Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: 2016 APCT Round 1.5 Discussion Thread: Test Your Might!

Default Re: 2016 APCT Round 1.5 Discussion Thread: Test Your Might!

I told you that the 4th match would be brutal, also, Whitey Bay will make a surprising comeback...
    When AP used to be good:

NEVER FORGET !!

Damn. Out of all the champions, I didn't expect Whitebeard not to make it.

Schrödinger's Giraffe Wooden_Giraffe's Avatar

It actually went about as I expected it too champion wise. Whitebeard and Norland aren't exactly overall favorites. Whitebeard steamrolled due to it being the height of his awesome screen time and has since never reappeared in the manga, him being dead and all. Norland's run was completely unexpected and again due to him being referred to in the manga while the Strawhats were in Tontatta. Much of his campaigns were based on the fact that he would never be relevant again so it was now or never. Everyone else is either a Strawhat(who were definitely getting through), well beloved characters who have consistently had great success(Bon Clay) or someone who was recently relevant(Bartolomeo) and even he barely made it through.

Wondering what Round 2 has in store for us. I have to say I'm hoping for a straight up 1 v. 1 tournament from now on. I know we've done tag team matches in the past but I've always felt like they kind of take away from the individual characters. It'd be especially weird with us already having some large groups like the Strawhat Fleet moving on. In the end all I really want is an easy matchup for Kaku. Hope beyond hope~

Quote Originally Posted by Wooden_Giraffe View Post
    Everyone else is either a Strawhat(who were definitely getting through), well beloved characters who have consistently had great success(Bon Clay) or someone who was recently relevant(Bartolomeo) and even he barely made it through.
    But that doesn't explain Vito to me. He is a thousand times less likeable than Norland. I'm still wondering what happened there.
    "Often I think about my many comrades fallen by my side. I heard their curses against the war and its authors, the revolt against their murder. And I, as a survivor, believe that I am inspired by their will to struggle, for the idea of peace and human fraternity."
    Corp. Barthas, France, Feb. 1919

Quote Originally Posted by Wintermute View Post
    But that doesn't explain Vito to me. He is a thousand times less likeable than Norland. I'm still wondering what happened there.
    The power of campaigns. Stelly's no angel, either
    Hidden:

Stelly I can understand. He's a big wig. A relevant antagonist.

Vito just has big hands and a long tongue??
    "Often I think about my many comrades fallen by my side. I heard their curses against the war and its authors, the revolt against their murder. And I, as a survivor, believe that I am inspired by their will to struggle, for the idea of peace and human fraternity."
    Corp. Barthas, France, Feb. 1919

If I liked Pekoms a little less, Vito would've won me over with the Assassination Classroom parody. That was hilarious.

With that said, I'm incredibly happy to see Pekoms move forward, especially since he's relevant in the story right now.

Stelly already had a following before his reappearance. So his being a king now actually isn't that big of a reason for his win. Most of the fans were already there before, they just have new material.

Stelly started out just like Vito, appeared in one issue and someone decided it be funny to be a fan. Then the ball got rolling and people actually liked something about him.

No the one that's hard to explain is this pretender "Fred". Yes, he looks impressive but he's a pretender, a liar.
    How can someone be a liar if they appear in only 1 panel and never spoke? Well note he presents himself in these contests as an 'awesome octopus fishman'. The fishman is true, I won't debate the awesome as there is no proof to the contrary. ITs the octopus part that's a lie. He's a squid fishman

Thanks for participating in this impromptu round, folks. The Round 2 Discussion will be up in a few minutes, so stay tuned.

Quote Originally Posted by Katzztar View Post
    ITs the octopus part that's a lie. He's a squid fishman
    Well, that was how he was first nominated and that's how he's stayed.
    Complicating things since 2009.

Thread Information