+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: What did Luffy say?

Default Re: What did Luffy say?

Or maybe he said "I want that everybody in the world be the most free men/women". Well, we'll probably know what he said until One Piece ends or near the end.

Ugh, I keep retyping this post as I shoot down each idea I have... WTF could it be?! The only thing that kinda makes sense is it having something to do with his family and their inherited will or something. We still don't know if Luffy has ever met his mother, right?

I believe he said "Dadan is my waifu"
    And then Ace and Sabo were all like "da fuck? oda said no romance in op"

By the 7 Sons of Pwngoat! *Meh*'s Avatar

Is this going to turn into Luffy's Mad Libs?

Fill in the blank: "Then, I wanna _________!"

*Eat Big Bird
    *win at pachinko
    *Pay my bar tab to Makino
    *make a world where both you guys' dreams are perfectly valid and fulfilled
    *open the gate to Hell
    *make a friends with a talking skeleton
    *eat dodongos. MM~mm! Dodongos

Honestly, I don't feel like sitting around in suspense for the next three years- or whenever Oda feels like clearing up this mystery. So, I won't. At this point in the story, it doesn't have much bearing on the plot. Really, the most the revelation could do is cast the plot in a different light. Interesting to see how everything could be viewed from a different perspective, but I can wait for it.
    I'm like Hisotensoku: Not here to preserve peace, nor to destroy it. I certainly can't move mountains. Mostly, I'm just full of hot air.
    - *Meh*

I'm glad people are finally taking notice of this. Until this topic was brought up others had convinced me it was just the usual pirate king stuff. I remember bringing this up a few times along with Shanks' words but since it wasn't a hot topic with anyone I just went with the flow.

Still there was no way I could accept that the words Roger and Luffy shared was "I'm gonna find a crew thats better than yours and find the greatest treasure ever!" We do know that Luffy and Shanks had a ton of off panel time together, what with stories about Usopp and listening to the Red Hairs sing Bink's Sake so it will be nice to see another extended flash back from Luffy.

Some of the ideas presented here are pretty interesting, glad I sparked interest in this topic.
    Folks who read One Piece... Just better people. \_(ツ)_/

Quote Originally Posted by Femme View Post
    Luffy's just a kid and he's a bit of an idiot so it wouldn't be something super deep either.
    Is he really thou?

I like to think that Luffy just started to play ignorant after seen glances of how the world is when he was a kid and he just keeps having those internal dialogues that we don't see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Whatever it is, it is clearly set up to be revealed in some future Sabo reminiscence.

It's certainly benign enough because the reader immediately assumes that he said he wanted to be Pirate King, or the Freest Man in the Sea. The sort of boast that would make people pause as it so often has up to now in the series. However, the choice of not making it audible (or rather known) leads me to suspect that this "blank" intends to be filled at a future time for whatever reason.

I think make the world a better place will tie in somehow, maybe we'll see a hint of revo behavior. He got it from his dad?
    Chapter 437 Discussion after franky decides to join the Strawhats:
    So who think Usopp is inside that duffelbag?
    H x H Chimera Ant Arc / OP Manga Spoiler
    Spoiler:

"I want to destroy the Reverse Mountain and Mariejoia and connect all the seas together."
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

Discovered Stowaway

"I want to be the freest man in the world while treating people as people unless they give me a reason not to". Although this might have made more sense if this was after the burning of the Grey Terminal.

Quote Originally Posted by imperioonepiece View Post
    Or maybe he said "I want that everybody in the world be the most free men/women". Well, we'll probably know what he said until One Piece ends or near the end.
    Quote Originally Posted by Namiorbust View Post
    "I want to be the freest man in the world while treating people as people unless they give me a reason not to". Although this might have made more sense if this was after the burning of the Grey Terminal.
    since when does "free" started having measurements? what do you consider someone whos the least free? someone who's in the middle? the most free?
    sorry but i think this suggestion doesn't make a lick of sense.
    and why would luffy start caring about other people being free? he always struck me as a more self centered character.
    on the bolded part, you really expect a child to articulate on how he wants to treat people?

personally i think it's something very simple and silly, maybe like "i want to beat shanks", "sail around the whole world", "surpass the pirate king" etc..

"I want to be the very best, like no one ever was. To steal meat is my real test, to eat it is my cause.
    I will travel across the seas, searching the grand line, each poneglyph to understand, this ancient recipe.
    One piece!, (The secret recipe) its you and me
    We are going to enjoy a feast
    One Piece!, Oh, we need cherry glaze
    Or the meat will just be bland
    One Piece!, (The secret recipe) a dash of paprika
    Our appetite will pull us through
    You teach me and i'll just eat
    O-ne Pie-ce! The secret recipe!!!!."
    Last edited by K. Kira XXIII; June 28th, 2016 at 07:50 AM. Reason: Damn I just made One Piece into a Toriko/Pokemon mash up.

So basically, MoonkeyKing has created a new thread to discuss something no one can talk about, ( because we know absolutely nothing about it ) instead of putting that in "Notion that don't deserve they own thread" just because, you know, HE HAS A STAR on top of his avatar

Well, whatever. I always wondered where is Luffy coming from here ?
    http://i7.mangareader.net/one-piece/...ce-1668182.jpg

It seems he was living outside the village.
    Last edited by Don_Freecs; June 28th, 2016 at 07:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Don_Freecs View Post
    So basically, MoonkeyKing has created a new thread to discuss something no one can talk about, ( because we know absolutely nothing about it ) instead of putting that in "Notion that don't deserve they own thread" just because, you know, HE HAS A STAR on top of his avatar
    Well it's already got 4 pages and not that many responses are simply "gosh I have no clue!"; at least not as many as I expected. It's something pretty major in the overall scheme of the story, too, that could use some more attention and speculation. Not every thread needs a hundred pages to legitimise itself. I'm more surprised at the fact that there are separate threads for Kaidou and Big Mom, to be honest.

Any thing a mod would either close this and transfer to another thread or even if it happened the other way around a mod would create a new thread for it just like the Kaido is a Dragon DF one.

The reason we know little about it is because it seems a lot of people had not paid proper attention to it. Now that we have, people that are reading will pay more attention to what Luffy says and how he phrases it.

I have been curious about it for a while now.

It's almost like... there's a reason that he's got that star.

Your comment would be valid if it was comment #8 or so, after the thread was already existing for a couple of days.

And Dadan's house was outside the village. On Mt. Colbo.

And you know, I wasn't serious right ? It's not like I mind if we talk about it in a specific thread.

But well, I'm WARNED. wtf.

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    And Dadan's house was outside the village. On Mt. Colbo.
    this is Romance Dawn dude.
    Last edited by Don_Freecs; June 28th, 2016 at 12:02 PM.

this is Romance Dawn dude.
    Then he lived in the outskirts of the village. *shrugs*

But well, I'm WARNED. wtf.
    can't say you don't deserve it. you're trying to create drama out of nothing with this inferiority complex of yours. mk's observation is mysterious and strong enough to have it's own thread, the main character had a very important line obscured for reasons we don't know.

did you even try to make a thread about something interesting and someone stopped you because you lack the holy red star?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information