+ Reply to Thread
Page 169 of 170 FirstFirst ... 69 119 159 167 168 169 170 LastLast
Results 3,361 to 3,380 of 3398

Thread: Bleach Discussion █: Soul Society, but not!

Default Re: Bleach Discussion █: Soul Society, but not!

Chad is a main character, I don’t know what power levels have to do with that in the slightest

It would be like saying the Straw Hats aren’t main characters because most of them haven’t been super useful post timeskip or haven’t gotten in fights, or saying well Zoro and Sanji are the monster trio and they don’t do as much or hold a candle to them in terms of strength or usefulness, they don’t in any way but that doesn’t some how take away the fact there main characters

I haven't read One Piece in ages but how often or frequently did Sanji, Zoro, Robin, Or Chopper get into fights against major opponents they either lost or needed to be saved from. Compared to Chad who honestly I don't remember if he ever beat a major character up to the point I fell out of reading Bleach. It also doesn't help that out of all of Ichigo's inner circle Chad suffered the worst from being a satellite character.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Discovered Stowaway El-Matematico's Avatar

Doesn't every Bleach arc start like this? Characters who disappeared since forever are brought back with refreshing interactions between the main cast; there is a bit of worldbuilding, some comedy, some cool stuff. Then suddenly there's an invasion of some faction and the manga devolves into sensless fights, mostly 1 on 1, mostly curbstomps, with never before seen powerups that don't quite fit what was established before and with heavy focus on the more popular captains.
    Wash your hands.

Quote Originally Posted by Green_vs_Red View Post
    Compared to Chad who honestly I don't remember if he ever beat a major character up to the point I fell out of reading Bleach. It also doesn't help that out of all of Ichigo's inner circle Chad suffered the worst from being a satellite character.
    He beat a Hollow with a telephone pole in his awakening, trained, beat some trivial Shinigami but got hard-stopped by Kyoraku. Then loses to Di Roy(iirc), trains *again*, wins against Gantenbainne in Hueco Mundo, gets hard-stopped by Nnoitra and then.....that is pretty much it. The dude *cannot* get a break.

Yamamoto from Reborn and Kuwabara from YYH got better treatment.
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting

It is hard to think of a character who gets embarrassed more in a series than Chad, he's basically the Yamcha of Bleach

Only really big fight I remember him winning was against Gantenbainne Mosqueda, and he immediately got ass kicked right after

But again I consider him a main character regardless of his fighting record

It's called the 'Worf Affect'. Chad's there just to show how strong bad guy x is. He may do a few cool things, but actually something meaningful? not a chance.
    Kubology: The blind and unthinking acceptance of whatever Kubo writes.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanegoh View Post
    It's called the 'Worf Affect'. Chad's there just to show how strong bad guy x is. He may do a few cool things, but actually something meaningful? not a chance.
    Never heard of that before but I can think of several characters from series that definitely fit the bill, Sanji from One Piece and Toujou Hidetora from Beelzebub always seemed to be used to build up the next villain or threat

Piccolo is probably the best example from anime.
    Complicating things since 2009.

I donīt even remember what Bleach was about beyond souls and soul reapers.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanegoh View Post
    Really if you need to establish how strong someone is in Bleach just fuck up Byakuya, Kenpachi, Grimmjow, or Urahara.

Beating up on Chad is like beating up Krillin.

Yeah, Chad was just never that guy. I'm not gonna be surprised if an end of the story arc doesn't have Koby or Smoker winning some fight.

Cant wait to see that Ichigo somehow related to Hell Bound, LMAO

Quote Originally Posted by Kucing Hitam View Post
    Cant wait to see that Ichigo somehow related to Hell Bound, LMAO
    You already know he's going to be the Prince of Hell or something, and fans are going to be like "Kubo's so poetic. He planted seeds for this back in chapter 68 when he said blah blah blah."
    Check out my podcast for conversations about Greatness in anime, sports, music, and whatever else we can think of.
    mtgoatmore.buzzsprout.com

Now I have to reread Can't Fear Your Own World

Update

I did some reading and in chapter 12, Rukia details why the Hollow has to go to Hell. Rukia's explanation might conflict with Shunsui's tale.
    Spoiler:

The gates are similar, but the one sending the Hollow in differs.
    Spoiler:

My guess tis that as Szayelaporro says, it really is Ukitake. That is his shikai form anyway. He has replaced the door man of hell. If this does return, finally get to see Ukitake's Bankai.
    Spoiler:

Still don't know exactly what this is.
    Spoiler:
    Last edited by Cockycent; August 9th, 2021 at 03:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cockycent View Post
    Now I have to reread Can't Fear Your Own World

Update

I did some reading and in chapter 12, Rukia details why the Hollow has to go to Hell. Rukia's explanation might conflict with Shunsui's tale.

The gates are similar, but the one sending the Hollow in differs.

My guess tis that as Szayelaporro says, it really is Ukitake. That is his shikai form anyway. He has replaced the door man of hell. If this does return, finally get to see Ukitake's Bankai.

Still don't know exactly what this is.
    Is it really a surprise that Kubo would've retconned something he said in the past? I mean, the method Ichigo got his zanpakuto back during the fullbring arc directly conflicts with the asauchi and how shinigami acquire their own zanpakuto.

Also, regarding the weird frog hollow things seen with the shrieker hollow? My best guess is that they're something like Starrk's cero wolves. It's bizarre, sure, but less offensive lore-wise in Bleach.
    Kubology: The blind and unthinking acceptance of whatever Kubo writes.

Despite everything, I was pretty happy to see a new Bleach chapter. Really nostalgic.

It was always odd to me that Bleach never had an arc exploring Hell. I wonder if this was always an idea Kubo had or what. I'm curious to see where it goes but I know it's still Bleach at the end of the day.

Once again Mayuri is the best part of a chapter.

But is this really a one-shot? Pretty sure one-shots don't end like that.

That was fun simply because I miss the characters and it's been long.
    I'll never get over how stylish Kubo can be in his artwork.

Everything just boils down to Aizen was right, he's the good guy all along and soul society is very, very incompetent and downright evil considering every conflict stem from their incompetency

Desire's Bland Moon puffing.cinema's Avatar

I'm just in for a mindless ride and it was a fun chapter

Kubo is great at making simple abilities seem quite stylish, the mute's shikai seems quite cool. But I still don't know if the oni-looking vice-commander that made the enemy melt is using tech, his shikai or some poetry-based-jutsu lol

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information