+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8

Thread: Which Characters Will Die Between Now and the End of the Series?

Default Re: Which Characters Will Die Between Now and the End of the Series?

Shanks is Luffy's entire inspiration for becoming a pirate in the first place. Of course it'll have a greater effect on him.

One Pace - The One Piece anime without the filler and padding.
    AP Discord

Shanks dying will lead to luffy no longer being lighthearted and he will turn intoa ball of rage and angst as he spends the rest of the story on a hate filled quest to kill blackbeard and anyone associated with him. He becomes a sterner captain doling out corporal punishment and whipping his crew. He lets people die in front of him because he has no sympathy. I cant wait for one piece to go down this route,

Psych, it wont happen like this and i think luffy's emotion at losing shanks if it does happen will be a lot less pointed as what happened in the war, he might be very sad but it wont be as outwardly shown,he wont go into a coma because of it
    Chapter 437 Discussion after franky decides to join the Strawhats:
    So who think Usopp is inside that duffelbag?
    H x H Chimera Ant Arc / OP Manga Spoiler
    Spoiler:

I Like Video Game Music hosemisnuba's Avatar

As
    Quote Originally Posted by Long John Silvers Rayleigh View Post
    Shanks dying will lead to luffy no longer being lighthearted and he will turn intoa ball of rage and angst as he spends the rest of the story on a hate filled quest to kill blackbeard and anyone associated with him. He becomes a sterner captain doling out corporal punishment and whipping his crew. He lets people die in front of him because he has no sympathy. I cant wait for one piece to go down this route,

Psych, it wont happen like this and i think luffy's emotion at losing shanks if it does happen will be a lot less pointed as what happened in the war, he might be very sad but it wont be as outwardly shown,he wont go into a coma because of it
    The reason Luffy went into a coma when Ace died is because Ace was brutally murdered in front of him. When Shank's die, it won't be crushing, because one, he will not die in front of Luffy, and two, Luffy understands, after overcoming his grief for Ace, that people die, and sometimes he cannot change it. I certainly don't expect a huge transformation in Luffy's character following his mentors death, but I do see him strengthening his resolve, being not only motivated to take down Blackbeard, but also to honor the memory of pirates like Shanks, and prove that the 'good-way' of being a pirate, the way Shank's taught him, is the true way.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by sanji''s_dad View Post
    Blackbeard got captured and killed in real life so after he gets defeated he will most likely be captured and killed like how they executed Ace except no one will come to save him.
    Maynard to the rescue.

Discovered Stowaway Sparsebeard's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Buggy D. Clown View Post
    It will hurt Luffy no doubt but whats the point? he has already dealt with death of his only brother(at that time) who he spent the most time with growing up. I don't think Shanks death will have bigger impact than Ace's death. Shanks can get defeated by BB but no need to die.
    Hmm... So perhaps, Luffy will really meet Shanks and give him back his hat, then, he'll buy a Yankees cap and the crew will therefore be call the Baseballcap Crew...

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information