+ Reply to Thread
Page 80 of 81 FirstFirst ... 30 70 78 79 80 81 LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,600 of 1602

Thread: The Promised Neverland

Default Re: The Promised Neverland

They are better than what we got, but they just don't fit in the regular schedule. Extending Chrone's death a whole chapter? A flashback of Ray's baby memories when Emma does the ear device extraction? a random flashback of the moms when they reveal their betrayal? the first two can easily fit, with chrone being reminded about her friend, and telling part of the story to the kids instead of in the flashback, but the most recent one would have needed to make the four sisters characters beforehand, and not make it obvious that they are the mothers for it to fit.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

So I guess this was the pilot?
    https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1008363

Nothing apparently to do with the actual demon/human world or the farms, but keeps the theme of the value of living in a shitty world.

Probably the orphans will swoop in and save them. It just focuses that even in the human world people can be seen as food/money by other people. Granted, Andrew already made that speech just before he became diner.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Apparently they are speedrunning season 2 towards the end by removing Goldy pond and Yuugo altogether.
    Like, that's really the second best arc in the series ever and they just went nope.
    I'll understand if they adapted Goldy and ended the adaption then and there though.
    The reason seems to be that the author didn't like his own ending? Or whatever, fans are upset and stuff.
    I honestly don't get why studios pull this shit anymore in this time and age and get away with it.
    I know Japanese fans are less vocal and all, but come on.

I really would have liked Goldy Pond..so that's unfortunate

Wait, so they are running to finish the series in two seasons?

Basically, yeah.
    They changed the Norman's return plot too it seems

Discovered Stowaway

Wasn't it reported somewhere that Kaiu Shirai was involved in the script for the anime and wanted to include an original story? That would mean that now unknown content could follow. Whether the missing parts will be adapted later is unfortunately unknown to me.

Quote Originally Posted by zeltrax225 View Post
    Apparently they are speedrunning season 2 towards the end by removing Goldy pond and Yuugo altogether.
    Like, that's really the second best arc in the series ever and they just went nope.
    Whaaaaaaaaaat?!!!

This seems really stupid.
    Check out my podcast for conversations about Greatness in anime, sports, music, and whatever else we can think of.
    mtgoatmore.buzzsprout.com

Yeah it seems that they decided that they would only do a second season and decided to ask the author to help them write an anime original ending that could fit in that season.

That's the unfortunate risk of seasonal adaptations starting late or with the manga ending not long after the anime starts. You're not guaranteed to have a full adaptation unless there is a really big incentive for the production committee.

To be honest, when the 1st season didn't end with a 2nd season announcement starting soon, I immediately got a bad feeling.
    Last edited by fana; February 13th, 2021 at 09:19 AM.

I gave them a pass in the first season when they skipped some things. I thought they were just going to address it in season 2 as an alternate sequencing choice. They never really addressed it and began to skip more as season 2 began.

When they skipped Yuugo, it was confirmation for me that they're gonna pull some bs. Then, a moment that wasn't meant to happen until after GP arc happened and I turned it off. This show is ass. I've never seen anything like this before.

After the 1st arc the Yuugo, Goldy Pond stuff was the next best. I'm glad I didn't start the anime yet. That's just so bizarre to me.

Incredibly stupid is what this is. Goldy Pond was not just some filler arc where nothing happened as it had very important plots elements and characters introduced into the story. This cannot be seen as anything less than the butchering of the plot.

So, me and the wife have been watching the anie, haven't read the manga... but now I'm seeing that season 2 has completely dropped the ball and is apparently leaving out huge chunks of stuff?

Is it actually important or is the internet over-reacting? And why would the skip stuff when the manga is already done and they know exactly how much material they have?
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Without spoiling, we don't know.

Vague analysis:

Spoiler:
    The skipped arc introduced a bunch of characters and villains, the characters didn't mesh well with the main cast, except a few of them, and the villain was the second best of the series.

Some things have to be mixed up to acomodate the overall plot, but the characters fade into the background hard, and the villain had conections that went underexplored.

I believe they are overreacting, but with every change there are unforseen consequences.
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Its not that much nessesery to watch, it is just very good. After this point the manga drops in intensity. and you loose a bit of the (psychological) battles. And the "villain"is great

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    So, me and the wife have been watching the anie, haven't read the manga... but now I'm seeing that season 2 has completely dropped the ball and is apparently leaving out huge chunks of stuff?

Is it actually important or is the internet over-reacting? And why would the skip stuff when the manga is already done and they know exactly how much material they have?
    Hard for me to say since I haven't seen the second season of the anime yet, but keep in mind there's three arcs in the manga and it sounds like the anime is essentially omitting one of them. Also, if they are excluding the villain from the second arc, then that's a damn shame because he may be the best villain in the whole series.

Discovered Stowaway El-Matematico's Avatar

The main issue I have with the anime (by itself, without comparing it with the manga) are those long sequences of nothing happening. Half an episode roaming the empty shelter. Half an episode fishing and eating fish. A whole episode of sneaking in a demon city + snippets of demon culture. An episode of children talking instead of showing a proper flashback.
    Wash your hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    Since the manga is done they not want to spend several seasons anymore since there's no need to promote the manga and its not the money machine demon slayer is.

It's still selling really well though.
    Also there's gonna be a mobile game with golden pond as one of it's maps.
    https://www.gematsu.com/2021/02/the-...pring-in-japan
    So yeah a lot of baffling decisions are being done.

I want to believe too big guy
    3ds code friend:0404-6254-1866
    new "new"3ds code friend:0791-4253-7110 (monster hunter)

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information