+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 41 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 ... LastLast

Thread: Chapter 824: Little Pirate Games

Default Re: Chapter 824: Little Pirate Games

It’s funny how the same expression can have different meanings depending on the language

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Cat Cook Cookies View Post
    The cover is so awesome
    Compare to the previous 2, not that much

The Last Gunslinger Roland_Deschain's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RamistaR View Post
    I don't know where he is from, but in french "mordre la poussière" or "to bite the dust" doesn't necessarily implies death. It can simply mean utter defeat.
    Today I learned.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey King View Post
    He didn't ask to be slashed lol, what are you talking about.
    Mihawk had defeated him and was going to lay the killing blow, and Zoro turned around to face him so that he wouldn't get any wounds on his back. No "cowards wounds".
    Then Mihawk lays the finishing blow, everyone thinks Zoro is dead, but Mihawk spared him because he was interested in his potential.

This has nothing whatsoever to do with what you're suggesting...which doesn't make sense.
    Why would Zoro ask to be slashed, let alone blinded in one eye.
    oh right that's how it happened. i barely remember that stuff, i guess a re read would do me good.

one piece is on a break in this week, right?

Quote Originally Posted by zeff redleg View Post
    one piece is on a break in this week, right?
    technically speaking is JUMP, the outcome is the same, no chapter this week
    "I'm simply an accident. Why take it all so seriously?"

Quote Originally Posted by Shobu Yoruichi View Post
    Ah! Kidd has bitten the dust.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razh View Post
    Someone who has bitten the dust is dead.
    Quote Originally Posted by RamistaR View Post
    I don't know where he is from, but in french "mordre la poussière" or "to bite the dust" doesn't necessarily implies death. It can simply mean utter defeat.

Prediction: everyone's gets fat when they're on Whole Cake Island.
    Here’s how Naruto should end: Last panel is Naruto standing proudly over Konohagakure. Slowly zoom out to reveal Luffy staring into a snowglobe with a miniature Konoha inside it. Usopp asks him what he’s doing. Luffy replies “Thinkin’ bout ninjas! Ninjas are cool!” and then chucks it off the ship

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwood View Post
    It's weird how Kidd only ended up where he did because Kaido is so casually suicidal.

Like he just happend to stand next to his randomly chosen suicide spot.

Am I the only person who doesn't think that was a coincidence? To me, its blatantly obvious Apoo betrayed them.

Quote Originally Posted by Rotten The Wizard View Post
    Am I the only person who doesn't think that was a coincidence? To me, its blatantly obvious Apoo betrayed them.
    More likely he just surrendered after Kaido beat the living crap of Kidd

Quote Originally Posted by mbaruh View Post
    If BM becomes sort of on their side, and we finally get Sanji's BG, then how is this a waste of time?
    I mean it would be a wasted opportunity.

The Luffy - Big Mom rivalry has been brewing for a while now and only keeps building as even more incidents take place that involve both their crews.

For that to flatly end with no actual battle between the two captains would be disappointing IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by mbaruh View Post
    Now, a Luffy vs. BM war would be a waste of time, considering that the plot is on an express train to a Luffy vs. BB vs. WG war. The Wano arc alone would probably be longer than Dressrosa.
    By that logic, the whole plotline going on right now with Kaido/Wano is a waste of time?

Before we need to get to the final war of the series, Luffy needs to have taken on, and beaten, some of the real big guns.

He needs to evolve and grow to the point where he himself is one of the major players.

Basically, I feel like Luffy needs to beat at least one of the yonko one on one before the real final battles take place ie Luffy Vs. Blackbeard, Luffy Vs. Blackbeard Vs. WG etc

Kaido's coming first and it seems too soon for Luffy to beat him 1 on 1, while Blackbeard is marked for further down the road and Shanks is an ally.

That leaves Big Mom, who Luffy has already built a rivalry with, as the prime candidate to elevate Luffy's status from chaotic troublemaker to big timer.
    "Now! This is it! Now is the time to choose! Die and be free of pain or live and fight your sorrow! Now is the time to shape your stories! Your fate is in your hands!" - Auron

Quote Originally Posted by RobZilla View Post

The Luffy - Big Mom rivalry has been brewing for a while now and only keeps building as even more incidents take place that involve both their crews.

