+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 827: Totland

Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar

Default Re: Chapter 827: Totland

Quote Originally Posted by BingBang View Post
    the word TOT comes from the catalan (spain region where they have an independence movement) that means ALL. Im sure that Oda found that word while listening the FC Barcelon hymn whem they say "TOT el camp".
    I figured it was tot as n toddler given the fairy tale/Disney theme we have going.

Oh God I just had a random thought. Pudding will want to marry Luffy for his love of her baking. Chaos ensues.
    Waldorf: You know Statler, after watching the last nine hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

I think Purin/Pudding is sweet and nice when someone compliments her food...watch Sanji make remarks about how its not tasting right or w/e she will be angryyy! I think we might see a cook battle? not sanji vs purin but Sanji vs Big Moms cooks must be crazy...when Sanji wins, BM would want him in her crew even more!
    One Piece ,\/,,

Quote Originally Posted by Nycprodigy View Post
    We can worry about Sanji's character being destroyed when we see him using his fists.
    Well, as far as in Baratie arc we've seen Zeff using fists to beat some sense into Sanji, so under some really, really special circumstances I can imagine Sanji using fists without it destroying his character. Same goes for kicking a woman (though I'd except the internal fight to be much harder).
    All hail Machvise-sama, Arlong Park Character Tournament 2016 Champion!

You know, if I were Luffy...
    I'd just take Pudding right now as the cook. Who needs Sanji? He ain't got boobs.

Awsome chapter. I guess Luffy's group will use Purin (or whatever her real name is) as a trading card for Sanji. Jimbei may be playing dobble agent, passing as Momma's allied but working for Luffy in reality.
    If you fall, I will certainly help you
    But if I fall, I will not expect you to help me
    I will rise again.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycrow View Post
    You know, if I were Luffy...
    I'd just take Pudding right now as the cook. Who needs Sanji? He ain't got boobs.
    Why not just take Ivankov in the crew? That way everyone in the crew will have boobs! Female Luffy, female zoro, female usopp, female cyborg.

Theory: Big mom either has the ability or a minion with the ability to infuse souls with inanimate objects and bend them to her will (kinda like moria and hogback). She plans to make luffy an inamimate object after he declared war on her and Sanji will save him by cooking big mom the best meal she's ever had.

Quote Originally Posted by uniaka ikuzakas View Post
    Why not just take Ivankov in the crew? That way everyone in the crew will have boobs! Female Luffy, female zoro, female usopp, female cyborg.
    Except Ivankov (in any form) would offset the hotness of your crew

King of the Monsters Lucky Dragon's Avatar

It's a real treat whenever Oda creates a more outlandish location for the Straw Hats to visit. You can just see his enthusiasm bleed onto the page as you read. I love the whole food theme Cacao Island and the chancellors of Totland have going on, everything just screams "this is Big Mom country". Speaking of, I really like everything i'm seeing from Big Mom so far, her look, her dream, how sinister yet colorful she is, she's about a step away from being one of my favorite characters, the only thing left to find out is what she's capable of in battle.

I got a nice chuckle from Nami being so blase about Luffy causing trouble too.
    Quote Originally Posted by BellisarioFaith View Post
    Y'know, now that I look at it again, with the hair and body build and facial build, Big Mom really does look like an Evil Kokoro. That panel on the last page (with the rainbows and everybody singing) really drives it home.
    Good eye, didn't notice that before you pointed it out, makes me like her design even more.

“I thought of Godzilla as the embodiment of violence and hatred for mankind, because he was created by atomic energy. He's like a symbol of humanity's complicity in their own destruction. He doesn't have an emotion. He is an emotion.” — Jun Fukuda

Lump of Dirt

This was an interesting chapter indeed! I can't wait to see what happens next! :3

Also, I think with Pedro wanting to hide his secrets; he may have been the traitor back in Zou. With him being around the others, and not wanting them to know about it, sounds a little bit suspicious indeed!

1) The complicated candy bureaucracy is hilarious

2) Pudding is love, Pudding is life.

3) So before it was theorized that Big Mom had some sort of "plant-plant" power that gave wood (the ship, the door) life, but now we have carpets, rainbows, suns...I really hope it's not another Dressrosa situation where these are all just cursed citizens.

Just wow. Pudding is sooooo cute!

Year of Sanji, let's go!

It also looks to me that Pedro posted some Minks there to investigate something sometime ago.

Also, 3 days (the tea party) is quite long in One Piece active timeline. Most arcs are resolved in less than a day. Well, whole cake isle is 1-day away. It'll still be nice if they rescue Sanji before the tea party to avoid confrontation with Big Mam.
    Some long-term predictions:
    Vegapunk with Paw-Paw fruit for Nakama!!!
    Kaidou is gonna be killed by Blackbeard and get his strongest Zoan DF!!!

Looks like I'm going to be enjoying this arc, I hope Oda will keep it consistently good.

Are the tea parties supposed to be some blood sacrifice rituals to fuel the magic of the island and keep it running? Wait, what? I'm confusing myself. Why does she need to "sacrifice" Luffy?

Year of Sanji, let's go!

Someone call for Zeidoktor sgamer82's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by parklane21 View Post
    It also looks to me that Pedro posted some Minks there to investigate something sometime ago.
    I took it more as Pedro visited the island in the past in some fashion. Or an implication that the spotted mink has a checkered past.
    Waldorf: You know Statler, after watching the last nine hundred episodes of One Piece, I think I've come to a conclusion.
    Statler: No you haven't.
    Both: DOHOHOHOHOHO!

I like the idea of it being a place where all races can join up together in harmony. It really underlines how in the One Piece world like ours, they have racial issues and wish to create a utopia where everyone can just get along.

Quote Originally Posted by Dranza View Post
    Are the tea parties supposed to be some blood sacrifice rituals to fuel the magic of the island and keep it running? Wait, what? I'm confusing myself. Why does she need to "sacrifice" Luffy?
    Maybe it is just some allegory that says she only wanna kill that cocky brat.

My head still aching from seeing that last part of this chapter. Still thinking about Big Mom's Devil Fruit ability but here's the thing I speculated. What if her ability allows her to eat like ingredients or fruits, digesting it and it leads up to her spitting out the result, a food, a pastry or somewhat, plants that came to life? (For ex. she ate an apple, she spits out a talking tree. She ate a chocolate ingredient, she spits out a talking chocolate cake)? Like she is giving to life to anything she ate after spitting them out. It's kinda similar to Wapol's Baku Baku Fruit where he ate several objects and spitting out a combination of what he eats but it's different. I know this sounds silly but I'm just speculating. Also, she is hungry all the time and needs to eat something, maybe to harness her Devil Fruit ability.

And as for the rainbow and the sun, they couldn't be actually be the real thing. Maybe they're actually candies in which their appearance are shaped to look like the rainbow and the sun. Or maybe she drink the water and spit out, forming a sun and a rainbow.
    Last edited by Faruway; May 26th, 2016 at 11:08 AM.
    Creator of the Super Smash Bros. and Video Game Trailers Reaction Mashup in YouTube!

Because the number of islands is the same as the number of BM daughters, I'm assuming each chancellor is a guy that married into the crew,

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information