bounties are just some weird feelings of me.

  3. #783
    village idiot theinvisibleworm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA

    Default Re: Future bounties

    Quote Originally Posted by Buccaneer
    Well, of course it cannot be measured. But, given the fact that Lucci was much stronger in the first place and had a more fierce DF for a considerable amount of time, it can at least be said that Lucci was vastly superior to Kaku.

    And my reasoning was that unless the government just goes by the Straw Hats growing to be a huge threat, Zoro may not get a bounty increase. Kaku was not all that notable.
    Kaku was not Zoro's only feat this arc.

  4. #784

    Default Re: Future bounties

    He also slept and cut T-Bone. Okay okay, he beat T-Bone, cut a train, and a piece of stone. Then he beat a few dozen marines. But T-Bone would be matched by Blueno, and those dozens would be matched with the hundred Luffy took out with Storm alone, nevermind the rest. Sogeking burned the flag, but under Luffy's command. He's the head in all of this, and anyone getting a bounty close to his would undermine that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Battle Franky
    Bad move, bub!

  5. #785

    Default Re: Future bounties

    Quote Originally Posted by Buccaneer
    He also slept and cut T-Bone. Okay okay, he beat T-Bone, cut a train, and a piece of stone. Then he beat a few dozen marines. But T-Bone would be matched by Blueno, and those dozens would be matched with the hundred Luffy took out with Storm alone, nevermind the rest. Sogeking burned the flag, but under Luffy's command. He's the head in all of this, and anyone getting a bounty close to his would undermine that.
    It doesn't matter if T-Bone and the few dozen were weaker than him. The 100 bounty hunters were also vastly weaker than him.

    And Soge burned the flag under Luffy's command, so what? He still did it. Also, Luffy isn't the one that invaded Eneis Lobby, it was the StrawHats. All of them. Just like Luffy wasn't the one that took down BW.

    No offense tpo anyone, but having Luffy's bounty be a lot above Zoro's is pretty retarted. Their strengh is pretty close (same IMO) and the only thing Luffy has over Zoro is the fact that he is the captian.

  6. #786

    Default Re: Future bounties

    Quote Originally Posted by Octogon
    It doesn't matter if T-Bone and the few dozen were weaker than him. The 100 bounty hunters were also vastly weaker than him.



    But....there were a hundred of them. Zoro hasn't been in any danger here, and he wasn't even hurt before fighting Kaku. Also, it was Zoro's first bounty, which would be a little easier to get.

    And Soge burned the flag under Luffy's command, so what? He still did it. Also, Luffy isn't the one that invaded Eneis Lobby, it was the StrawHats. All of them. Just like Luffy wasn't the one that took down BW.

    No offense tpo anyone, but having Luffy's bounty be a lot above Zoro's is pretty retarted. Their strengh is pretty close (same IMO) and the only thing Luffy has over Zoro is the fact that he is the captian.
    I don't know about what's considered "retarded," but I think it would be silly if the reason the Marines gave for setting a new bounty for Zoro would be that he's close in strength, especially when he hasn't proven he has the strength to beat Lucci like Luffy just did. And if you're going to say a much higher bounty for captain wouldn't make sense, then would you say Paulie and Zambai also deserve bounties? It was a group effort, but being commander gives Luffy more responsibility for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Battle Franky
    Bad move, bub!

  7. #787

    Default Re: Future bounties

    Quote Originally Posted by bedrock
    Way back in this thread I speculated about a chapter like "THE BILLION BERRY PIRATES" (as for the sum of all SHs bounties). What do you mean by "global bounty"?
    I mean no indivual bounties but a global for the whole crew. Since now, only strong opponent like the BB or other pirates crew.

    The drawback (I just find it) is that you can't be paid with only one member. Plus there won't be "rank" anymore, and one will hate that :x.

