+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 148 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 ... LastLast

Thread: Bleach Discussion █: Soul Society, but not!

Shipmate

Default Re: Bleach and Fairy Tail Discussion -0: No one cares anyway

But they are good at changing your post into a picture of an armadillo dong.

Fairy Tail had a samurai lady who chopped a playing card in half, separating the face of the card from the back. Sure it had the "We ran out of magic we'll just have to use tomorrow's magic!" and alternate reality stupidness that made me drop it but that samurai lady will always have a place in my heart.
    Last edited by y2kyle89; May 6th, 2016 at 06:13 PM. Reason: I think she had skulls on her kimono's(?) sleeves?
    Quote Originally Posted by John Adams
    I have always been dissatisfied, I know that. But lately I find I reek of discontentment; it fills my throat and floods my brain. Sometimes I fear there's no longer a dream but only the discontentment.

I stopped caring about Bleach after Soul Society, and I never expected anything from Fairy Tail(I am expecting a lot more from Black Clover), but Bleach betrayed my expectations forever again when we had several more chapters instead of The End after Kenpachi's bankai.

Quote Originally Posted by The Franky Tank View Post
    The most exciting one was the end of the tournament. All 5 FT members were injured so badly that a leaf hitting them would knock them out. So healthy Sting comes out having not fought at ready to take them all out, which he would have just enough points to win. But the most unexpected thing happens. The injured members are standing there all exhausted, and he freaks out and gets so scared, he surrenders on the spot because he can't compare to their power of friendship.
    Meh. Considering how much stronger than him Natsu already was, I never believed he stand a chance in the first place. He just recognized how shitty his level actually was.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by kouch_lee View Post
    Nothing, just nothing stands out in the entirety of the series. You can probably read a couple arcs in a row and not feel uber insulted (there ARE insulting moments, specially that first time skip. . .holy ass shit was that uber CRAP), but there's not a single memorable moment in 500+ chapters. Not a single piece of interesting world building, not a single iconic dramatic moment, not a single can't-miss fight scene. . .everything is pure vanilla, by the book shonen dullness.
    I remember LAxus arc being entertaining and giving a good fight at the end(can't rember the panels tho). And I loved Mistogun(dude that look like Erza's boyfriend) introduction.

Don't mess with the Law if you don't have an Ace up your sleeve.

See Fairy Tail might be by the books shonen, but at least it's light hearted and Mashima doesn't really get too crazy.

I really can't dig when Bleach gets too caught up in its serious moments, because it makes whatever comedy (which IIRC Kubo said he writes when he gets bored) extremely jarring and overall, everyone forgets how to crack a smile.

In the beginning he was able to have organic humor and time his emotional moments well, but....not now. Who can forget the stereotypical Bleach look of half lidded eyes and duck lips?

Fairy Tail 483
    Spoiler:
    Last edited by Underworld1991; May 6th, 2016 at 10:19 PM.

hentai tail does not even need to have a good chapter since you get tits and ass and sometimes even some fan service for the female readers also the story is not as slow as bleach either most of the story arcs only last about 6 months at the most and the author sometimes gives us 3 chapters for one week the art,fanservice,ect is a lot better than bleach and even though fairy tail could have someone help the author with the story and plot its still better than the super slow bleach one where every 3 bleach chapters could be merged to just make 1 chapter. (the fairy tail story is most likely just messed up because the author was going to end fairy tail a lot sooner but then it became popular so he extended the story)

hentai tail will be ending before bleach as well it will be ending this year so i don't see the need to merge it when its ending but you're just giving fairy tail more readers anyways its better than bleach i only read bleach to see the final bankai's lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamiel View Post
    I stopped caring about Bleach after Soul Society, and I never expected anything from Fairy Tail(I am expecting a lot more from Black Clover), but Bleach betrayed my expectations forever again when we had several more chapters instead of The End after Kenpachi's bankai.
    I think kubo planned the story out until the end of soul society then just started making shit up every week after that the only he had done ahead of time was future character designs fairy tail started off as a adventure manga and could have been like one piece but instead of going to island to island that could have gone on more difficult job quests the author of fairy tail would have done better if he had someone help write the story for him since that's the main thing that is lacking his art is much better than bleach since you don't have everyone looking the same lol.

The one thing i like about the fairy tail story is that is pacing is a lot faster and we sometimes get 3 chapters in one week but we have not been getting that much now that the anime has ended.

you could make 3 bleach chapters into 1 just removing the wasted space such as a entire page wasted on something that should be 1 panel or eye/foot close ups.

Quote Originally Posted by sanji''s_dad View Post
    I think kubo planned the story out until the end of soul society
    Nope. He didn't even know Aizen wasn't really dead. That twist, and the reveal of the main villain of the entire arc and series, were things he came up with at the last minute. He's said as much.

He did NOT have a plan. At all.

I think Aizen being able to plan everything even in the most absurd conditions might just be a projection of what Kubo would like to be, but can't. So he created this character to give an impression of things being planned out because he said so, instead of crafting them overtime with care and skill.

