+ Reply to Thread
Page 42 of 226 FirstFirst ... 32 40 41 42 43 44 52 92 142 ... LastLast

Thread: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

There is really only one that I can think of.

Spoiler:
    sabo and lucci are in it and fight each other. I also think it mentions that luffy has already defeated doflamingo at this point, not sure if that counts.

That is the only kind of future spoilers that I can think of.

The Sabo spoiler is a big one. The others aren't a deal at all. Hm.

Quote Originally Posted by Metwars View Post
    There is really only one that I can think of.

Spoiler:
    sabo and lucci are in it and fight each other. I also think it mentions that luffy has already defeated doflamingo at this point, not sure if that counts.

That is the only kind of future spoilers that I can think of.
    Spoiler:
    This mostly stuff from the trailer Akuinu is shown in his new role as Fleet Admiral and Koala also shown with Sabo. And of course Sabo and Lucci.

Quote Originally Posted by midod View Post

Glorious.
    3DS FC: 5069-4533-4529

Quote Originally Posted by Zephray View Post
    Anyone see this yet? Any spoilers for dub-only watchers? I had to skip past the Aokiji scenes in Film Z so my girlfriend wouldn't be spoiled.
    Spoiler:
    And isn't Gear Fourth in the movie?

I was almost starting to lose hope, but Funimation delivered. It feels good to know that a One Piece movie will be playing in theaters across North America and Canada. This hasn't happened since Movie 8 in 2008.

Film Gold banner at NYCC
    Spoiler:

Considering that they're showing it dubbed only and the fact that One Piece is their second biggest property, I'm pretty sure this will get a Resurrection F sized release.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGreatCaptainUsopp View Post
    Considering that they're showing it dubbed only and the fact that One Piece is their second biggest property, I'm pretty sure this will get a Resurrection F sized release.
    Which was how big?

Resurrection F was screened in more than 1,000 theaters over its release.
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/pres...release/.91967

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKingJC View Post
    Resurrection F was screened in more than 1,000 theaters over its release.
    http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/pres...release/.91967
    That's DBZ though. Arguably the most popular anime in the US. I doubt Film Gold will get that many screens seeing how One Piece isn't nearly as popular as DBZ over here, but seeing how they're planning to have it show for a full week (as opposed to only 2-3 days) they might get a good amount of theaters. I'm thinking.... like 500-ish.

Quote Originally Posted by RomeIsHome25 View Post
    That's DBZ though. Arguably the most popular anime in the US. I doubt Film Gold will get that many screens seeing how One Piece isn't nearly as popular as DBZ over here, but seeing how they're planning to have it show for a full week (as opposed to only 2-3 days) they might get a good amount of theaters. I'm thinking.... like 500-ish.
    I mean, obviously it won't be in that many theaters but it'll at least be in 800 because One Piece is pretty popular for FUNi as it's like their Number 2 property.

I mean, obviously it won't be in that many theaters but it'll at least be in 800 because One Piece is pretty popular for FUNi as it's like their Number 2 property.
    I'd like to see your proof for that claim. I'm sure OP is one of their top-sellers, but I'm not so sure it's their number 2.

Don't forget they have Fairy Tail and Attack on Titan, as well.

Best part of now living in austin-- absolutely no doubt that it'll play here. :P

Yeah, One Piece is nowhere near DBZ in terms of popularity here, so I think 1000, or even 800 is an optimistic figure. However, I have to no doubt that it'll play in hundreds of theaters. We'll just have to wait and see on this one.

Isn't there supposed to be more OP news coming out of this convention? Today and tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by RomeIsHome25 View Post
    I'd like to see your proof for that claim. I'm sure OP is one of their top-sellers, but I'm not so sure it's their number 2.

Don't forget they have Fairy Tail and Attack on Titan, as well.
    One Piece does more for them than Fairy Tail automatically because One Piece is the one airing on Toonami and Fairy Tale isn't, that's a pretty good indication for how popular it is for them. They'll definitely be trying to put it in tons of theaters, just because it's not DBZ doesn't mean that it can't be in tons of theaters.

One Piece does more for them than Fairy Tail automatically because One Piece is the one airing on Toonami and Fairy Tale isn't, that's a pretty good indication for how popular it is for them. They'll definitely be trying to put it in tons of theaters, just because it's not DBZ doesn't mean that it can't be in tons of theaters.
    There's more to success than a tv airing... especially one that is at the dead of night.

Look, I'm not saying they're not going to try. What I'm questioning is your claim that it's the "number 2" anime FUNi has got... and given your recent post, I see now that was just your assumption and that you don't have actual proof for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephray View Post
    Isn't there supposed to be more OP news coming out of this convention? Today and tomorrow.
    Where did you hear that from???

Sorry guys, I couldn't attend the Funimation panel today - it reached capacity when I got to the line.

I did see a Film Gold poster though.

So I guess we could start guessing who we think is going to voice who in terms of new characters in the dub for the movie:

Carina: Morgan Berry She liked my tweets about FUNi doing the movie way before they announced it and Colleen tweeted at her once about her being amazed by her singing ability so it's very likely that she'll voice Carina.
    Sabo: Bryce Papenbrook He hasn't had a role in One Piece yet but he still does stuff for FUNimation and I think he'd be good for Sabo. If not him then my other choices would be Justin Briner or Clifford Chapin.

That's all I have for now, I need to think about what voices would fit Tesoro, Dice, Mr. Tanaka and Baccarat.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information