+ Reply to Thread
Page 165 of 170 FirstFirst ... 65 115 155 163 164 165 166 167 ... LastLast
Results 3,281 to 3,300 of 3398

Thread: Bleach Discussion █: Soul Society, but not!

Default Re: Bleach Discussion █: Soul Society, but not!

73 pages.....crazy.

I've been involved with Bleach for such a long time....most of it spent being disappointed on it, making bigass blog posts dissecting it. writing fanfiction, and ever since it ended I was just quietly watching it from afar, reflecting on what was.

Quote Originally Posted by Xanegoh View Post
    Them having "fraccions", as it were, probably wouldn't have fixed them.
    It was already bloated enough to have 26+x of them floating around. Now you want to throw in minions? Lol, nah. I stand by the fact that there was just too many of them.....and now I'm remembering the headaches from Royd/Lloyd and Brain Boy.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

colorspread.
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by MetaMario View Post
    It was already bloated enough to have 26+x of them floating around. Now you want to throw in minions? Lol, nah. I stand by the fact that there was just too many of them.....and now I'm remembering the headaches from Royd/Lloyd and Brain Boy.
    Which is why i said it wouldn't have helped. Kubo could've had the sternritter divided by a ranking system. Have them grouped up in fives, with their importance going down with the alphabet. A-E, F-J, K-O, P-T, U-Z. Perhaps give the different groups unique functions? One is for reconnaissance, another is R&D, so on and so forth. This way the reader understands they're above the normal wandenreich quincy, but not equal to each other. Also, not make them unrepentant assholes who kill their own for no fucking reason. Any little thing. But Kubo could barely do the bare minimum.
    Kubology: The blind and unthinking acceptance of whatever Kubo writes.

So apparently:

Spoiler:
    Gotei 13 Captains, Vice-Captains and Third Seats don't get reincarnated, but rather go to hell when they die because their souls are too strong to remain around or be sent to the Human world. This also applies to Hollows or anyone powerful enough.

So yeah, it seems Yamamoto, Unohana, Komamura etc. have all gone to eternal damnation. And that's the eventual fate of Rukia, Renji and Co.

How pleasant.

If this is true, leave it to Kubo to come up with just the stupidest thing possible. Wouldn't this fuck with the "soul balance" since eventually more powerful souls would end up there instead of being born on earth? Or is Hell somehow excluded from that?
    Kubology: The blind and unthinking acceptance of whatever Kubo writes.

Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post
    So apparently:

Spoiler:
    Gotei 13 Captains, Vice-Captains and Third Seats don't get reincarnated, but rather go to hell when they die because their souls are too strong to remain around or be sent to the Human world. This also applies to Hollows or anyone powerful enough.

So yeah, it seems Yamamoto, Unohana, Komamura etc. have all gone to eternal damnation. And that's the eventual fate of Rukia, Renji and Co.

How pleasant.
    which is weird because I though
    Spoiler:
    Soul Society already was a kind of hell.

I don't remember it really well: is Bleach's canon hell the same of the movie?
    Quote Originally Posted by rayleigh92 View Post
    Carrot sneaked on the Sunny when they left Zou, not asking or requesting anyone. IF Carrot is going to join, I expect something like that, with the crew ready to leave Wano, all of them beginning to party for new nakama Yamato and then "wha-t?! Carrot is near Luffy

Quote Originally Posted by Xanegoh View Post
    If this is true, leave it to Kubo to come up with just the stupidest thing possible. Wouldn't this fuck with the "soul balance" since eventually more powerful souls would end up there instead of being born on earth? Or is Hell somehow excluded from that?
    I believe that's actually a plot point.

Quote Originally Posted by King Cannon View Post
    So apparently:

Spoiler:

How pleasant.
    Spoiler:

Jesus christ, here I was thinking being uber strong was the only way to not have a shitty soul society life. It sucks no matter what you do.

Spoiler:
    Can't wait for the "Aizen's purpose was to free people by end in the hell all along" revelation.

Also, hoping for some Bankai.
    Quote Originally Posted by rayleigh92 View Post
    Carrot sneaked on the Sunny when they left Zou, not asking or requesting anyone. IF Carrot is going to join, I expect something like that, with the crew ready to leave Wano, all of them beginning to party for new nakama Yamato and then "wha-t?! Carrot is near Luffy

"I wait for you, Luffy!" blackness662's Avatar

I started to read this series back in high school and I followed it till the end.
    I hated the last arc with the Quincies and the route which Kubo chose.
    But somehow this new chapter felt flesh and enjoyable.
    Strange times...

Quote Originally Posted by pariston_hill View Post
    which is weird because I though
    Spoiler:
    Soul Society already was a kind of hell.
    Spoiler:
    Samsara may have covertly existed in the Bleach world this whole time. Also, fucking incredible chapter. Bleach is BACK!

Let's point and laugh at Kubo's new abomination.
    https://onepiecechapters.com/manga/b...-one-shot-new/

The Bleach hate in here is unreal! It was a great series if you reread the entire thing and ignore the animeís pacing/characterization. Pay attention to the poetry. Kuboís framing. The subtletiesÖ

tbh, I feel like much of the hate is coming from people who arenít actually seeking to understand what itís all about (death, obviously)

Fascinating chapter, really interesting stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by gyuukarubi View Post
    The Bleach hate in here is unreal! It was a great series if you reread the entire thing and ignore the anime’s pacing/characterization. Pay attention to the poetry. Kubo’s framing. The subtleties…

tbh, I feel like much of the hate is coming from people who aren’t actually seeking to understand what it’s all about (death, obviously)
    Ripping Bleach (and Naruto) to shreds is a local hobby of this forum, it's probably one of the worst places for a genuine Bleach fan.
    Wano Predictions
    Spoiler:

A pretty great chapter. Kubo had said that Senna was based on a theoretical daughter of Rukia and Renji and Ichika really does act like her. Kazui continues to be a nice, if kinda creepy kid. I'm glad we got to see what Akon could do after all this time. Urahara singlehandedly modernizing the Seireitei against Mayuri's wishes is pretty funny too.

Kubo was always interested in doing hell related stuff in the manga but he never got the chance to do it. I'm looking forward to see what he does now.

The Bleach hate in here is unreal! It was a great series if you reread the entire thing and ignore the anime’s pacing/characterization. Pay attention to the poetry. Kubo’s framing. The subtleties…

tbh, I feel like much of the hate is coming from people who aren’t actually seeking to understand what it’s all about (death, obviously)
    I get the feeling that a lot of the hate stems from the days when folks were seriously arguing over which was the best shounen manga, One Piece, Naruto or Bleach.

Discovered Stowaway Lord Gaimon's Avatar

he returns...

Sour Truth Opinion Time: Bleach and Naruto hate kept this place alive and lively. As soon as they ended the forums were never the same.

The Bleach hate in here is unreal! It was a great series if you reread the entire thing and ignore the animeís pacing/characterization. Pay attention to the poetry. Kuboís framing. The subtletiesÖ

tbh, I feel like much of the hate is coming from people who arenít actually seeking to understand what itís all about (death, obviously)
    Most of the haters here (including me) were reading it weekly and not watching the anime.
    Check out my podcast for conversations about Greatness in anime, sports, music, and whatever else we can think of.
    mtgoatmore.buzzsprout.com

Quote Originally Posted by MetaMario View Post
    Spoiler:

Jesus christ, here I was thinking being uber strong was the only way to not have a shitty soul society life. It sucks no matter what you do.
    Life and afterlife’s a bitch and then you die.

The Bleach hate in here is unreal! It was a great series if you reread the entire thing and ignore the anime’s pacing/characterization.
    What does the anime’s pacing and characterization have to do with Kubo’s inconsistent writing and drawing ability?

This is an even weirder take when you remember that there were people who exclusively read the manga along with the fact the anime was cancelled long before the manga ended.

You can accept the fact that both versions of the series have shared and different issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Krupp View Post
    Sour Truth Opinion Time: Bleach and Naruto hate kept this place alive and lively. As soon as they ended the forums were never the same.
    I’ve been on this forum since 2005 and the atmosphere around here is way better now than it used to be. You can thank people mellowing out and some of the riff-raff moving on.
    Last edited by Green_vs_Red; August 6th, 2021 at 03:58 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information