For that to flatly end with no actual battle between the two captains would be disappointing IMO.
    All of that build up seems to have led only to the tea party. FI introduced us to BM, Pekoms (who is now leading them to the tea party), Tamago, and the fact that she's holding a tea party.
    Then in Dressrosa BM chasing down the strawhats gave us something to do with Caesar, and separated the swirlyhats from the rest of the crew, which led to Sanji and Caesar being taken, which in turn leads Luffy to the tea party.
    I hope we can agree that Luffy won't take down BM in this arc. But then, what's left? this will use all the build up we had for BM, Sanji's plot-line will be resolved, Luffy will meet BM but won't take her down. Luffy will fight her later only if we later get build up for her as an enemy. Meet people who have suffered by her hand. But that will be after Luffy already clashed with her, and after we got the arc with her, in her territory, when we're supposed to have build up for the great war. Just seems unlikely to me.

By that logic, the whole plotline going on right now with Kaido/Wano is a waste of time?
    No, because Luffy gets tons of allies on the way, and taking him down makes him one of the top players in the sea.
    Before we need to get to the final war of the series, Luffy needs to have taken on, and beaten, some of the real big guns.

He needs to evolve and grow to the point where he himself is one of the major players.

Basically, I feel like Luffy needs to beat at least one of the yonko one on one before the real final battles take place ie Luffy Vs. Blackbeard, Luffy Vs. Blackbeard Vs. WG etc

Kaido's coming first and it seems too soon for Luffy to beat him 1 on 1, while Blackbeard is marked for further down the road and Shanks is an ally.

That leaves Big Mom, who Luffy has already built a rivalry with, as the prime candidate to elevate Luffy's status from chaotic troublemaker to big timer.
    Defeating Kaido alone will make Luffy a big timer. Even though he'll get help in the fight against him, it will probably all come down to Luffy, just like in Dressrosa.
    We're already getting build up for Luffy vs. BB with Marco getting into the scene.
    We don't need Luffy soloing a yonko to fight BB. Yes, BB seems strong, but even he didn't do anything like that so far. And when it comes down to it, he WILL seem stronger than Luffy. That's how Oda rolls- he hypes an antagonist to make him seem stronger than Luffy, and then makes Luffy exceed his limits and win.

The Mad Moiselle BellisarioFaith's Avatar

All right, let's see how close Mangastream vs. VIZ is for this week!
    • VIZ name for the chapter: "Playing Pirates"
    • I saw some confusion about Nami's line on the bottom right panel of the first page, where she says "Why is it that all of your siblings are crazy, dangerous people?!" with some wondering if it should have said "family members" instead of "siblings" and Dragon was meant to be included there. Actually, she says "What kind of trio of siblings are you?!"
    • Also, Nami's top bubble in the next panel (responding to Luffy's talk about Dragon) is kind of funny. Instead of "Huh? Of course!" she says "Like...yeah?" Haha, that sounds kinda weird.
    • Mangastream pg 6: Brook saying "the picture doesn't do his presence justice" implies that he may have met Dragon, but it's really not as much of an implication in VIZ. He just says "Well, a picture's not the same as seeing someone in real life."
    • If it wasn't already obvious, the "You need to help, too!" "I'm half-dead!" is indeed between someone (probably Nami) and Pekoms, since he actually gives his signature roar in there.
    • Quite a bit of Bariete's dialogue with Wanda was confusing in Mangastream (page 10). Here's VIZ's version: "I ape-ologize, Wanda! Maybe I could have told someone and stopped her, but Carrot had already packed up her stuff, and..." *Wanda cuts him off, and after she points out the bribe*: "B-but Carrot didn't want to betray you, Wanda!"
    • It looks like Kaido has his own "signature laugh" that wasn't included in MS: "Worororo".
    • His dialogue when talking about Luffy and Law: "Straw Hat Luffy! Trafalgar Law! I know what they call your generation! Little whelps proud of wiping out mere Warlords of the Sea, but you must realize that you've messed with my business! Worororo...hey, I bet you [Kid] can warn those idiots in your generation! 'Run away while you can. All we were doing was playing pirates!'"
    • The entire conversation between Sanji/Tamago/Vito says basically the same thing in both versions, just worded a little differently. Mangastream is still using "Purin", but VIZ uses "Pudding".
    Hidden:

Quote Originally Posted by RobZilla View Post

I've always thought that Mom will end up more a negotiation than a fight. The important thing for Luffy is that she bows to him and I can see that happening because it's in her better interests. Now that we know the Vinsmokes have political clout maybe it will involve fighting them.

