+ Reply to Thread
Page 167 of 170 FirstFirst ... 67 117 157 165 166 167 168 169 ... LastLast
Results 3,321 to 3,340 of 3398

Thread: Bleach Discussion █: Soul Society, but not!

Desire's Bland Moon puffing.cinema's Avatar

Default Re: Bleach Discussion █: Soul Society, but not!

Well an Italian Dante's Inferno wouldn't surprise anyone and the concept was already used a LOT (but I LOVE it, so I'd eagearly consume it nham nham)

So is this a new series? I thought i was going to be a oneshot and now i am confused.

I heard Kubo might be bringing back Bleach, also heard he’s going to be doing a Hell arc, which in my opinion is what he should have done in the first place after Ichigo got his powers back

Honestly if Kubo learned from his mistakes and starts working hard and plans out things, fact checks and you know actually puts in work and doesn’t just wing it and hope everything works out okay it could actually be good, I mean the beginning of Bleach and Soul Society are two of my favorite shonen arcs of all time

Quote Originally Posted by PatTraverse View Post
    Mussolini Italian hell would be quite hilarious i have to admit.
    As an Italian by myself, I'd laugh to it too. Can't wait for some "Inferno Fiammante" with a lot of furigana over it.

Quote Originally Posted by PatTraverse View Post
    I also laugh at the people using the "you just don't understand!" defence to explain things away. I expect sales numbers to be used next to "prove" the series quality.

Kubo is a big user of the J. J. Abrams mystery box philosophy. He throws stuff on the wall and sees what sticks without any idea of what will happen next. The Aizen soul society twist was born exactly like that. The rushed ending with the Quincies screams not knowing how to end it which is why it went on forever and still failed to reach a satisfying conclusion. Of course, people defending Kubo will say that Shueisha did him dirty by cancelling the series but they actually respected him enough to give him years to close the knot and he just squandered it.
    The bad side of this point of view is not seeing it's exactly Kubo's non-sense what made this series enjoyable ride. I mean, I am at the point I am sure I'd not liked it that much if it was more serious or else. Every chapter ending with the "I have the upper hand with this unbelievable still predictable and no-sense power up which also gives me three inches over you" is exactly what made me endure all those years. Laughing over it, but still endured.
    Quote Originally Posted by rayleigh92 View Post
    Carrot sneaked on the Sunny when they left Zou, not asking or requesting anyone. IF Carrot is going to join, I expect something like that, with the crew ready to leave Wano, all of them beginning to party for new nakama Yamato and then "wha-t?! Carrot is near Luffy

That.....was kinda cool, actually. It was nice to see everyone in action, Ichika and Kazui exist beyond "kids of the main characters", and Mayuri once again steals the show with his design. I swear he's consistently the most entertaining thing about Bleach.

I believe we even saw Akon's release? also just for the heck of it, i think we have all the new gotei 13 filled out

1st: kyoraku/nanao
    2nd: soifon/omaeda
    3rd: rose/kira
    4th: isane/kiyone(?)
    5th: shinji/hinamori
    6th: byakuya/renji
    7th: iba/quiet dude
    8th: lisa/gyaru girl
    9th: kensei/[mashiro + hisagi]
    10th: hitsugaya/matsumoto
    11th: kenpachi/ikkaku (?)
    12th: mayuri/2nd nemu
    13th: rukia/....i want to say sentaro

it's been while since i read the last chapter so this might not be accurate but i THINK it's the current gotei.

Quote Originally Posted by gyuukarubi View Post
    The Bleach hate in here is unreal! It was a great series if you reread the entire thing
    Many of us like(d) Bleach, it's just the later arcs caused disappointment which spawned critique. I will admit to being pretty ranty and unreasonable in the past but nowadays I'm a bit more relaxed with the series. I still don't *like* the final arc, but I can point to a lot of things in the overall sense that I liked.

and ignore the anime’s pacing/characterization.
    Care to elaborate? What varies beyond the filler arcs slowing things down? (genuine question)

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Every chapter ending with the "I have the upper hand with this unbelievable still predictable and no-sense power up which also gives me three inches over you" is exactly what made me endure all those years. Laughing over it, but still endured.
    there actually was this mass panel edit of everyone appearing behind each other (urahara, ichigo, grimmjow, etc.) and it was really funny. Wish I saved it.

Quote Originally Posted by MetaMario View Post
    That.....was kinda cool, actually. It was nice to see everyone in action, Ichika and Kazui exist beyond "kids of the main characters", and Mayuri once again steals the show with his design. I swear he's consistently the most entertaining thing about Bleach.

I believe we even saw Akon's release? also just for the heck of it, i think we have all the new gotei 13 filled out

1st: kyoraku/nanao
    2nd: soifon/omaeda
    3rd: rose/kira
    4th: isane/kiyone(?)
    5th: shinji/hinamori
    6th: byakuya/renji
    7th: iba/quiet dude
    8th: lisa/gyaru girl
    9th: kensei/[mashiro + hisagi]
    10th: hitsugaya/matsumoto
    11th: kenpachi/ikkaku (?)
    12th: mayuri/2nd nemu
    13th: rukia/....i want to say sentaro

it's been while since i read the last chapter so this might not be accurate but i THINK it's the current gotei.
    Akon is Mayuri's lieutenant now.