  8. #788
    エッチなのはいけないと思います! Malintex_Terek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005

    Default Re: Future bounties

    Quote Originally Posted by Gamabounta
    I don't like comparing manga together, but I don't have a better illustration atm. Some character aren't good figther (talking about strength, stamina, etc...) but good at thinking, at acknowledging.
    For example in Naruto, Sakura quickly learned how to manage her Chakra in order to climb the tree. Naruto and Sasuke, who's far better figthers, didn't. That's something like this here. Kalifa just 'feels it', there is nothing more to say. Do you really think Nami had already navigated in such whirlpools before ? No. Did she did it perfectly ? Yes, she felt it.
    While the devils in the Devil Fruits "tell" their users about the general orientation of applying their powers, the special tricks and such are derived through training. Originally, I wouldn't have been surprised if Califa, who isn't as much of fighter as Kaku, would have been able to master her fruit more easily; however, Oda showed us in that fight that Califa was hecka dumb so it's outrageously unrealistic for her to have gotten so powerful so quickly.

    I'm not saying Kaku's dumb; all the CP9 (except Califa) seem pretty sharp, but he had a less-complicated Devil Fruit and yet still managed to come across as pretty deadly. He also threw away his swords in favour of his fruit, which I admired a lot since Califa didn't even bother with her Rose Whip.

  9. #789
    thisishui
    Guest

    Default Re: Future bounties

    here my though

    luffy 200 mil
    robin 150 mil
    zoro 140 mil
    sanji 130 mil
    chopper 60 mil
    usopp (sogeking) 60 mil
    nami 60 mil

    let see whos closer, just a few more weeks....they will have new bounties

  10. #790

    Default Re: Future bounties

    I hope it's next week.

    If they all get bounties, hopefully they will add up to like 1 billion.
    Thus concludes my

  11. #791

    Default Re: Future bounties

    Well, I believe Zoro and Sanji are more comparable in strength than Zoro and Luffy are.

    Just look at the "power levels" of the opponets they fought, Lucchi was twice as better than KAku and Jabura.

    Sanji and Zoro have that rivalry thing going on. Luffy with gear 2 and 3 have surpassed both of them right now at least.

    Luffy bounty will be around 250

    Zoro bounty around 200

    Sanji bounty if he gets one will be 190

    Robin will be 150

    Franky will be around 150

    Ussop will be around 100

    Chopper will be aroung 75

    Nami will be around 65

  12. #792

    Default Re: Future bounties

    Quote Originally Posted by Buccaneer
    But....there were a hundred of them. Zoro hasn't been in any danger here, and he wasn't even hurt before fighting Kaku. Also, it was Zoro's first bounty, which would be a little easier to get.

    And so what if there were 100 of them? Far as I'm concerned an HQ captian and some Hq marines >>> 1oo regular BW agents.


    I don't know about what's considered "retarded," but I think it would be silly if the reason the Marines gave for setting a new bounty for Zoro would be that he's close in strength, especially when he hasn't proven he has the strength to beat Lucci like Luffy just did.

    If you're near as strong as your captian, who just defeated the #1 assasian of the world, I would say you deserve a bounty.

    But that's not the reason his bounty is going to more than double. It's because he defeated the second strongest CP9, the Ship-Butcher and some HQ Marines/Captian = WG agents.

    And if you're going to say a much higher bounty for captain wouldn't make sense, then would you say Paulie and Zambai also deserve bounties? It was a group effort, but being commander gives Luffy more responsibility for it.

    Paulie and Zambai didn't do anything super-signifigant. There is a slim chance they might get bounties. Not very big bounties, but bounties nonetheless.


    Quote Originally Posted by dlo62282
    Sanji and Zoro have that rivalry thing going on. Luffy with gear 2 and 3 have surpassed both of them right now at least.

    I would say you had some basis, if Zoro didn't own Kaku AND his strongest attack with a freakin' flick of his wrist. And Sanji didn't obliterate Jabura with his upgrade.

    Also, Zoro and Luffy have a 5 in the strengh rating of both data books. And that doesn't mean brute strengh, as there were no speed, skill etc ratings.

    Also Oda once stated in an SBS Zoro and Luffy > Sanji.

  13. #793
    Discovered Stowaway cdjgamer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    section 8

    Default Re: Future bounties

    also the navy symbol will change to a wg mark because of delcaring war

  14. #794

    Default Re: Future bounties

    You are talking about old data books and those ratings like the ratings in the Naruto one are subjective.

    is 5 the highest number? IF so, that doesnt prove much, since whitebeard would also have a 5 in strength.

    Oda also said, if Zoro is a 9 than Sanji is an 8. Zoro will probably always be a little bit stronger than Sanji. They are still rivals and near each other in strength.

    Zoro and Luffy> Sanji.....does not contradict....Luffy>Zoro> Sanji

  15. #795

    Default Re: Future bounties

    Well, my point was that Zoro's strength is still unchecked. I was the one saying Kaku wasn't on his level, but that doesn't say anything in comparision to Luffy and Lucci. Maybe if the Whiskey Peak scene is recreated with Gear and Asura or something.

    And while it also seems to me that Zoro is closer to Luffy than Sanji, Sanji did obliterate his enemy (2 hits, no apparent repercussions) and at the strength point of 5, was probably just behind those two. If those stats hold true today, anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Battle Franky
    Bad move, bub!

  16. #796
    エッチなのはいけないと思います! Malintex_Terek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005

    Default Re: Future bounties

    Quote Originally Posted by dlo62282
    Well, I believe Zoro and Sanji are more comparable in strength than Zoro and Luffy are.
    Oda said in an SBS a long time ago that Luffy and Zoro were roughly equal in power (though through a different expression of strength) while Sanji was weaker than both of them. Taking into account that Luffy and Zoro use their arms in battle while Sanji uses his legs, the difference between them is all the more despairing.

    Quote Originally Posted by dlo62282
    Just look at the "power levels" of the opponets they fought, Lucchi was twice as better than K[a]ku and Jabura.
    This is why "power levels" are stupid and they shouldn't have been introduced; people look at the numbers and end up superficially ignoring what they see with their own eyes (I should note that on the Namek Arc of DBZ, most of the people who relied on "power levels" got blown up).

    Kaku was pummeling Zoro with a Bigan which not only used the principle of Shigan, but basically followed Fukurou's Dugong schema using Kaku's extremely long and thick neck. Looking at that technique, I'd call it a rival for Gear 3, especially since it was faster than the Gomu Gomu no Gigant Pistol. Zoro took, what, six~nine of those Bigans? And he wasn't even winded after the fight.

    Regarding Sanji v. Jyabura, Sanji kicked Jyabs a total of six times, and of those, four (including the final Devil's Kick from an altitude) were in the face. One of the attacks also damaged Jyab's head but indirectly into a wall, and the other attack was the first Devil's Kick to Jyab's abdomen. As such, the Sanji v. Jyabura fight wasn't really a showcase of Sanji's endurance or power; it just showed that, when he is serious and his opponent isn't, he could defeat a strong opponent fairly quickly and decisively.
    Last edited by Malintex_Terek; October 9th, 2006 at 09:13 PM.

  17. #797

    Default Re: Future bounties

    Quote Originally Posted by Octogon
    If you're near as strong as your captian, who just defeated the #1 assasian of the world, I would say you deserve a bounty.

    But that's not the reason his bounty is going to more than double. It's because he defeated the second strongest CP9, the Ship-Butcher and some HQ Marines/Captian = WG agents.
    Because Zoro is close to Luffy's strength he deserves a big bounty? I don't recall when the WG started handing out giant bounties on assumptions. Unless Zoro PROVES he can tussle with Lucci and Luffy and come out at least semi victorious, then he won't get squat.

    Beating Kaku does deserve a bounty, but a small increase. Doesn't show that Zoro is a threat, just strong. He's more of a tool than an actual threat more than likely in the WG's eyes.

    Zoro didn't defeat the Marine Captains. He FOUGHT them. The battle never ended, and the likelyhood of the Straw Hats winning that fight was slim. It was 5 (Zoro, Franky, Robin, Nami, and Usopp) against 200. Not only were the numbers against them, but except Robin, all the SH had been in a fight with a CP9 member recently. Even if it didn't exhaust them, it did take some toll on them. The SH would have eventually lost, albeit after putting up an extremely valiant fight. Merry showing up saved them all, not just Luffy. Even if by some freak chance the Captains were all defeated, I believe there were still the Vice Admirals to tussle with.

  18. #798

    Default Re: Future bounties

    Some of the bounties you guys are posting sound a lil crazy. here a re my predictions

    Luffy: 250 million
    Zorro: 95 million
    Sanji: 75 million
    Robin: 100 million
    Franky: 100 million
    Ussop: 35 million
    Chopper: 30 million
    Nami: 20 million

    I like the i dea of them all getting bounties but i can see with some not getting any.

    Luffy Robin and Franky are the main "threats" to the government therefore they get the highest bounties. Luffy being the highest because of his fighting abilities and since hes the captain.

    Zoro and Sanji get bouties/increased because of their fighting skills. When taken away from Luff they really arent a threat to the government, but being part of the strawhats thier abilities get them the bounties.

    Ussop/Sogeking Nami and Chopper get lower bounties for being with the strawhats, being able to hold their own in most fights and for Sogeking burning the flag.


    Just my 2 cents. Hopefully we find out real soon. anything is possible.

  19. #799

    Default Re: Future bounties

    Bounties are not based upon the strength of the character. Robin possessed a $79,000,000 bounty when she was a child, yet there was no way she could have been near Crocodile's strength [his was $80,000,000 or so].

  20. #800

    Default Re: Future bounties

    Quote Originally Posted by Rollo T
    Because Zoro is close to Luffy's strength he deserves a big bounty? I don't recall when the WG started handing out giant bounties on assumptions. Unless Zoro PROVES he can tussle with Lucci and Luffy and come out at least semi victorious, then he won't get squat.
    So if the captian of the crew that invaded EL had a nakama who was close to his strengh he wouldn' get a big bounty?

    Zoro easily obliterated Kaku (second strongest CP9 with new DF) and his strongest attack with a small flick of his wrist. I'd say that puts Asura on Gear level.

    Ans like I said, he's getting a big bounty because of what he did using his strengh, not only because he is strong.


    Beating Kaku does deserve a bounty, but a small increase. Doesn't show that Zoro is a threat, just strong. He's more of a tool than an actual threat more than likely in the WG's eyes.
    Don't be such a fool. He defeated the second strongest CP9. No small feat. He got a 60 million bounty for defeating Daz Bones. Being on of the main members in invading a government stronghold that hasn't ever been breached and defeating Kaku with a freakin' flick of his wrist >>>>>>>>>> Daz Bones.

    Zoro isn't a acute threat, but neither are the other SH combined.

    Zoro didn't defeat the Marine Captains. He FOUGHT them. The battle never ended, and the likelyhood of the Straw Hats winning that fight was slim. It was 5 (Zoro, Franky, Robin, Nami, and Usopp) against 200. Not only were the numbers against them, but except Robin, all the SH had been in a fight with a CP9 member recently. Even if it didn't exhaust them, it did take some toll on them. The SH would have eventually lost, albeit after putting up an extremely valiant fight. Merry showing up saved them all, not just Luffy. Even if by some freak chance the Captains were all defeated, I believe there were still the Vice Admirals to tussle with.

    Umm, NAMI was taking down Captians. And you'r saying Zoro didn't take down a couple of HQ capptians?

    @ Cyringohn: Bounties = threat + strengh.

    and for most, strengh is threat.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts