+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22

Thread: Kimetsu no Yaiba

Default Re: Kimetsu no Yaiba

In case some people only read the scan version, the official translation suggests that Yoshiro will kick Muzan out of the castle. Also he is much more angry :-)

when Muzan said that the 2 pillars were dead, I was so surprised. I was like, it's not possible, but with this author maybe she did it for real. I'm glad the suspense did not last

Quote Originally Posted by Kdom View Post
    In case some people only read the scan version, the official translation suggests that Yoshiro will kick Muzan out of the castle. Also he is much more angry :-)

when Muzan said that the 2 pillars were dead, I was so surprised. I was like, it's not possible, but with this author maybe she did it for real. I'm glad the suspense did not last
    I figured the author wouldn't kill Love and Snake yet. At the very least Snake. We know next to nothing about him.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Baroness View Post
    I figured the author wouldn't kill Love and Snake yet. At the very least Snake. We know next to nothing about him.
    The author just played it perfectly. People bought it because the series has shown many times that there are real consequences and it was believable for it to just off-screen a character we never got to know.

Quote Originally Posted by Nobodyman View Post
    First off, I want to apologize for what I said. It wasn't right for me to belittle your concerns, whatever I may think of them.

That said, I still don't really understand at all why you're so concerned. So because someone discovered Kimetsu no Yaiba through the anime that makes their appreciation of it invalid? I mean, where does this line of reasoning end for you? Does everyone who likes Jurassic Park, or Gone With the Wind, or Wizard of Oz a poser because they didn't read the original books?

And while I can appreciate your idea of following a series from its debut and sticking with it, it's just not always practical. I mean, should we follow every manga from start to finish on the off chance it turns out to be great? Time is valuable and not everyone is a "100 Manga, 1000 Anime" person. Me, I read manga and watch anime pretty casually. I like them about as much as I like western animation, live action movies and TV, novels, comic books, video games, etc. and have to divide my time between. So yes, I think it is natural and sensible sometimes to not hop on something immediately and just till you hear about its quality from word of mouth. .
    A person who binged the Gone with the Wind book and another who watched the movie will see a difference in their understanding of the story.
    Visualizing a journey in your mind is very different from being fed the visual information in the cinema.
    No monologues nor an overarching concern for anyone else the camera is not panning on.
    There is always a reason why the original material is better.
    Well, if we are talking about books anyway.
    It's not really a good comparison to use books to movies and manga to anime though.

Their appreciation of it is not invalid, but it is different.
    Put it this way, their foremost appreciation goes into the visual aspects, the music, the creative uses of camera angle, etc. Everything in the vacuum that is the anime medium.
    And while they do appreciate the story and the characters, a majority of the current fanbase exist now because of ufotable's splendid job on the adaption.

The manga is an extension of this appreciation of the anime and not the other way round.
    Is that so wrong? Of course not.
    What irks me is the group that pretends it's the other way around.

You picked up the manga because of the popularity of the anime and perhaps you chose to stay because of the quality of the manga.
    That's fair, the popularity drew you in because you didn't have the time to otherwise search for it.

However I'm pretty sure that Kimetsu has been known even before the adaption and did it not have great writing and characters then?
    It did so why wasn't anyone talking about it like for instance, AoT before it's anime?
    My disgust is not towards people like you but the cesspool of proclaimed anime and manga sommeliers.
    It's annoying.

I'll be upfront and say that the reason why Kimetsu isn't widespread in the western market is because it's a very very eastern feudal Japanese manga and did not have a mass appealing artstyle.
    It did not appeal to people the same way Hero Academia does in the West even though it constantly tops the ToC.
    So to answer your question, no I'm not against anyone enjoying the anime or it gaining exposure.
    But I'm against those who tried the series, gave it a pass for shallow reason, but for some reason now creates posts and videos on "how kimetsu iz a masterpiece!!"

"But you can't fault someone for not liking something or not knowing about it".
    Yes but theres no way Kimetsu flew under anyone who follows Jump or is in a community or anyone that reads jump for the next big thing.
    It's near it's last leg when the anime aired and has been popular for a while now.
    The western community doesn't talk about it because I'm pretty fucking sure a bunch of them pass on it because "no time to commit" "hurrdurr art" "shounen cliche" or "not westernized themes enough"
    Now the floodgates open to "best series of the year!!" "Good writing!!"
    Really now?
    The community should just admit the community shallowness and don't drag the writing into it.

Think about it this way.
    If Ufotable adaption wasn't that much of a success, Kimetsu would never receive the recognition it deserves and the community will just deem it as "yeah it's okay, I mean nothing special..".
    So wheres the sommeliers then?
    This is why the community has been degrading over the years.
    But that's another topic for another time.
    Last edited by zeltrax225; November 17th, 2019 at 11:02 AM.

It's fun chaos all around. And Kanroji is a much needed bit of humor.

Chapter was fucking intense! The teamwork in this manga is just delicious, compared to other shonen mangas where extra drama is added because a big ego won't cooperate with the hero against the real threat.
    "Often I think about my many comrades fallen by my side. I heard their curses against the war and its authors, the revolt against their murder. And I, as a survivor, believe that I am inspired by their will to struggle, for the idea of peace and human fraternity."
    Corp. Barthas, France, Feb. 1919

Hot Diggity Damn!
    Spoiler:
    Tanjiro died. Or is dying.

But!

Spoiler:
    He then something something breath of somethingness...

Quote Originally Posted by KageKageKing View Post
    But!

Spoiler:
    He then something something breath of somethingness...
    Spoiler:
    Breath of the Breathless, 1st form: Poisonous Asphyxia.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information