+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15
Results 281 to 293 of 293

Thread: Kimetsu no Yaiba

  1. #281

    Default Re: Kimetsu no Yaiba

    Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Baroness View Post
    Interesting. What are the glaring flaws you see in this series?
    Maybe flaws isn't the right word..... more leaning towrads personal opinions lol

    I dislike the protagonists Tanjiro Kamado, Zenitsu Agatsuma and Inosuke Hashibira, I find them all kind of annoying,

    I don't like how they made all these ranks as some sort of progression system and then decide to throw it all away and just focus on the three main protagonists and the pillars and never seem to bring up the ranking system again, I would have liked to see the protagonists rise up in the ranks as well as flesh out the other ranks outside of newbies and the pillars

    The beginning story line was extremely slow for me, I only kept reading because my friend told me it gets a lot better

    Can't always tell what's happening with the action sequences

    Things I do like however

    I like how he fleshes out his villains, most of them have some sort of sad sympathetic back story that shows you how they winded up where they are

    I love the boss of the demon slayer corps blowing himself up to help take down the big bad

    The plot with his sister him trying to make her human again, the pillars being against her at first and the main baddy finding out there headquarters cause of his connection to any demon (some Harry Potter & Voldemort shit going on there)

    This arc is pretty great to the upper demons vs the pillars in a final battle... I am pumped!!!

    Outside of a slow beginning, some tedious characters, hard to tell action scenes it's a pretty great manga

    Again I put it in the same category as Toriko, Beelzebub, seven deadly sins and hitman reborn, all of which I love I just feel there are some issues with these series, Toriko and Beelzebub were rushed because of lack luster anime's, hitman Reborn's first 65 chapters were horrendous, and Seven Deadly sins does a bit to much amnesia plot lines and the way he handles relationships makes me glad Oda doesn't put romance in One Piece

    But I enjoy all these series immensely so maybe more of a lower B tier
    Last edited by Shiebs; August 12th, 2019 at 07:13 PM.

  2. #282

    Default Re: Kimetsu no Yaiba

    From the 3 webtoons you have put in your B tier, I dropped 2 and only read Tower of God anymore which, with your categories, would more belong to the C tier. If you don't read it yet, I would advice Lookism because it is a webtoon I would put in the B

    Concerning the characters, I'm surprised one can dislike Tanjiro. I can understand the other 2 but what is annoying in him ?

    For the slow start, it is definitevely not an issue for me. Actually, some of jump great series had a slow start and a lot of those which had a quick one ended in the C tier.

    For the ranking system, I can agree. The author does not search to develop her wordbuilding to far. In a way it is not that bad because the serie will not be lost in the mistake that those complex worlbuilding induces (cf Naruto, Toriko...). It is her first serie so the next ones will be promising.

  3. #283

    Default Re: Kimetsu no Yaiba

    Note to everyone that this god like adaption was only made possible because of Nasu.
    No idea who he is? Go pick up the Fate franchise, in terms of writing it is likely the same level as One Piece but not as well known.
    But then again it is currently making millions because of its 3d waifu gacha game.


    Quote Originally Posted by Shiebs View Post
    Maybe flaws isn't the right word..... more leaning towrads personal opinions lol

    I dislike the protagonists Tanjiro Kamado, Zenitsu Agatsuma and Inosuke Hashibira, I find them all kind of annoying,

    I don't like how they made all these ranks as some sort of progression system and then decide to throw it all away and just focus on the three main protagonists and the pillars and never seem to bring up the ranking system again, I would have liked to see the protagonists rise up in the ranks as well as flesh out the other ranks outside of newbies and the pillars

    The beginning story line was extremely slow for me, I only kept reading because my friend told me it gets a lot better

    Can't always tell what's happening with the action sequences
    To be honest, I have no idea how anyone can not like Tanjiro.
    He's not even the most defining "shounen" kind of protagonist but he is my favorite.
    I feel like female authors tend to write shounen male leads with great characterization with empathetic traits. See the cast of FMA and to a certain degree, D Gray man and Blue Exorcist.
    The beginning was slow and that's a valid point but not everything needs to have instant gratification.

    I think you are projecting the standard shounen universe/world building into Kimetsu. I almost feel like you are talking about Naruto or HxH when you are talking about the side cast and the ranks but it was shown and told from the very start that the slayers die like flies and the demons are insanely strong.
    All the fights in Yaiba have this thrilling tension to them that is enjoyable to read precisely because if you go back and re-read it, any single mistake by the characters could lead to instant death.
    The author has been emphasizing death and how easy it is to die since the very beginning. It would be unrealistic and pointless to introduce a cast of newbs, develop them and then kill them off anyway when the whole point is that only the exceptional ones can survive(which is a very very low number).
    The rank system is flimsy and it is meant to be that way so there's really no need for a rising in rank to be elaborately shown.


    Yeah I like this series but if I look at it objectively I kind of get what you're saying about the action sequences, the author isn't the best in the art department and it shows but she makes up for it with stellar character writing.

    EDIT: Oh I saw your C-Tier.
    Putting Kimetsu in the same tier as Sins and Reborn made me winch a little.

  4. #284

    Default Re: Kimetsu no Yaiba

    Best thing of the Nasuverse is a completely different story than Fate and a Fate story that was written by someone else though.

  5. #285

    Default Re: Kimetsu no Yaiba

    Quote Originally Posted by MiyamotoMusashi View Post
    Best thing of the Nasuverse is a completely different story than Fate and a Fate story that was written by someone else though.
    Zero?
    Pretty sure Nasu supervised that and anyway, it was good and one of the best but when compared to Stay Night, the original series still come up top.