Quote Originally Posted by The Franky Tank View Post
    The most exciting one was the end of the tournament. All 5 FT members were injured so badly that a leaf hitting them would knock them out. So healthy Sting comes out having not fought at ready to take them all out, which he would have just enough points to win. But the most unexpected thing happens. The injured members are standing there all exhausted, and he freaks out and gets so scared, he surrenders on the spot because he can't compare to their power of friendship.
    I'd prefer if they actually fought, but it didn't happen the way you describe. He didn't get scared, he just couldn't bring himself to go through with it because it would be cheap. He wanted to do it to see his cat again, I think Minerva set it as a condition or something, but he decided this wasn't the way, or that he should be better than this. Something along the lines. He was divided between getting his friend back and not letting him down.

http://www.mangareader.net/fairy-tail/322/27
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    I'd prefer if they actually fought, but it didn't happen the way you describe. He didn't get scared, he just couldn't bring himself to go through with it because it would be cheap. He wanted to do it to see his cat again, I think Minerva set it as a condition or something, but he decided this wasn't the way, or that he should be better than this. Something along the lines. He was divided between getting his friend back and not letting him down.

People would have been fine with that if after the tournament he left the guild with rogue and joined fairy tail with that other celestal spirit mage

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    I stopped reading Bleach after they beat Aizen. That was the end far as I'm concerned. I briefly checked in to see Kenpachi's underwhelming bankai.

I stopped reading Fairy Tail after they went to cat island and got back the one member of their guild they though was dead or something and it was clear the series was never going to grow beyond what it was despite its potential.

So it's been years.

But both series have had a Gerard!

(And Fairy Tail has had like 3 months to make its own new thread. No one did. The apathy is high.)
    fairy tail is going to end soon so no point making a new thread and the other one was fine since it does not get as many posts as it use to its better than bleach since the story actually moves forward and you get softcore hentai out of it plus sex jokes as well sometimes however because its going to end soon within the year most likely since they have almost finished zeref off leaving only the dragon boss acnologia left some people that have nothing better than read bleach could pick it up again since its ending and will end before bleach does lol
    Last edited by sanji''s_dad; May 7th, 2016 at 03:38 AM.

People would have been fine with that if after the tournament he left the guild with rogue and joined fairy tail with that other celestal spirit mage
    I don't see the connection, but fine, I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

Now that Natsu and Orihime have reached Zeref will they be able to beat him with his all seeing eyes powers or will Aizen finally show up and do some friendship one hit kill and become the ultimate bad guy again? Then of course all the Shinigami of the fairy tail guild will have to deal with him.

Btw, how many of the Spriggan 12 are still active?

I stopped reading after the Laxus arc and then I read the chapter where the meaning of E.N.D. is revealed out of pure curiosity.Can someone tell me a summary of the most bullshit moments that happened after that?I'm interested to see if they're Bleach level stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartholos View Post
    I stopped reading after the Laxus arc and then I read the chapter where the meaning of E.N.D. is revealed out of pure curiosity.Can someone tell me a summary of the most bullshit moments that happened after that?I'm interested to see if they're Bleach level stupid.
    FT's main problem is that basically everything happens without proper foreshadowing and build-up, and therefore nothing really has some real impact. So the plot is nothing more than a stringing together of some random, totally forgettable events. I'd like to tell you the most bullshit moments, but seriously everything just is so forgettable.

Nope. He didn't even know Aizen wasn't really dead. That twist, and the reveal of the main villain of the entire arc and series, were things he came up with at the last minute. He's said as much.

He had ideas, though. Arrancars were thought up before the SS arc even began. To bad he decided to make a smug bottle of hair gel the main villain instead of sticking with hollows. Could've avoided a lot of pretentious asspulls.

Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post

Maybe it wasn't that, but it was still overall pretty weird to me. I would've been fine with him fighting, decide maybe it was best not to do that, and Erza coming suddenly with the cat and deciding to let FT win.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartholemew Bear View Post
    Btw, how many of the Spriggan 12 are still active?
    Let's see, guy that's with Zeref, August, Erza's mom, and the death looking guy. The ones out are Brandish, Sand guy, memory guy, assassin, robot guy, Dimaria, Serena. So I'm missing one so either one that hasn't been revealed or someone I forgot.

I think kubo planned the story out until the end of soul society

To add on this point, the Gotei 13 wasn't fully conceptualized when Rukia was arrested - Byakuya does not show up with a captain's haori.

Quote Originally Posted by Yobiyopi View Post
    I think Aizen being able to plan everything even in the most absurd conditions might just be a projection of what Kubo would like to be, but can't. So he created this character to give an impression of things being planned out because he said so, instead of crafting them overtime with care and skill.
    Reminds me of this old gem:

Wtf was that video? Despite how crazy that it made more sense than the actual manga. Though it would be more accurate to show that despite all the crap that has come down, Bleach fans believe it's a deep story with complex themes and look at every possible angle and connection to try to find that level 5 secret.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information