+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 395 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 104 154 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,080 of 7897

Thread: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

So they are doing English versions of the songs, nice

I think that song was always in English.

Quote Originally Posted by RomeIsHome25 View Post
    I think that song was always in English.
    Can anyone confirm for sure? Because I really want to hear Gold and Jive in English and it would be a shame after they did an English version of the Marine song in Film Z

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatCaptainUsopp View Post
    Can anyone confirm for sure? Because I really want to hear Gold and Jive in English and it would be a shame after they did an English version of the Marine song in Film Z
    Yeah. I remember the song being in English already from the camrip I saw.

I'm sure Gold and Jive will be dubbed, tho, because Tesoro and Carina sing it. If characters in-universe sing something, they usually dub it.

It's only when it's a random insert song where they'll leave it untranslated.

Yeah, that was always in English.

True, that bodes well

of The One Piece Podcast Zach Logan's Avatar

Happy to announce that the podcast's very-own Steve Yurko is playing Dr. Fishbonen in One Piece Season 8, Voyage 5 (out today)! https://twitter.com/SteveYurko/statu...70842821697537
    Host and Founder
    The One Piece Podcast

The views expressed are solely my own.

Just got Season 8, Voyage 5. I just can't believe we made it to this part of the series.

Doflamingo continues to be a highlight in the dub with his speech. I'm also continuing liking the voice for Brownbeard for the dub.

Quote Originally Posted by Zach Logan View Post
    Happy to announce that the podcast's very-own Steve Yurko is playing Dr. Fishbonen in One Piece Season 8, Voyage 5 (out today)! https://twitter.com/SteveYurko/statu...70842821697537
    As long as this doesnt conflict with him trying for dellinger
    Chapter 437 Discussion after franky decides to join the Strawhats:
    So who think Usopp is inside that duffelbag?
    H x H Chimera Ant Arc / OP Manga Spoiler
    Spoiler:

Congrats to Steve! His big named-character debut in the role he was born to play...besides Dellinger, of course. ^^

In other good news, the first two DUBBED episodes of post timeskip are up on Funimation for subscribers.
    http://www.funimation.com/shows/one-...-hats-reunited
    http://www.funimation.com/shows/one-...-vs-fake-luffy

The first two episodes of the unannounced season are live? What?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKingJC View Post
    In other good news, the first two DUBBED episodes of post timeskip are up on Funimation for subscribers.
    http://www.funimation.com/shows/one-...-hats-reunited
    http://www.funimation.com/shows/one-...-vs-fake-luffy
    Unfortunately, that's a mistake on the digital team's part it seems. I don't think they're working for anyone.
    I asked FUNimation, and they replied with:
    "We apologize for the confusion. The dubs for Episodes 517 and 518 are not yet available. Our digital team is aware the option to watch them is mistakenly appearing and is working to correct this."

Well, if by any chance somebody can watch them, let us know. At least the "not yet available" part will make people who think the dub is stopping not worry anymore

Hopefully this means we'll see a solicitation for the new season next month. I'm also hoping for Heart of Gold. No idea why they're hanging on to that. You'd think theyd want to get it out before the movie.

Wait, were the episodes actually available by mistake or was the mistake just that it SAID they were available but they really weren't?

IE, even if it was a mistake, was anyone able to actually see the dubbed episodes?

Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884 Click Here to check out my Twitch Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Demon Rin View Post
    Wait, were the episodes actually available by mistake or was the mistake just that it SAID they were available but they really weren't?

IE, even if it was a mistake, was anyone able to actually see the dubbed episodes?
    I believe it just SAYS (they're still up for me) that they're up.

Quote Originally Posted by Muginiz View Post
    Unfortunately, that's a mistake on the digital team's part it seems. I don't think they're working for anyone.
    I asked FUNimation, and they replied with:
    "We apologize for the confusion. The dubs for Episodes 517 and 518 are not yet available. Our digital team is aware the option to watch them is mistakenly appearing and is working to correct this."
    Ah. I was hoping it wasn't a mistake and that we would get two new dub episodes every week or something like that. Oh well.

For those who didn't see the Film Gold clip on Toonami or on their FB page, FUNi uploaded the clip directly on their YouTube account.

Quote Originally Posted by Sano View Post
    Doflamingo continues to be a highlight in the dub with his speech. I'm also continuing liking the voice for Brownbeard for the dub.
    Yes indeed. He even more or less nailed the iconic laugh I think. Well it still needs a little work but he's on the right track. And he definitely has Doffy's attitude down.

Other quick mentions, shout out to Cole Owen Brown on his last and final performance as Blackbeard. Still pretty shocked to hear of his passing and the role won't be the same without him.

Just wanted to also point out that out of the dubbed supernovas Hawkins and Capone continue to impress me the most. Outside of Law of course who was a given.

WOW. I honestly haven't followed the podcast in a long time due to my schedule and other time issues but that's incredible. I assume that means Steve has gotten involved with voice acting then and this isn't just a one time deal? Hmm, makes me think I should at least check in with the podcast here and there...

Gotta say that he did a pretty good job as Fishbone guy. I'm surprised I didn't recognize his voice but that means he's already doing a good job.

Anyway, despite a few nitpicks I've had during Marineford, the flashback material was excellent in the dub and all the post material has been spot-on. I'm definitely hoping season nine starts sooner rather than later but I admit my wallet needs a breather. Also kind of hoping to get some information on some of the pre-timeskip movies and 3D2Y soon.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information