+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Smartest One Piece character?

Default Smartest One Piece character?

One Piece has a lot of lovable idiots, but there are plenty of smart ones too. Who do you think is the smartest?

But then there are various definitions of smartest. It could be measured by different means, like:
    Book smarts (as in knowledgeable) I will say Robin and those Ohara historians.
    Nami wins her fights through intelligence (and a bit of luck), and her weather knowledge is godly. Sanji is shown to be very smart from the way he saves the day(s) (provided there are no women around).
    Franky, CC and Dr Vegapunk are pretty impressive too, but I don't know how to catagorise them.
    Luffy can be *gasp* actually quite clever sometimes during fights, like how he came up with the gears and stuff.
    In terms of planning I would leave it blank, because I would answer Crocodile, and he's my favourite character so I am afraid that my judgement will be clouded.

Those who discuss power levels here will be chased by psycho tortoises for an eternity.
    But seriously, I made this thread to know who people think has the highest intelligence, not highest fighting power in OP, so erm, I hope no power level discussions appear here.

↑Biological Weaopn of Doom and Destruction

Default Re: Smartest One Piece character?

I think Oda once mentioned in some very early SBS that Kuro, Ben Beckham (and maybe Sanji?) are the smartest people. But that was way back in east blue.

Crocodile, Dragon, Vegapunk, Caesar, Robin are all very bright people.

Vegapunk, Caesar, Franky, Nami, Beckman, Kuro

Beckman is said to have the highest IQ from East Blue.

Vegapunk as the most obvious one.

But then you have people who are genius' in their own field- Brook as a musician, for example. Actually, all the Strawhats are geniuses in their own speciality. Sengoku was said to be a military genius too, iirc.

In one of the quite early SBS's Oda said for sure that Beckmann, Kuro then Nami were the smartest of the characters introduced. I think it was round about the start of the Grand Line

Vegapunk, that's a given.

Quote Originally Posted by fuzi11 View Post
    I think Oda once mentioned in some very early SBS that Kuro, Ben Beckham (and maybe Sanji?) are the smartest people. But that was way back in east blue.
    It was Ben Beckman followed by Kuro and Nami.

Quote Originally Posted by le crystal View Post

But seriously, I made this thread to know who people think has the highest intelligence, not highest fighting power in OP, so erm, I hope no power level discussions appear here.
    A battle of smartness !!

__

Other than the few characters already mentioned, I'd say the Five Elder Stars are very, very intelligent people.

Franky is a lot smarter than he appears. A true genius, that is : managed to integrate lasers in the ultra-futuristic Thousand Sunny, could build Den Den Mushis "like it ain't nothin'", managed to read Vegapunk's works...

Dont forget Rayleigh

beside other characters that was mentioned, I think Roger one of the smartest characters of all time because he find a way to get around his illness and turn the world upside down.

I think Dragon has to be up there because he not only has built an organization strong enough to be a threat to the WG but also make it stay completely hidden. up until the last chapter anyway

Stelly has reappeared and we'll see if he can still be described as a genius. He has managed to win a king-ship.

Sanji's family should be interesting in this way.

Kizaro may have some hidden depths and turn out to be incredibly book-smart. He does work with Vegapunk.

Iceberg seems to have both political and engineering genius.

Other than the mentioned names, I can think of VA Tsuru, also known as Great Staff Officer, she seems like a person full of wisdom and experience,
    "Happily ever after is so once upon a time"

I dont really think Kizaru is even within the 100 smartest characters. Heīs just a easily distracted marine admiral who won the superpower lottery and can destroy anything and anyone and you canīt really fight him if you donīt have a decent haki.

At first I read this as "Strangest One Piece character".

The smartest in terms of scientific/technological stuff is Vegapunk.
    Combat wise, maybe Benn Beckman or Sengoku?
    Misc. might be Nami with her weather knowledge.

Btw, can someone reading this make a "Strangest One Piece character" thread? I can't because my account is banned from posting topics, probably because I once made a thread asking if dead people should be allowed to vote.
    I accept Jesus Burgess as my Lord and Savior

Quote Originally Posted by W A M View Post
    beside other characters that was mentioned, I think Roger one of the smartest characters of all time because he find a way to get around his illness and turn the world upside down.
    Well... that was a "good move", but it doesn't make him a genius.

Quote Originally Posted by Medical Orbit View Post
    Btw, can someone reading this make a "Strangest One Piece character" thread? I can't because my account is banned from posting topics, probably because I once made a thread asking if dead people should be allowed to vote.
    Did you include a poll?

Also, wtf?
    Quote Originally Posted by Outerspec View Post
    Trying to understand Bleach is like trying to drink a bottle of bleach.

It makes no sense and you'll be dead before you're finished.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaptayn View Post
    Well... that was a "good move", but it doesn't make him a genius.
    the way i see it it's not just a "move" ,,, the man triggered the great age of pirates and he seems to know what's going to happen exactly, like when he told rayleigh that he isn't going to die!!!

The thread title is smartest one piece character which is obviously Vegapunk since it has been stated that his technology/intelligence is 500 years ahead of the currect people in the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Medical Orbit View Post
    At first I read this as "Strangest One Piece character".

The smartest in terms of scientific/technological stuff is Vegapunk.
    Combat wise, maybe Benn Beckman or Sengoku?
    Misc. might be Nami with her weather knowledge.

Can you not just make a second account and then wait for option to be available to make threads nothing in the rules about making two accounts unless your other account is banned i think lol.

the only reason you would be banned for having two accounts is if you used both of them to vote on a poll i think and like i said you were a former banned user lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Tangaroa View Post
    Stelly has reappeared and we'll see if he can still be described as a genius. He has managed to win a king-ship.

Sanji's family should be interesting in this way.

Kizaro may have some hidden depths and turn out to be incredibly book-smart. He does work with Vegapunk.

Iceberg seems to have both political and engineering genius.
    smelly is not smart he just brown nosed the princess and kizaru was just a test subject for vegapunk so that he could give the fake kuma's lazers lol

Nami,Vegapunk,Beckham from shanks crew,ect have stated to be smart.

how is smelly smart? That intellectual face of his, I assume?

↑Biological Weaopn of Doom and Destruction

Quote Originally Posted by W A M View Post
    the way i see it it's not just a "move" ,,, the man triggered the great age of pirates and he seems to know what's going to happen exactly, like when he told rayleigh that he isn't going to die!!!
    Again, that was a "smart" move but nothing exceptional. All he did was announcing that he has left a great treasure behind him. People believed him, took the sea. That's all.
    He isn't going to die because his will would be inherited by this new generation of pirates.

___

I'd say Stelly is "smart" (even though I HATE that little...), because you don't become king of a country just "like that". Plus, Sabo's parents made him study real hard back in the days, and he was already described as "intelligent" at that time.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information