+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Smartest One Piece character?

Default Re: Smartest One Piece character?

Vegapunk. In terms of raw I.Q., there's no one else up to that level.

Everybody else has their own areas expertise, but Vegapunk himself dominates more areas than anyone else.

i liked whitebeard vs sengoku war strategy moves

Nobody mentioned Doflamingo? He at least deserves a runner-up somewhere; he's a good strategist, just got overpowered.

he lost his strategist title after letting his people go fight others in random

Chief Warden of Yo Mama Jabberwok's Avatar

Does anyone else get the feeling that Killer is pretty smart? Law, with his strategic and medical expertise, deserves some mention too. Hogback too.

Vegapunk obviously takes the top.

When it comes to strategic ability, planning of battles+predicting the enemy's actions I put my money on law
    When it comes to knowledge i'd say vegapunk

Quote Originally Posted by Psycrow View Post
    Nobody mentioned Doflamingo? He at least deserves a runner-up somewhere; he's a good strategist, just got overpowered.
    Doffy acted like a complete moron on Dressrosa so unless he wanted to die every move he made was the wrong one.

Quote Originally Posted by Desperado View Post
    unless he wanted to die every move he made
    Considering he lacked a definite goal, maybe THAT actually was his real goal.

Similar to Kaido who wants to commit suicide in the most epic fashion, Doffy just wanted to get pwned in the most epic fashion ever imaginable.

Yeah... starting with the fake newspaper release, the bait in the Colosseum, and the game to kill all his enemies. Definitely a suicidal guy there! Too bad his suicide attempt didn't work when he took over Dressrosa in the first place, would've saved a lot of time.

Quote Originally Posted by Psycrow View Post
    Yeah... starting with the fake newspaper release, the bait in the Colosseum, and the game to kill all his enemies. Definitely a suicidal guy there! Too bad his suicide attempt didn't work when he took over Dressrosa in the first place, would've saved a lot of time.
    The fake newspaper release thing was smart, but the Colosseum bait was idiotic. He could at least put a fake mera mera no mi.
    His taking over of dressrosa... deserves a pat on the back, I guess? Considering the fact that the Dressrosa citizens had really low IQ or are just sheeple. If your nice guy king suddenly starts asking for money and randomly kill, and then poof a pirate out from nowhere IMMEDIATELY comes to save the day, a person with normal IQ will know something fishy is going on.

I actually like Doffy, but it baffles me when people think he's the smartest arc villain.

↑Biological Weaopn of Doom and Destruction

Well, he was bound to have already had it by then and figured it'd be useless to Luffy, and would keep his reputation up if someone else won and ate it. The game I was referring to after that was the star-related game, just one of several things he did to try to hang onto control. It was just a little overconfidence on his end that any of his usual tactics would finish Luffy. He did get pretty close, though, and got a lot farther a lot sooner in his schemes than Crocodile did, another shichibukai. Even beyond that he found ways to make money off the SAD/Smiles, weapons, the control of people/toys and tonatta, and auction houses before that. He was pretty successful until Luffy came along. His plan for Law might've worked too, if Law didn't run off with Corazon to try to find a cure early.

Vegapunk sounds like a fair bet, aldo it could be that he has a DF that helps him with that. CC should be up there too. Franky too at least in ships and cyborg Technology.

Luffy in terms of battle strategy. Akainu and BB too.
    Last edited by uniaka ikuzakas; April 17th, 2016 at 12:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sanji''s_dad View Post
    smelly is not smart he just brown nosed the princess and kizaru was just a test subject for vegapunk so that he could give the fake kuma's lazers lol

Nami,Vegapunk,Beckham from shanks crew,ect have stated to be smart.
    Stelly was described as a genius as a child. Whether that was hype or remains true is yet to be seen.

Totally unsure about how smart Kizaro is, but guessing that Oda drew him as a child surrounded by books for a reason. Under that distracted aura he might even be able to understand Vegapunk.

Nami, Vegapunk and Beckham have been stated as among the smartest, yes.

Knowing Oda, I guess he will make Vegapunk smart in inventing, but dumb at everything else (eg: life skills).

Oda once said that it was Kuro, Beckman and Nami, but that was a really long time ago.

↑Biological Weaopn of Doom and Destruction

well if we are talking about the "science" type of smart..i think it's a safe bet to give that to vegapunk since it's basically a title given to him in the manga.
    if we are talking about poeple able to use their brain to adapt to various situations and make plans in advance..well we have several and really not that much way to measure..

Blackbeard, Crocodile, Nami, Robin, Sengoku, Akainu...

Luffy can be a freaking genius at times... Considering he thought of somethings like Gear 2 and Gear 4.

Want to see the Colored Manga Chapters in English? Support Snir in his endeavor by DONATING: http://sniraharon.tumblr.com/

Quote Originally Posted by YoiYoi View Post
    Blackbeard, Crocodile, Nami, Robin, Sengoku, Akainu...

Luffy can be a freaking genius at times... Considering he thought of somethings like Gear 2 and Gear 4.
    I think blackbeard is more of a leave it to luck or fate kind of like a gambler and with Oda to make his gambles come true due to plot.

Quote Originally Posted by le crystal View Post

Oda once said that it was Kuro, Beckman and Nami, but that was a really long time ago.
    Those are the smartest on East Blue.

Quote Originally Posted by sanji''s_dad View Post
    I think blackbeard is more of a leave it to luck or fate kind of like a gambler and with Oda to make his gambles come true due to plot.
    Not true, he schemed the whole Shichibukai thing all the way through Marineford...
    Come and think of it, although Blackbeard's crew might seem rough, they're pretty smart... Even Burgess whom most people thought to be a simple-minded guy turned out to be a cunning person (Reminding Sabo of Ace's death so he could lower his guard)

Want to see the Colored Manga Chapters in English? Support Snir in his endeavor by DONATING: http://sniraharon.tumblr.com/

I am surprised there is almost none mention of Sanji. I don't know why I assumed he would be on the smart group, was it not stated at some point that he fights with his brain? or was that way to long ago to be taken seriously now?
    Lazyness is my superpower

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information