Quote Originally Posted by Cockycent View Post
    Akon is Mayuri's lieutenant now.
    oooh, gotcha.

Mayuri once again steals the show with his design. I swear he's consistently the most entertaining thing about Bleach.
    Mayuri's always entertaining. He was the highlight of the quincy arc. Both him and Kenpachi were far more entertaining to watch then anything else during that time.
    Kubology: The blind and unthinking acceptance of whatever Kubo writes.

Wait, is it out already?

Quote Originally Posted by Shiebs View Post
    Wait, is it out already?
    officially no, but there's scans.
    https://onepiecechapters.com/manga/b...-one-shot-new/

That was quite enjoyable. Despite the decline in quality, you could always still see some of the qualities shine through with the characters interactions. Unique designs with the personalities of the characters always made for a good time. I remember the final chapter liking it because we got to see just that with the banter between characters. All the lore we got about the captains after they die and everything else reminded me that Kubo always had interesting ideas. The start of every arc had an interesting hook that could have gone in really interesting directions making you think about certain things. Unfortunately, his execution in those ideas never bloomed into something great, or at worse he just dropped them. To this day I see so many people claim that Kubo was a poet, that it was less the story and more the symbolism and philosophy. If he was doing actual poetry or drawings to show ideas I could let that pass and even appreciate some of what he was going for. But for what is supposed to be a continuous story that builds up and pays off from what came before, Kubo could never properly do that once the Soul Society arc ended, and it only continued to show as the series went on.

I do want to reread the series again in the near future, since I have grown to look at media in a much different way, and not having to read weekly will result less in me just laughing at the randomness of each chapter. Doubt my mind will really change on the series as a whole, but unlike some series such as Fairy Tail and Toriko where when it was bad there wasn't much to say, Bleach always had something about it's terrible quality that was endearing.

I actually missed Mayuri. One of the few characters who's actually fun to follow.

Surprised at the general lack of Byakuya and Kenpachi. Kubo always loved shoving those two around.

I remember to be used thinking Bleach's manga is an exceptional anime subject. Fillers aside adaptation really did miracles handling the pace, even adapting five or six chapters each episode.

I kinda remember some rumours about how Burn the Witch was intended to be a manga/anime pilot eventually going to be developed only-anime. What if this one-shot is actually the same? We know Quincy war is going to be adapted, then maybe if it'll have good reception, we'll straightly get Bleach Shippuden with Kubo only providing ideas and overall storyline. Having someone saying him "yeah that's really good, but it can be better this way" would actually build an exceptional product.
    Carrot sneaked on the Sunny when they left Zou, not asking or requesting anyone. IF Carrot is going to join, I expect something like that, with the crew ready to leave Wano, all of them beginning to party for new nakama Yamato and then "wha-t?! Carrot is near Luffy

I remember to be used thinking Bleach's manga is an exceptional anime subject. Fillers aside adaptation really did miracles handling the pace, even adapting five or six chapters each episode.

I kinda remember some rumours about how Burn the Witch was intended to be a manga/anime pilot eventually going to be developed only-anime. What if this one-shot is actually the same? We know Quincy war is going to be adapted, then maybe if it'll have good reception, we'll straightly get Bleach Shippuden with Kubo only providing ideas and overall storyline. Having someone saying him "yeah that's really good, but it can be better this way" would actually build an exceptional product.
    I know a number of us, myself included, have said multiple times that Kubo should just handle the art of a series and possibly act as an idea guy. Then have an actual competent write filter and refine a story from those ideas. Bleach could've been this tremendously amazing story, but Kubo constantly gets caught up in his own pretension and forgets that a story needs, well, a story. And not just a series of loosely connected scenes that look cool.

Thinking more about this chapter and how it relates to Bleach I know up to this point, I remembered Yamamoto's ability to summon dead that he have killed. Some conceptual ties with this chapter. But also the skeletons he summons is what the espada's burning arm looks like. I wonder if it's a scar left by him.

Gonna guess which language will be usen in the new arc. After Japanese Soul Society, Spanish Hueco Mundo, German Quincy and English spin-off, what? Italian hell?
    Latin would fit best in my opinion.

Oh thanks! Oh man for some reason I just really want to see Chad again, I don’t know why but I love that character, always have, but unfortunately he’s almost always been the Yamcha of the series, every time it looks like he’s improving he gets one shotted and taken out, the worst was when he swore he’d never be a liability to Ichigo again only to get mind controlled by the bookmark guy two seconds later

Chad and his on going relationship with the floor.

I liked most of the chapter.

I just don't like the Gyaru. Looks like blackface no matter how many times someone breaks it down.

https://edomonogatari.wordpress.com/...ubo-horikoshi/

I loved that even Kubo is aware of the background thing.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information