+ Reply to Thread
Page 67 of 67 FirstFirst ... 17 57 65 66 67
Results 1,321 to 1,330 of 1330

Thread: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

I exist...I guess....

Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

Not only did Hody and his mates get beaten up in that scene but one of them was even kidnapped and the humans were going to sell him. So yeah, not quite the "nothing" it was supposed to be. It was a scene from episode 536

Quote Originally Posted by ARC-1300 View Post
    Perhaps the author have the okay for such a scene, although that's just speculation.
    Considering that scene went against what Oda was clearly trying to accomplish with the character I seriously doubt that; just an example of the anime team making a poor decision.
    Last edited by midod; February 19th, 2017 at 05:57 PM.

Wow. I think I watched these episodes when they first came out, but I don't remember that scene at all. How infuriating. I'll have to skip over the scene when watching with my girlfriend. Episode 536. Noted. Thanks.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

I assume they made that mistake because the manga chapter revealing Hody wasn't out yet? Or were they just so stupid that they didn't understand what was going on?

Quote Originally Posted by midod View Post
    Not only did Hody and his mates get beaten up in that scene but one of them was even kidnapped and the humans were going to sell him. So yeah, not quite the "nothing" it was supposed to be. It was a scene from episode 536

Considering that scene went against what Oda was clearly trying to accomplish with the character I seriously doubt that; just an example of the anime team making a poor decision.
    That's seeming very likely. Luckily that type of bull hasn't been pulled since.

👆Edit

I believe the arc was wrapping up in the manga just as the anime was beginning.

I exist...I guess....

Quote Originally Posted by Zephray View Post
    I assume they made that mistake because the manga chapter revealing Hody wasn't out yet? Or were they just so stupid that they didn't understand what was going on?
    I don’t think so? I seem to recall the chapter with the “nothing” reveal being out for quite a number of months before that episode

Quote Originally Posted by midod View Post
    I don’t think so? I seem to recall the chapter with the “nothing” reveal being out for quite a number of months before that episode
    Then they're shitheads, if that's the case.

I'm not sure how long an episode is typically completed before it airs, so that chapter may not have been out during the production of the episode. Still, that's kind of a major thing, and would have warranted that scene be replaced with something else.

On another note, I noticed that the box art for collection nineteen has Whitebeard's jolly roger in the background, which is interesting since every one up until this point has either had the straw hat flag or the government flag.

The chapter was out 4 months before that episode aired, and it takes at least 4 months for a single episode to be produced (starting from script writing). That means it probably slipped through because of the production time.

Community Movie Nights - Come watch movies with other forum members! Every Saturday at 6 P.M. EST.
    One Pace - The One Piece anime without the filler and padding.
    AP Discord

Quote Originally Posted by dpstatic View Post
    On another note, I noticed that the box art for collection nineteen has Whitebeard's jolly roger in the background, which is interesting since every one up until this point has either had the straw hat flag or the government flag.
    Collection 13 didn't have ether the Straw Hats or the government flags, it had the Marine flag.

I exist...I guess....

Quote Originally Posted by Galaxy 9000 View Post
    The chapter was out 4 months before that episode aired, and it takes at least 4 months for a single episode to be produced (starting from script writing). That means it probably slipped through because of the production time.
    I wasn’t entirely certain if something like this might have been the case, but I suppose it makes the most sense. So yeah, I guess it was possibly just poor timing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sano View Post
    Collection 13 didn't have ether the Straw Hats or the government flags, it had the Marine flag.
    Huh, so you're right. I could've sworn it had the World Government flag, guess my memory failed me this time.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information