+ Reply to Thread
Page 159 of 161 FirstFirst ... 59 109 149 157 158 159 160 161 LastLast
Results 3,161 to 3,180 of 3203

Thread: Bleach Discussion █: Soul Society, but not!

  1. #3161
    Saemon Havarian Razh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Croatia

    Default Re: Bleach Discussion █: Soul Society, but not!

    Yes, there's a reason I don't ever expect to see that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

    It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

  2. #3162

    Default Re: Bleach Discussion █: Soul Society, but not!

    Well that and either a potential public falling out with each other or god forbid one passes away while the work is in syndication.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ubiq View Post
    I've often wondered about that myself; seems like being supported by people who only want you there so the world can end in fire (with you going to Hell in the process) would be somewhat off-putting
    3DS Friend Code 0044-2806-5284




  3. #3163
    Discovered Stowaway El-Matematico's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Ecuador

    Default Re: Bleach Discussion █: Soul Society, but not!

    Mashima himself said Fairy Tail was too long, he didn't plan ahead at all and kept going because his editors told him. He didn't understand the appeal of the series. By contrast, Edens Zero is way betters, as he does have a plan figured out this time.
    Wash your hands.

  4. #3164
    Saemon Havarian Razh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Croatia

    Default Re: Bleach Discussion █: Soul Society, but not!

    It is? I read until the fight with Erza and then just dropped it. Didn't feel like reading one chapter a week.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

    It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

  5. #3165

    Default Re: Bleach Discussion █: Soul Society, but not!

    I don't know. I really liked "Anime will save the Universe" guy. Though I don't felt like reading after Not Gajeel appeared later on.

  6. #3166

    Default Re: Bleach Discussion █: Soul Society, but not!

    Quote Originally Posted by PatTraverse View Post
    Ego would never allow them to collaborate with someone else for sure. Mashima especially has no reason to since all his series have been long and successful. Why split the profits making high quality when you can get 100% of it making trash?
    So they make trash and aren't competent authors, yet you seemed to have read them and if you seriously read all of Bleach thinking it was complete trash than that says a lot more about you than Kubo. According to you Kubo and Mashima got rich because millions of people (including you) bought and read their garbage, so I'd say they're geniuses in that regard. Just because you decided you don't like something doesn't mean it is garbage.
    Avatar Artist: Aapo Niemi

  7. #3167
    Discovered Stowaway The D.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Wisconsin

    Default Re: Bleach Discussion █: Soul Society, but not!

    Not the right thread, but while the topic is up I actually liked Gajeel. He had an interesting personality/romance, and an actual damn character arc. His powers were also cooler than shonen manga protagonist #whoevencaresatthispoint.
    Last edited by The D.; May 23rd, 2020 at 07:28 PM.
    Gonna give ya the D.!

  8. #3168

    Default Re: Bleach Discussion █: Soul Society, but not!

    Them being incompetent and them making money aren't even remotely connected.

  9. #3169

    Default Re: Bleach Discussion █: Soul Society, but not!

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeorn View Post
    So they make trash and aren't competent authors, yet you seemed to have read them and if you seriously read all of Bleach thinking it was complete trash than that says a lot more about you than Kubo. According to you Kubo and Mashima got rich because millions of people (including you) bought and read their garbage, so I'd say they're geniuses in that regard. Just because you decided you don't like something doesn't mean it is garbage.

    Your points are so lame that i will not spend the energy necessary to bring them down.

  10. #3170

    Default Re: Bleach Discussion █: Soul Society, but not!

    Quote Originally Posted by Zeorn View Post
    So they make trash and aren't competent authors, yet you seemed to have read them and if you seriously read all of Bleach thinking it was complete trash than that says a lot more about you than Kubo. According to you Kubo and Mashima got rich because millions of people (including you) bought and read their garbage, so I'd say they're geniuses in that regard. Just because you decided you don't like something doesn't mean it is garbage.
    It's called being a hack, there's a definition for it and they aren't the lone examples of it.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Quote Originally Posted by The D. View Post
    Not the right thread, but while the topic is up I actually liked Gajeel. He had an interesting personality/romance, and an actual damn character arc. His powers were also cooler than shonen manga protagonist #whoevencaresatthispoint.
    Second that. Gajevy is the only good thing that I took out of FT.




  11. #3171

    Default Re: Bleach Discussion █: Soul Society, but not!

    Always see people talking about getting back into the work with Eden's Zero, meanwhile I've just been enjoying the 100 Years Quest Spin-off. Whole thing so far has felt back into proper form. Granted, I've never had problems with fairy tail besides Erza's fights (usually) being terrible and the...extremely poor "final arc."

    I've been finding myself getting more interested to watch bleach return, just to see the quincys in action... but if I do I'll definitely have to remember to skip the Yachiru reveal. Nothing managed to piss me off more than that and I don't want to go through it again.

    Looking at my bleach dvd collection and seeing it end with the Bount Arc always reminds me a little of the disappointments... I should at least buy up to the Hueco Mundo invasion start sometime. I at least enjoyed that initial arrancar invasion, so I'm probably still a Bleach fan until that point.

  12. #3172
    Discovered Stowaway El-Matematico's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    Ecuador

    Default Re: Bleach Discussion █: Soul Society, but not!

    Well, Mashima still likes asspulls and time travel stuff, but at least now foreshadows things with enough time. He also toned down the nakama power and makes fun of it. And he doesn't blame the readers for not liking scifi unlike some other author...
    Wash your hands.

  13. #3173

    Default Re: Bleach Discussion █: Soul Society, but not!

    I randomly read this chapter of Eden Zero where the MC just
    Spoiler:
    despair and gets killed of

    And that was so unlike Mashima and it makes me feel like giving his series a second chance.
    Hopefully Eden Zero progress into something worthy.

    On the other hand, Fairy Tail knew exactly who their readers are and what appeals to them. The fanservice, generic shounen one liners and friendship clichés knew exactly what they were doing.
    If anything, Mashima and his group of editors and marketing team deserve respect for that ability.
    So in a sense, it is a form of competency.
    Bleach sales plummeted during full bringer to Quincy arc so I have no idea where the comparison is coming from.
    Espada arc was pretty enjoyable in its early to mid points and if I recall correctly, the critics over here even enjoyed it.
    The bashing only came once we are out of Hueco Muncho.

    People should seriously stop trying to criticize something because it is popular.
    Good storytelling is important but with today's landscape, if you want something to sell you need to be good at marketing and know your audience.
    That's why editors and marketing depts exist.
    It makes me sad that there's this manga Marry Grave was it? That was axed because of this reason.

    Sure, a lot of hard work and effort is put into building a good story.
    But understanding and delivering what your audience wants is a talent on its a own.
    Rather than being on the same face of the coin, FT and Bleach were the exact opposite, of two faces on the same coin.
    Kubo doesn't really care about what his audience wants and experiment with his overly pretentious (and in his own eyes probably innovative) writing whereas Mashima just pulls the same formula and fanservice because he knows that sells.
    Last edited by zeltrax225; May 25th, 2020 at 04:27 AM.

  14. #3174

    Default Re: Bleach Discussion █: Soul Society, but not!

    Quote Originally Posted by zeltrax225 View Post
    People should seriously stop trying to criticize something because it is popular.
    Pretty ironic statement since we are on a forum built around one of the most popular series of all time.

    People have a right to criticize whatever they want as long as it is done in a respectful manner. If you do not like it, you are free to not participate or just simply go elsewhere where they will worship any series of your choosing.

  15. #3175

    Default Re: Bleach Discussion █: Soul Society, but not!

    Pandering and copying/pasting popular elements into your work is now considered a talent. Well shit, Stephenie Meyer and E.L.James must be really talented writers because they sell copies and *know* exactly which group of teen girls they are appealing to.

    Oh, the shit people come up with in order to justify reading garbage.

  16. #3176

    Default Re: Bleach Discussion █: Soul Society, but not!

    Yes, identifying and reuSing elements that resonate with the majority of the audience is a talent, and making use of it to become successful is a valid pursuit, as most actually talented writers will tell you.
    3DS FC: 0516-7666-3837
    SW-4128-8032-0729

  17. #3177

    Default Re: Bleach Discussion █: Soul Society, but not!

    actually talented writers
    For example? ........

  18. #3178
    Saemon Havarian Razh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Croatia

    Default Re: Bleach Discussion █: Soul Society, but not!

    I like how you guys just chose to misread what zeltrax actually wrote. It's pretty clear what was meant with it, and not sure what is there to disagree on.

    Quote Originally Posted by PatTraverse View Post
    Pretty ironic statement since we are on a forum built around one of the most popular series of all time.

    People have a right to criticize whatever they want as long as it is done in a respectful manner. If you do not like it, you are free to not participate or just simply go elsewhere where they will worship any series of your choosing.
    Don't be that person, lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

    It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

  19. #3179

    Default Re: Bleach Discussion █: Soul Society, but not!

    Quote Originally Posted by zeltrax225 View Post
    I randomly read this chapter of Eden Zero where the MC just
    Spoiler:
    despair and gets killed of

    And that was so unlike Mashima and it makes me feel like giving his series a second chance.
    Hopefully Eden Zero progress into something worthy.

    On the other hand, Fairy Tail knew exactly who their readers are and what appeals to them. The fanservice, generic shounen one liners and friendship clichés knew exactly what they were doing.
    If anything, Mashima and his group of editors and marketing team deserve respect for that ability.
    So in a sense, it is a form of competency.
    Bleach sales plummeted during full bringer to Quincy arc so I have no idea where the comparison is coming from.
    Espada arc was pretty enjoyable in its early to mid points and if I recall correctly, the critics over here even enjoyed it.
    The bashing only came once we are out of Hueco Muncho.

    People should seriously stop trying to criticize something because it is popular.
    Good storytelling is important but with today's landscape, if you want something to sell you need to be good at marketing and know your audience.
    That's why editors and marketing depts exist.
    It makes me sad that there's this manga Marry Grave was it? That was axed because of this reason.

    Sure, a lot of hard work and effort is put into building a good story.
    But understanding and delivering what your audience wants is a talent on its a own.
    Rather than being on the same face of the coin, FT and Bleach were the exact opposite, of two faces on the same coin.
    Kubo doesn't really care about what his audience wants and experiment with his overly pretentious (and in his own eyes probably innovative) writing whereas Mashima just pulls the same formula and fanservice because he knows that sells.
    The only point I disagree here is that I do think Kubo was actively trying to give what his readers wanted. He pretty much only kept shoving the popular characters down our throats and reducing them to the specific traits that people used to like them for - and then expanding those traits to every character. Reason why by the last arc pretty much every single character is a smug machine of throwing one-liners with a emotionless face.
    The problem here wasn't that he was not trying to pander, but that he was doing it with so little effort it failed to captivate.

  20. #3180

    Default Re: Bleach Discussion █: Soul Society, but not!

    Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    I like how you guys just chose to misread what zeltrax actually wrote. It's pretty clear what was meant with it, and not sure what is there to disagree on.



    Don't be that person, lol.
    It was not clear at all. The post is so poorly written that it was painful to read it once and i have no desire to go back to it to try and decipher it once more.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts