+ Reply to Thread
Page 53 of 395 FirstFirst ... 3 43 51 52 53 54 55 63 103 153 ... LastLast
Results 1,041 to 1,060 of 7889

Thread: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

  1. #1041

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    Quote Originally Posted by Zephray View Post
    So I let her watch it, but we skipped the Aokiji scene. She hadn't even seen Marineford at the time, so Aokiji's limbs and dialogue would've been a huge spoiler.

    They reveal Akainu's position. That's way too big a spoiler, even if I let the you know who thing slide. Guess she'll only see it with me skipping scenes and muting stuff on bluray. Haha. What a pain. Guess I'll go to the theater alone; see you there, ARC-1300.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Has the latest voyage shipped out for anyone? It's due out in five days, yet I haven't heard anything from funi.com.
    i dunno if they reveal Akainu's position outright. He's just in his office, when he gets news about Tesoro and CP-0. But he has his white suit on and everything so it's pretty easy to see he's fleet-admiral.

    Still, that sounds like a pain. Lol skipping stuff in a movie would create confusion no? I mean, Aokiji was featured pretty prominently in Film Z, how did she understand the movie while cutting his scenes out?

    And yes, it seems some people have gotten the voyage already because there are numerous clips on YouTube.

  2. #1042
    Impel Down Lv 5.5 Bitches DPNZ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    New Zealand

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    Quote Originally Posted by RomeIsHome25 View Post
    And yes, it seems some people have gotten the voyage already because there are numerous clips on YouTube.
    I've also got to add to that and say that the people who have received the latest sets, didn't receive them from RightStuf either, since RightStuf have only just got their sets in stock and will probably ship them out starting today. I am guessing that people who did receive their sets must have ordered them from Robert's Anime Corner Store, since they have had this latest voyage in stock since November 29th (Based on the latest update page of the site)
    DPNZ - Now known as ShiningDiamond (Yes! That is a JoJo Reference!)
    To see all the Anime I have watched / dropped and planning to watch - https://myanimelist.net/animelist/ShiningDiamond

  3. #1043

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    Yet another new trailer up on IGN.

  4. #1044

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    Yay, a theater popped up that's literally 10 mins away from me. Gonna refund my other order (which wasn't far away either, really, just 32 mins) and go to this one! I'm so stoked! I'm so so so so so so glad more theaters are popping up. I just hope this does well for them so we can get other potential movies to get theater releases, among other things. Please don't bomb like the Alabasta movie did... I have hope for you, Film Gold.

  5. #1045
    I exist...I guess....
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    A place

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    Funimation now has a Theater Locator on the films official site:

    http://www.funimationfilms.com/movie/onepiecegold/

  6. #1046

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    Now that the full list is out, any updated theater counts?

  7. #1047

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatCaptainUsopp View Post
    Now that the full list is out, any updated theater counts?
    Might not be the full-list yet.

    Anyway, here's the new 30 sec trailer. Could be a tv-spot.


  8. #1048

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    Seems like a good commercial to show during Toonami breaks.

    Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatCaptainUsopp View Post
    Now that the full list is out, any updated theater counts?
    There's no full list yet. Theaters are still being updated.

  9. #1049

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    I'd wager it'll get to probably at least 200 theaters or somewhere in the mid 200s. Just checked the comments on FUNi's YouTube video of the commercial and everyone is excited and has bought/is buying their tickets. I only saw a few dub haters

  10. #1050

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    Quote Originally Posted by Elektrik Dynomite View Post
    I'm going to see Film Gold with 3 of my friends, two of whom are caught up to the manga, but one is reading and only at Skypiea. I figure I'm going to tell him nothing and so things like Haki and characters he hasn't met yet will hopefully go over his head unnoticed. Then when he gets to those parts in the manga he'll understand. Better than telling him and spoiling it. He'll probably be most confused by Luffy's Gear moves and Sanji's fire kicks
    Does he know about ace because if sabo shows up with fire in it, once he gets to TB he'll learn that since they share the same fruit ace will die

    Of course thats a Well known Plot Spoiler, how much else do they know about, the crew etc.
    Chapter 437 Discussion after franky decides to join the Strawhats:
    So who think Usopp is inside that duffelbag?
    H x H Chimera Ant Arc / OP Manga Spoiler
    Spoiler:



  11. #1051

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    Keep in mind that the dub haters aren't representative. The base logic of commenting is that you usually only comment when you have something to say. Most people who like the dub don't feel the urge to post that they like the dub. Dub haters, on the other hand, are typically vocal and definitely tend to share their opinions more.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Hate to be a downer, but does this movie look boring to anyone else? All I'm getting out of these trailers is that they go to Las Vegas and fight somebody.

  12. #1052
    i like john cena and randy playercena5241's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    CUT FROM THE SAME CLOTHES AS STRONG WORLD AND FILM Z.

    Those movies were awsome.

    NEVER GIVE UP.
    STRAGHT EDGE MEANS I BETTER THAN U.

  13. #1053

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    The Funimation Facebook says there will be an exclusive dubbed GOLD clip on Adult Swim tomorrow.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    I actually liked Strong World more than Film Z. And probably Baron O most of all. Though something about Strong World feels to be the most "One Piece" of all the films.

  14. #1054
    Starving Artist Elektrik Dynomite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    At a desk, making something

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    Quote Originally Posted by Long John Silvers Rayleigh View Post
    Does he know about ace because if sabo shows up with fire in it, once he gets to TB he'll learn that since they share the same fruit ace will die

    Of course thats a Well known Plot Spoiler, how much else do they know about, the crew etc.
    He doesn't know anything, other than that Franky and Brook join the crew. I think it might go over his head though, I'm just going to tell him none of it is canon so not to over think it haha and hopefully he will forget by the time he gets to TB

  15. #1055

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    Can someone record the Film Gold preview tonight on Toonami? I'm not going to be near my TV tonight and it would mean a lot

  16. #1056

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    If it's the same situation as Resurrection F, someone will record it and upload it to YouTube.

  17. #1057

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    It was a two minute clip of the crew getting a tour of the island. Nothing great; movie still looks boring to me personally.

  18. #1058
    Stay foxy out there! Kitsune Inferno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Everywhere and Nowhere

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    Oh wow, nice, it's showing at three different theaters in Albuquerque. That's a plus!

  19. #1059
    Ship Surfer The Tenth Strawhat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Gorilla glued to Sunny

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    Quote Originally Posted by Zephray View Post
    I actually liked Strong World more than Film Z. And probably Baron O most of all. Though something about Strong World feels to be the most "One Piece" of all the films.
    It's funny that you say that, because Strong World's story was created by Oda himself. Which is the exact reason why I love Strong World more than Film Z. Although Film Z is on my list of Top 6 favorite One Piece movies.
    The face of a Straw Hat.

  20. #1060

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    https://www.facebook.com/Toonami/vid...4188458538661/

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Quote Originally Posted by The Tenth Strawhat View Post
    It's funny that you say that, because Strong World's story was created by Oda himself. Which is the exact reason why I love Strong World more than Film Z. Although Film Z is on my list of Top 6 favorite One Piece movies.
    I'm not so much biased by who created it; it's just a great film. I go back and forth between whether I like that or Baron more. Baron is great for the opposite reason; one piece through a new pair of eyes with amazing animation.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 4 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 4 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts