+ Reply to Thread
Page 81 of 83 FirstFirst ... 31 71 79 80 81 82 83 LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,620 of 1650

Thread: The Promised Neverland

Default Re: The Promised Neverland

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    So, me and the wife have been watching the anie, haven't read the manga... but now I'm seeing that season 2 has completely dropped the ball and is apparently leaving out huge chunks of stuff?

Is it actually important or is the internet over-reacting? And why would the skip stuff when the manga is already done and they know exactly how much material they have?
    If you liked the first arc, then the second arc is really the closest you would get to the first in terms of an arc that is actually well thought out and does not count on shounen tropes to hard carry it.
    Everything else after is a giant fuzz for me and the anime is going to make it worse because it is going to double the speed of what is already mediocre.

Like, if you went and did a poll on everyone who read this the consensus you would get from 90% of them is that the second arc is better and my own opinion is that it is 90% better than the last painful haul of the final arc.

Hard disagree on the over-reaction. If Madhouse dropped Heavens Arena from Hunter, I will have a raging boner too.

But if you like kids fighting demons with occasional "hey that's clever but when I question it, it doesn't really make sense" moments then I'm sure this is fine.
    Last edited by zeltrax225; February 25th, 2021 at 06:53 AM.

Yeah it's not overreacting at all. They literally hacked a quarter of the entire series out. I know they figured they wouldn't do more seasons (who knows why not because by all indications it's a solid seller and there's the Amazon adaptation on the way, etc) bit if it came down to it, would have been much better to just end the anime after the second arc and leave the rest not adapted.

So, reading twitter reactions ... the season did not get any better

Discovered Stowaway

I had hope for a moment, in the final episode, when the possibility was created for something new and interesting, but then....

So they end the second season with a freakin' slideshow. Like "here's all the fun stuff that you won't get to watch".
    I mean, the manga was pretty mediocre in the end ... but this is on a whole nother level. What a shitshow.

I just finished watching the last episode. I went into it with low expectations already, but what the heck happened with this? lol

I loved the manga, and I'm getting joys out of stuff like the adaptations for Jujutsu and Academia, so I wished that the powers above didn't choose this fast-forwarding route. I thought the whole reason for this was to have something different like FMA and Blue Exorcist, not rushing to get over with it with something that's a shadow of the original story.

Among what I heard about the author not liking how the manga went, or how the fans didn't like how the manga went, or how the series isn't relevant or profitable anymore, I don't know what's the truth.

Cleansing the palette with Dr. Stone now...

So I haven't seen any of Season 2 yet, but...it's done, right? The whole anime is done? So they rushed through the entire rest of the series in 11 episodes? My god.

Discovered Stowaway El-Matematico's Avatar

To be precise: they skipped goldy pond and made an adaptation of the last arc. So it went: meeting Mujika and the other demon, finding the shelter, getting chased out of the shelter, going to a demon town where they meet Norman and his lambda friends in anime original final arc. Aside from anything related to goldy pond, the anime removed the demon god, demon queen and royals.
    Wash your hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    So I haven't seen any of Season 2 yet, but...it's done, right? The whole anime is done? So they rushed through the entire rest of the series in 11 episodes? My god.
    I'd give a lung to get a Jason Schreier style post mortem on what the hell happened.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

A cute epilogue chapter for Emma and co.:
    https://mangasee123.com/read-online/...ter-181.9.html

Quote Originally Posted by El-Matematico View Post
    Aside from anything related to goldy pond, the anime removed the demon god, demon queen and royals.
    How . . . can you even end the story without those three?

Quote Originally Posted by El-Matematico View Post
    the anime removed the demon god, demon queen and royals.
    They're technically there, just a few seconds worth total lol

Spoiler:

Spoiling the last episode
    Spoiler:

- Isabella lives, Moms and Grace Field kids go to human world through a gate underground and live out their new lives
    - The trio and lambda stay behind to "change the world" with Mujika/Sonju shown in slideshows
    - The trio reunite with the kids in the last few secs of the episode

Having them appear in a couple shots without context was dumb. Might as well go full anime original instead of subtly implying they skipped over part of the story near the end (which they did).
    Wash your hands.

I don't think I've ever seen an anime shoot itself in the face this badly. It's not like the manga was ongoing and they had to make up stuff. It's so baffling.

Best guess anyone has is that while the first season was well received, it wasn't a ratings smash, (Not when Demon Slayer and Jujustsu Kaisen are around) and there's no tie in manga to keep promoting...

so the studio decided to just burn the license off as fast as possible rather than pour resources into it for another 4 or 5 years.

If you guys didn't want it that much just give it up and let another studio take it, cripes.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

That wouldn't make sense. TPN was well received in Japan even near the end, they released a live action movie last december and the authors still make oneshots every now and then. The franchise was still growing a bit and was popular in Japan.

Also the studio is probably going bankrupt or something, after butchering TPN and messing Wonder Egg Priority's schedule.
    Wash your hands.

There's a difference between being well received... and being a huge hit.

Critical acclaim by itself doesn't pay the bills.

Making some money on a project that's probably going to only lose viewership from where it was, and having to maintain that property for years and years while tying up your resources for it... versus trying out a new project that could be a big hit instead.

Inu Yasha was a huge hit and they still put it on hiatus and them crunched the last 200 chapters into 26 episodes. Sailor Moon is a perpetual crown jewel and the animation still completely botched and shortchanged the Crystal series. Negima never got a decent anime and they tried like three times. Berserk is a 30 year giant and has only gotten bad animes. Golgo 13 is one of the three longest running manga of all time and it only has a 50 episode anime. One Punch Man went from an amazing first season to a lousy second at a different studio.

When other Jump titles are being huge runaway smashes and that one is... so so? Being appreciated and liked isn't always enough if its not a HUGE success.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

The reason why TPN gets treated like this is because outside of the first two arcs everything else was mediocre.
    If the overall plot is actually good maybe the studio would have a little more heart put into it.
    Then again this is the same group that somehow made Persona 5 a complete snooze fest to go through.
    Fate Grand was great but that's because fucking that up would actually have serious consequences for the studio.
    Studio is inexperienced plus the source material when adapted will end up average at best has led to this.
    I'm upset because I don't get to see Goldy Pond but I'm not that upset when I consider everything else after was terrible and Clover probably would have saved that money elsewhere over adapting the entire thing.

In hindsight I think what happened was that they promised a season 2, saw the mess of the last few arcs and realized there's no way they can adapt the lackluster plot well enough to be successful.
    But they promised and had to stick with doing a season 2. So they've had to do it but no way are they wasting their resources on a 3rd season when the hype has long died and the manga is over.
    And they don't want the fans to pester them for years either. So they hired a guy from Japanese fiverr to ghostwrite it, speed everything up to the end so they can wash their hands off it by having a closure.
    Amped up the marketing to get the hype money and released this steaming pile of crap that's actually impressive how disrespectful it is.
    Sure, they could have done Goldy and never adapt the content ever again, but why would they prefer that if they are certain they won't touch it again?
    The backlash they've received from this would be swept under the rug because of how fast paced and shallow the industry is and that damage to the reputation is better than promising another season they know will never turn up to be profitable enough.

TPN is never going to get a full adaption except maybe some whack a few years down the road believes he can turn this into another Brotherhood but unless he rewrites half of the plot, that's never happening.
    The first arc was the arc and a live action was even made to capitalize on it.
    Said live action will never adapt the rest of the manga content simply because of how terribly average they were compared to the first few.
    Last edited by zeltrax225; March 29th, 2021 at 09:37 AM.

I know it's not the same situation or whatever bit it's galling to me that Shokugeki no friggin Soma got a full (albeit not well animated) adaptation and this didn't.

I feel like any other option would have been better than torching the damn series on the way out but it is what it is.

When Shokugeki's second season ended the manga was ongoing and was actually still pretty decent.
    Heck even when the third season ended, the manga was still not as bad.

The second half of Promised Neverland wasn't great, but it still deserves better than this.

Meanwhile, Bleach gets a revival for its god-awful last arc.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information