  6. #286

    Default Re: Kimetsu no Yaiba

    Quote Originally Posted by zeltrax225 View Post
    Zero?
    Pretty sure Nasu supervised that and anyway, it was good and one of the best but when compared to Stay Night, the original series still come up top.
    Yep.
    The philosophical clashes in Zero are better than anything in Stay Night, at least to me.
    Gotta respect it of course, since without it, Zero would never exist, and of course many things only get resolved in Stay Night, but nevertheless, itīs on a different realm to me.

  7. #287

    Default Re: Kimetsu no Yaiba

    Quote Originally Posted by Kdom View Post
    From the 3 webtoons you have put in your B tier, I dropped 2 and only read Tower of God anymore which, with your categories, would more belong to the C tier. If you don't read it yet, I would advice Lookism because it is a webtoon I would put in the B
    Idk why I just love tower of God lol and I'll definitely check out that other web comic, Thanks man
    Quote Originally Posted by Kdom View Post
    Concerning the characters, I'm surprised one can dislike Tanjiro. I can understand the other 2 but what is annoying in him ?
    He just rubs me the wrong way, he's almost a little to earnest, I don't dislike him as much as the others but still....
    Quote Originally Posted by Kdom View Post
    For the slow start, it is definitevely not an issue for me. Actually, some of jump great series had a slow start and a lot of those which had a quick one ended in the C tier.
    Agreed on this, lots of Great series started off slow and turn into favorites (some of my friends thought one piece started off slow for example) and lots of bad series start out great and interesting, Naruto and Bleach had dives in quality
    Quote Originally Posted by Kdom View Post
    For the ranking system, I can agree. The author does not search to develop her wordbuilding to far. In a way it is not that bad because the serie will not be lost in the mistake that those complex worlbuilding induces (cf Naruto, Toriko...). It is her first serie so the next ones will be promising.
    Good point! better to end it on a good note then drag it's reputation through the mud and leave a bad after taste in readers mouth

    Quote Originally Posted by zeltrax225 View Post

    To be honest, I have no idea how anyone can not like Tanjiro.
    He's not even the most defining "shounen" kind of protagonist but he is my favorite.
    I feel like female authors tend to write shounen male leads with great characterization with empathetic traits. See the cast of FMA and to a certain degree, D Gray man and Blue Exorcist.
    I don't know why I don't like him I just don't, by the way is Blue Exorcist worth reading?
    Quote Originally Posted by Kdom View Post
    The beginning was slow and that's a valid point but not everything needs to have instant gratification.
    Agreed, but it's still a problem with the series though, not a deal breaker, as I've read lots of series with slow beginnings. Usually the ones that are really slow I stick with based off recommendations though (which was the case with this one)

    Quote Originally Posted by Kdom View Post
    I think you are projecting the standard shounen universe/world building into Kimetsu. I almost feel like you are talking about Naruto or HxH when you are talking about the side cast and the ranks but it was shown and told from the very start that the slayers die like flies and the demons are insanely strong.
    All the fights in Yaiba have this thrilling tension to them that is enjoyable to read precisely because if you go back and re-read it, any single mistake by the characters could lead to instant death.
    The author has been emphasizing death and how easy it is to die since the very beginning. It would be unrealistic and pointless to introduce a cast of newbs, develop them and then kill them off anyway when the whole point is that only the exceptional ones can survive(which is a very very low number).
    The rank system is flimsy and it is meant to be that way so there's really no need for a rising in rank to be elaborately shown.
    Maybe your right, first thing I thought of when reading that there were ranks to go up was Black Clover and Naruto, but honestly I don't like that they put those elaborate systems up just to throw it away, it's kind of bad world building that only the characters the main hero graduated with and the pillars are the only ones who seem to matter, It's also kind of annoying me with Black Clover to, they showed them going up ranks at first so I thought there power curve would be a gradual thing but now in the latest fight it feels like there already at the captains levels

    Quote Originally Posted by Kdom View Post
    Yeah I like this series but if I look at it objectively I kind of get what you're saying about the action sequences, the author isn't the best in the art department and it shows but she makes up for it with stellar character writing.
    Like I said the character back stories are probs what I enjoy most about this series, but yeah art and action isn't her forte
    Quote Originally Posted by Kdom View Post
    EDIT: Oh I saw your C-Tier.
    Putting Kimetsu in the same tier as Sins and Reborn made me winch a little.
    I enjoy both series a lot, even with there flaws

    again C rank isn't necessarily bad for me, I love Toriko and Beelzebub and have read them both multiple times. I was very active on there threads here, hell I may enjoy them more then some of my B list mangas I was trying to balance personal opinions with what I think critical consensuses should be, maybe I'll revaluate that

  8. #288

    Default Re: Kimetsu no Yaiba

    Spoiler:
    Two pillars with marks against Moon One. Things looking interesting.









  9. #289
    The English Avenger Satsuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Well hidden

    Default Re: Kimetsu no Yaiba

    I suppose its to be expected that there's more to it than meets the eye, so to speak:
    https://manganelo.com/chapter/kimets...ba/chapter_170

    But Earth Pillar, you are the man.

  10. #290

    Default Re: Kimetsu no Yaiba

    Okay now the eyes start to creep me out.

  11. #291

    Default Re: Kimetsu no Yaiba

    https://mangaplus.shueisha.co.jp/viewer/1003671
    So UM1 is Sunbro's bro is practically confirmed by this point.









  12. #292

  13. #293
    The English Avenger Satsuki's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Well hidden

    Default Re: Kimetsu no Yaiba

    UM1 would be hot if it weren't for, y'know, six eyes.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts