+ Reply to Thread
Page 168 of 170 FirstFirst ... 68 118 158 166 167 168 169 170 LastLast
Results 3,341 to 3,360 of 3398

Thread: Bleach Discussion █: Soul Society, but not!

Default Re: Bleach Discussion █: Soul Society, but not!

The 2 biggest problems of Bleach in my humble opnion.

1-Some chapters felt too short because they felt more like anime storyboards than a manga chapter.
    2-The Gotei 13 just sidelined every other character that wasn't non-human. Was there any point to Chad to still be around?

Well, Chad is not around in this chapter, so I guess moot point?

Everybody stop picking on Chad he’s the best character in the series (or one of the best)

Well Chad is Bleach in a nutshell: an interesting idea of a character that is never fully realized because Kubo had no idea what to do with him. It is made even worse that it was teased that he would become relevant again during the Fullbringer arc but that turned out to be a mess so he was shelved once again.

Quote Originally Posted by PatTraverse View Post
    Well Chad is Bleach in a nutshell: an interesting idea of a character that is never fully realized because Kubo had no idea what to do with him. It is made even worse that it was teased that he would become relevant again during the Fullbringer arc but that turned out to be a mess so he was shelved once again.
    Bleach is a story based on death, vulnerability, limitations, harsh realities of the world. Certain characters being stuck at certain level of strength is just appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    Was there any point to Chad to still be around?
    Was there any reason for Uryuu to be around considering he never avenged his grandfather and his rivalry with Ichigo was just casually dropped?
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Chad and Orihime were always outmatched in personality by the captains. I don't get this expectation for them to demand more attention when they consistently were shown to be lesser than the Captains and Ichigo clearly being the exceptional "human". Ichigo even became the exceptional soul reaper. exceptional everything.

This is like expecting Koby to get as much focus as Zoro. Yeah, he started with Luffy and the writer strings him along for a purpose, but Koby is mostly used to show another dimension of the Marines. If Oda wants Chad/Koby to be on par with Chopper, Sanji, Zoro, then he would make him a Rear Admiral or have him pop in a few more arcs like Smoker. Even Smoker proves to be useless and he's a VC.

Chad stuck around until the fullbring arc, where we learned about origin and limits of this power. All fullbringers except for the broken Tsukushima, even with power boost, were easily clapped in cheeks by soul society forces. That's before power scaling went further up exponentially with the Quincy arc. Though I think there is still way for him to return and do any role in story. If he dies and becomes soul reaper. Other than just being one of Ichigo's friends on sidelines. There is just a limit to the power, unless individual's ability itself is broken and hax.

Quote Originally Posted by Cockycent View Post
    Chad and Orihime were always outmatched in personality by the captains. I don't get this expectation for them to demand more attention when they consistently were shown to be lesser than the Captains and Ichigo clearly being the exceptional "human". Ichigo even became the exceptional soul reaper. exceptional everything.

This is like expecting Koby to get as much focus as Zoro. Yeah, he started with Luffy and the writer strings him along for a purpose, but Koby is mostly used to show another dimension of the Marines. If Oda wants Chad/Koby to be on par with Chopper, Sanji, Zoro, then he would make him a Rear Admiral or have him pop in a few more arcs like Smoker. Even Smoker proves to be useless and he's a VC.
    Quote Originally Posted by pRopaaNS View Post
    Bleach is a story based on death, vulnerability, limitations, harsh realities of the world. Certain characters being stuck at certain level of strength is just appropriate.
    The story was consistently giving Ichigo all manners of underserved power-ups through highly contrived reasons and retcons, so this is rich.

This just goes to show that Kubo could've easily made up reasons to have Ichigo's friends stand with the Soul Society cast. He did this with Orihime, whose healing powers were actually the power to reject reality, which is insanely broken and useful, yet it barely matters besides healing.

Is this sarcasm? You really think that Chad and Koby had comparable roles in the narrative? One stuck around for one story arc and made his intentions clear about following a different path than the main character while the other was a core member and close friend to the protagonist. There are so many examples to use and you somehow picked the worse one.

Is this sarcasm? You really think that Chad and Koby had comparable roles in the narrative? One stuck around for one story arc and made his intentions clear about following a different path than the main character while the other was a core member and close friend to the protagonist. There are so many examples to use and you somehow picked the worse one.
    If Chad is such a core member, why is he taking the backseat to the 4-6 Captains in most of the crucial parts of the story. Koby is to Zoro what Chad is to a Renji, Kenpachi or Byakuya.

If Chad is such a core member, why is he taking the backseat to the 4-6 Captains in most of the crucial parts of the story. Koby is to Zoro what Chad is to a Renji, Kenpachi or Byakuya.
    Koby was never a strawhat while Chad was there during big arcs like Soul Society and Hueco Mundo... Kubo bringing him along while not doing anything with him is only something he as the author could answer so no idea what the point of your comment was.
    Last edited by PatTraverse; August 8th, 2021 at 09:02 AM.

Koby was never a strawhat while Chad was there during big arcs like Soul Society and Hueco Mundo... Kubo bringing him along while not doing anything with him is only something he as the author can answer so no idea what the point of your question was.
    Koby is a friend of Luffy that is constantly made a background character compared to the Zoros of the story. Just like how Chad becomes irrelevant one the Captains are the focus. Even Smoker has to let Law take the wheel in the end.

If the final arc wasn't Quincy based, Uryu would end up just like Chad. He took a backseat to Mayuri when Szayelaporro was whooping him. If Chad was shown to take down Captains in the beginning, i'd get where you're coming from. He just can't hang and never has. To get some ridiculous boost in the final arc sounds like nonsense.

Koby is a friend of Luffy that is constantly made a background character compared to the Zoros of the story. Just like how Chad becomes irrelevant one the Captains are the focus. Even Smoker has to let Law take the wheel in the end.

If the final arc wasn't Quincy based, Uryu would end up just like Chad. He took a backseat to Mayuri when Szayelaporro was whooping him. If Chad was shown to take down Captains in the beginning, i'd get where you're coming from. He just can't hang and never has. To get some ridiculous boost in the final arc sounds like nonsense.
    I will believe that you are trolling and leave it at that.

Once the Captains are involved, Chad is Koby. Spectator in awe or knocked out. Very simple. Soul Society arc made that it clear how outmatched he was compared to the Captains.

If you can name 3 arcs with Byakuya, Kenpachi and Renji, where Chad was given more importance than them, then you're correct.

The Captains overshadowed Chad and Orihime simply because Kubo figures “we just can’t have these skilled powerful characters sitting on the sidelines” eventhough a segment of the Bleach fan base hated how the Captains got shoehorned into the arcs that followed Soul Society.

Even the Vice Captains got overshadowed by the Captains to the point of uselessness.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post
    The story was consistently giving Ichigo all manners of underserved power-ups through highly contrived reasons and retcons, so this is rich.

This just goes to show that Kubo could've easily made up reasons to have Ichigo's friends stand with the Soul Society cast. He did this with Orihime, whose healing powers were actually the power to reject reality, which is insanely broken and useful, yet it barely matters besides healing.
    Nice mindreading, what evidence is there to assume that? Isn't that the simpler explanation that Kubo had it planned out since beginning? Just like revelations in this recent chapter about hell.

Quote Originally Posted by pRopaaNS View Post
    Nice mindreading, what evidence is there to assume that? Isn't that the simpler explanation that Kubo had it planned out since beginning? Just like revelations in this recent chapter about hell.
    I dunno. I do remember Kubo stating that a lot of the stuff he inserted in his story was not planned at all. Something like "there's a framework, but I'm not sure about the details". Essentially, he has ideas, but doesn't know where to go with them.

This is best seen with Chad, who had multiple origins given to his powers from different people (Urahara: "It's Ichigo's influence", Aizen: "It was the Hogyoku", Ginjo: "Fullbring lol"). It's difficult to not see this as a retcon.

Compare with Oda and Horikoshi, who have both gone on record that they already know how to end their series.

Orihime at least was there when Ichigo fought the final boss, Chad was fighting golems or whatever with Ganju.

bruh

Now with new information about Hell, how its affect Bleachverse in term of soul balance stuffs?

I remember back in the days discussing it very detail. At that time and till this day I fail to understand what is the issue but I trust apforumers judgements and analysis more than Tite Kubo.
    So now I wonder if this new information change anything regarding the soul balance stuff.

Surprisingly fun chapter btw. Hope Kubo can maintain it.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information