+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: VIZ/Mangastream Comparison Questions and Archive

Default Re: VIZ/Mangastream Comparison Questions and Archive

I noticed on tumblr that people is confused regarding Cavendish´backstory. On chapter 867 it says he left the "Bourgeois Kingdom" because of the aforementioned situation with the girls not getting married in hopes they could get married to him. But back on chapter 634 we were told he´s known as the Kamaitachi of Rommel, and had to leave Rommel because of Hakuba.

Thing is people seem to think the kingdom is named "Bourgeois", while I read it as a characteristic instead, as "a kingdom that is bourgeois"

So the question is... Did VIZ make any change on the 867 cover?

I don't think Rommel was ever said to be Cavendish's birth place. It was just a place that he terrorized as Hakuba.

One Pace - The One Piece anime without the filler and padding.
    AP Discord

Oh I assumed it was. Thx

The Mad Moiselle BellisarioFaith's Avatar

Updated through Chapter 869. For the time being, I placed it in a new volume, 87, and set the Volume 86 cutoff point at 868, but I'll change that in the future if need be.
    Hidden:

Updated through 871. Since 869 appears to be the last chapter in Volume 86, I moved it there instead as well.
    Hidden:

Sorry, went wayyy too long without updating this. Now updated to current chapter (876).
    Hidden:

King of Little Sisters ~ Chrior's Avatar

I don't know if it's been discussed before, but does anyone know why Stephen decided to translate the name of Don Sai and Chinjao's fleet as Happosui Army instead of Happo Navy, like in the fan scanlations? Is it so that there's no confusion between them and the Navy (aka Marines) or something? I know that the Navy is kaigun in japanese, while the Happo is suigun instead, so maybe Navy is not a correct translation for the latter. But Happosui Army doesn't sound very well, imo.

Updated through the latest chapter, 878.

And as for your question, Chrior, I don't know for sure, but since "sui" is one way to read the "water" kanji, and the "gun" means "army/forces/troops", I assume combining them to "suigun" means something like "water army/water troops", and so the fan translations just made that into "Navy" because that's basically what a "water army" is. (For the record, I think "kaigun" is "sea army/sea troops"?) But yeah, I guess they just left the "sui" untranslated and stuck it on the end of "Happo", then translated the "gun" to "Army".

As to why, I'm not sure. Maybe it is like you suggested, to avoid confusing with the other Navy (a.k.a. the Marines). Maybe Stephen could answer it for you in the VIZ thread if he doesn't see the question here?
    Hidden:

Okay, guys, it's been months and I'm super sorry it took so long, but I finally got around to doing everything that needed to get done with this:
    • Wrote comparisons for Chapters 879 and 880, the two I couldn't do at the time due to being out of the country where I couldn't access VIZ; this thread is currently the only place where these are saved.
    • Also wrote one for Chapter 889, whose VIZ version came out on Christmas and I also didn't do at the time due to being busy with family/holiday stuff. Like the above two, I only have this saved in here.
    • Copied all other comparisons that I did do, from 881 to 891, from their chapter threads into the original post here.
    So now the thread is once again up-to-date as of Chapter 891. I'll try to be keep updating on time as much as possible.

On another note, it's possible that, before too long, I'll need to start putting the chapter comparisons in a different post (like #29, my next post after the original), because that OP has so much stuff in it by now that it's taking longer and longer to save new changes, haha.
    Hidden:

P̒̌͒ͥ̐̏̑sͥ̇y̔cͣ͌̍rͫ̔ȏ w̾͆ ̇ Psycrow's Avatar

This thread still goin?
    One Piece characters exploring outside options when One Piece is on break...

i think he continue the comparison in the chapter release thread respectively

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information