For levelling fights he still has Weevil and whatever waits in Wano. Kaido killed Momo's parents so he's crossed that line from someone who can be negotiated with to someone who must be beaten down.

Quote Originally Posted by BellisarioFaith View Post
    • I saw some confusion about Nami's line on the bottom right panel of the first page, where she says "Why is it that all of your siblings are crazy, dangerous people?!" with some wondering if it should have said "family members" instead of "siblings" and Dragon was meant to be included there. Actually, she says "What kind of trio of siblings are you?!"
    • Also, Nami's top bubble in the next panel (responding to Luffy's talk about Dragon) is kind of funny. Instead of "Huh? Of course!" she says "Like...yeah?" Haha, that sounds kinda weird.
    • Mangastream pg 6: Brook saying "the picture doesn't do his presence justice" implies that he may have met Dragon, but it's really not as much of an implication in VIZ. He just says "Well, a picture's not the same as seeing someone in real life."
    • If it wasn't already obvious, the "You need to help, too!" "I'm half-dead!" is indeed between someone (probably Nami) and Pekoms, since he actually gives his signature roar in there.
    • Quite a bit of Bariete's dialogue with Wanda was confusing in Mangastream (page 10). Here's VIZ's version: "I ape-ologize, Wanda! Maybe I could have told someone and stopped her, but Carrot had already packed up her stuff, and..." *Wanda cuts him off, and after she points out the bribe*: "B-but Carrot didn't want to betray you, Wanda!"
    • It looks like Kaido has his own "signature laugh" that wasn't included in MS: "Worororo".
    • His dialogue when talking about Luffy and Law: "Straw Hat Luffy! Trafalgar Law! I know what they call your generation! Little whelps proud of wiping out mere Warlords of the Sea, but you must realize that you've messed with my business! Worororo...hey, I bet you [Kid] can warn those idiots in your generation! 'Run away while you can. All we were doing was playing pirates!'"
    • The entire conversation between Sanji/Tamago/Vito says basically the same thing in both versions, just worded a little differently. Mangastream is still using "Purin", but VIZ uses "Pudding".
    Thanks for the insight. So much for Brook meeting Dragon hype.

Wonder if he really plans to release Kid to use as a message/warning or are his defeat and current condition supposed to be the message itself.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

Thanks Bellisario Faith!

Can't wait to see Kidd take revenge and shut Kaido's arrogant mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptayn View Post
    Thanks Bellisario Faith!

Can't wait to see Kidd take revenge and shut Kaido's arrogant mouth.
    Kid is as arrogant as Kaido

Isn't Kid a major scumbag? Like purposefully hurting innocent civilians and such, unless I'm Misremembering.
    If so, he got what he deserved.

Want to see the Colored Manga Chapters in English? Support Snir in his endeavor by DONATING: http://sniraharon.tumblr.com/

King of Little Sisters ~ Chrior's Avatar

It's really cool that you choose to help everyone out here with the VIZ translation! I think Mangastream changed to Pudding, actually. Btw, I have to mention that I loooove how Stephen translated Tamago's speech quirk! "That is an outpost of le Big Mom pirates", "Mama appreciates your " 'qualités' " or whatever he wrote. Hilarious!

Good stuff, I got my subscription for VIZ to have the HxH and current OP chapters, It is nice to see the difference between the two. I think I'll try and wait for the "official" translation more often before posting, especially after the whole Brook-Dragon meeting went out of the window. I wonder how often we miss or understand things wrong because of it. I want to get my favorite series in Japanese and hopefully one day learn the language. (One Piece, Rurouni Kenshin, Hunter x Hunter, Dragonball, Monster, Kurozuka are some of them).

Tamiel -

Does anyone else think that Jack is calling on fish to help him out of the water? That is the first thing I thought about when we see that he is a Fishman. Just like when Jinbei summoned those whale sharks and the end of Impel Down.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information