+ Reply to Thread
Page 58 of 58 FirstFirst ... 8 48 56 57 58
Results 1,141 to 1,158 of 1158

Thread: The Promised Neverland

Default Re: The Promised Neverland

Spoiler:
    there's a possibility he's not exactly Norman because the neck wasn't shown. In my opinion it would be too easy for uh Minernorman to be "Norman". I foresee an eventual conflict between Emma and this uh..minerva? Norman?

Spoiler:
    So which is the truth? That Minerva just happens to look a lot like Norman? That Norman is Minerva's clone? Or are we dipping into the dangerous literary waters that is time travel?

I'm on the side that it just looks like Norman. I'll sooner believe cloning being involved before accelerated aging. It has been a while since we saw Norman but it didn't seem like he was in any position to escape.

I think it's probably just Norman. We'll likely get a flashback soon enough.

I'm on Team Clone. That may be why Norman was put in that place and not on a plate in the first place. Why are the Ratri cloning themselves? Not sure, but I get the feeling they're trying to one-up the demons in case things ever go south. No way demons need super athletic humans roaming around, but Minerva's got them.

Quote Originally Posted by zeltrax225 View Post
    Spoiler:
    there's a possibility he's not exactly Norman because the neck wasn't shown. In my opinion it would be too easy for uh Minernorman to be "Norman". I foresee an eventual conflict between Emma and this uh..minerva? Norman?
    Minorman

NNID: jervinnectar

Aggravator via Destiny darktravis's Avatar

First episode is out now.
    Spoiler:
    I found it to be excellently done.
    Though the Ray knowing everything twist foreshadowing might be a bit too strong.
    Last edited by darktravis; January 9th, 2019 at 06:31 PM.

Well, I pretty much liked everything about the first episode. (I never noticed that mother had violet eyes. Odd somehow)

As I read Neverland for the first time, Conny never made an impact to me (except the moment when she died of course) because I didn't knew what would happen to her.
    But now, knowing what's up with this world, seeing her live and happy just broke my heart. That is hell of a rewatch bonus to put it mildly :(

One thought for the manga spoilered because of hopefully new influx on readers
    Spoiler:
    I agree on Ray beeing seen way to often just standing around knowingly, lol.
    "Often I think about my many comrades fallen by my side. I heard their curses against the war and its authors, the revolt against their murder. And I, as a survivor, believe that I am inspired by their will to struggle, for the idea of peace and human fraternity."
    Corp. Barthas, France, Feb. 1919

Episode 2 of the anime already disappointing.
    It was speed blitzing through the material that hardly any of the bombs had the same weight or felt as important as their manga counter part.
    It also detracted most of the fun factor by removing scenes where they do stuff, and only left the dramatic speeches; which gives the impression that this is a moody series about weak kids trying to escape certain doom, instead of intelligent kids trying to outsmart their genius mother while the odds are stacked against them that the manga actually delivered.
    Just saying my opinion, episode 3 might change my mind tho.
    Spoiler:

Who thought not showing this in episode 2 was a good idea?

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

I'm not really opposed to fast pacing, and to be honest, the episode was well directed for the most part.
    It's just that the overall atmosphere doesn't seem like the one I felt from the manga. Everything is so bleak, unlike the ups and downs of the original, still, maybe it will change with later episodes.

Honestly TPN is much better at the hands of people who actually cares.
    Maybe madhouse or IG. Instead we get this attempt that, while too early to say, I predict will be an adaption of mostly edgeyness.
    The sheer inconsistency of the animation studios in Japan bewilders me sometimes but blah blah culture blab blah
    For once maybe if TPN is picked up by a western company it will do better.
    Latest chapter:
    Spoiler:
    I still think there's a lot to the current Norman. Unless Emma straight out thinks he is a different person assuming the identity of her old friend, I'm going to go with the fact that he is really Norman but it's apparent that he's a different person at the same time.

Spoiler:
    Isnít it a little bit odd to Norman had achieved so much in two years?
    And the whole why demons eat humans is gonna turn into a Soylent Green situation ainít it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Link:
    https://readms.net/r/neverland/119/5618/1

Quote Originally Posted by zeltrax225 View Post
    Spoiler:
    I still think there's a lot to the current Norman. Unless Emma straight out thinks he is a different person assuming the identity of her old friend, I'm going to go with the fact that he is really Norman but it's apparent that he's a different person at the same time.
    Quote Originally Posted by pariston_hill View Post
    Spoiler:
    Isn’t it a little bit odd to Norman had achieved so much in two years?
    And the whole why demons eat humans is gonna turn into a Soylent Green situation ain’t it?
    Spoiler:
    Norman said he was sent to a farm that experimented on children, so at this point I'm going to assume they made him age at a faster rate than a normal human. It's already been 2 years since the escape, so while Emma and Ray are now 15 (or 16 if my timing is off), Norman looks at least 18, if not his 20s. Or what should be his 20s but he's really just 15.

Quote Originally Posted by pariston_hill View Post
    Spoiler:
    Isnít it a little bit odd to Norman had achieved so much in two years?
    And the whole why demons eat humans is gonna turn into a Soylent Green situation ainít it?
    Spoiler:
    I'm kinda expecting that all demons start like mindless animals and then gain intelligence based on what they eat the brain of. That would explain why geniuses are high grade products.
    Life flows on. I'd just go with it if I were me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ageless_Bum View Post
    Spoiler:
    I'm kinda expecting that all demons start like mindless animals and then gain intelligence based on what they eat the brain of. That would explain why geniuses are high grade products.
    Good point, good point, that would make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Ageless_Bum View Post
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    The town demons didn't seem stupid at all (if not genius-level), and all they seem to eat is 3rd-grade "meat".

Spoiler:
    Also Luciel, or whatever, the first of the poachers to die. He was dumb as bricks.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

Spoiler:
    Too bad the manga skipped Norman's escape. Unless, there's something he's not telling the others.

NNID: jervinnectar

They'll probably show us in a flashback.

Yeah the flashback will probably cover the demons existance and why they are like are as part of normans fact finding and then lead into the escape at the end
    Chapter 437 Discussion after franky decides to join the Strawhats:
    So who think Usopp is inside that duffelbag?
    H x H Chimera Ant Arc / OP Manga Spoiler
    Spoiler:

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information