+ Reply to Thread
Page 394 of 409 FirstFirst ... 294 344 384 392 393 394 395 396 404 ... LastLast
Results 7,861 to 7,880 of 8180

Thread: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

  1. #7861

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    I listen to the Dub Kaido Clip and i think Kaido is voice by Jason Marnocha

    Here's some my Fancast choices for Future One Piece English Dub Voice Actors
    Kozuki Oden- Kaji Tang
    Katakuri- Steve Blum(I know that choice is impossible) or Joshua Tomar
    Catviper- Jamieson K Price
    Pedro- Crispen Freeman
    Zeus,Prometheus,and Napoleon- SungWon Cho

    Kamen Rider OOOs



  2. #7862

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    You may be right about that, its just really hard to tell cuz Kaido is at like such an extreme end of the spectrum range wise.
    The real arlong park was the friends we made along the way

  3. #7863

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    No ody asked any dub actors at NYCC if strawhat Chase was dubbed?

  4. #7864

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    Even if someone did, they probably wouldn’t be able to answer. Announcements are just weird like that. Like when Stampede was announced for the US Bonney’s VA said something, and she deleted it cuz they technically didn’t announce it was dubbed yet, even though that was a pretty safe thing to assume and later rather nonchalantly acknowledged that it was.
    The real arlong park was the friends we made along the way

  5. #7865

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    Oh, hey, dub-only watchers! You’re able to watch Film Gold and Stampede now! The only things spoiled in those film were in the DR arc, right? Once you’ve seen gear four and Doffy’s defeat, nothing else is spoiled in the movies, so far as I remember. Anyone else remember a spoiler I’m forgetting?

  6. #7866
    Discovered Stowaway Zek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    North Dakota

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    Quote Originally Posted by Zephray View Post
    Oh, hey, dub-only watchers! You’re able to watch Film Gold and Stampede now! The only things spoiled in those film were in the DR arc, right? Once you’ve seen gear four and Doffy’s defeat, nothing else is spoiled in the movies, so far as I remember. Anyone else remember a spoiler I’m forgetting?
    Gold is fine, but there’s still some techniques that show up on Whole Cake Island that might count as spoilers. Also Morgans is there. So depends on how much you consider those real spoilers.

  7. #7867

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    You mean Stampede regards the techniques, right? Is Snakeman in Stampede? I don’t think so. What else besides Morgans is spoiled? I think that’s the only thing.
    Last edited by Zephray; October 10th, 2021 at 09:19 PM.

  8. #7868

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    Quote Originally Posted by Zephray View Post
    Is Snakeman in Stampede? I don’t think so. What else besides Morgans is spoiled? I think that’s the only thing.
    Uh actually snakeman is in stampede lol. Also Luffy’s current county.
    The real arlong park was the friends we made along the way

  9. #7869
    Shipmate Lord Starfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    The middle of nowhere

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    Yeah, [THE THING LUFFY DOES AT THE CLIMAX OF WCI] is in Stampede. Granted, if one hasn't seen [THE THING LUFFY DOES AT THE CLIMAX OF WCI] then its presence in Stampede might not even register as much of a spoiler. It only shows up briefly and it's relatively early in the fight. Looks phenomenal though. I like how [THE THING LUFFY DOES AT THE CLIMAX OF WCI] has only ever appeared in scenes handled by some of Toei's best animators and so it has only ever looked awesome in the anime.

  10. #7870
    Discovered Stowaway Zek's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    North Dakota

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    I didn’t think the bounty got mentioned, but one of Bege’s big techniques is also there.

  11. #7871
    I exist...I guess....
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    A place

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    Quote Originally Posted by Zephray View Post
    Is Snakeman in Stampede? I don’t think so.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zek View Post
    I didn’t think the bounty got mentioned

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hhPoiEg_hpU

  12. #7872
    Starving Artist Elektrik Dynomite's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    At a desk, making something

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    Hawkins also uses his technique from the start of Wano in Stampede, and also Zeus is in the movie for a second

  13. #7873

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    I was really curious about this, someone made a thread of of each appearance of the five elders in the dub to compare their voices, it's really neat! https://twitter.com/devmo93122478/st...44740481507328 . TLDR: Generally just very little consistency, due to them having very minor speaking roles spread very far apart despite their status. They don't even have names yet, so it's hard to cross reference who played who.

    What I find most interesting is that Randy Pearlman very clearly voiced the big mustached one with the birth mark, only to later play the long bearded one. So I think they have a general group of people they know played them, but it's really hard to keep track of who played who and what the voices sound like specifically, so they just kinda wing it. It works, logistically nobody is going to notice. Even I haven't been like "wait they sound different" ever, which ironically was why I was interested in it lol.
    The real arlong park was the friends we made along the way

  14. #7874

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    The Japanese and golden logos managed to sneak onto the placeholder artwork for UK Collection 24. That's not significant or anything, I just thought it was slightly funny.
    Spoiler:

  15. #7875

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    Reminder that the first Dressrosa set came out on December 1st, 2020. Around eleven months to get through the dub of it. Whew.

  16. #7876

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    I know this isnt the place for it but it seems like the Latin American and Brazilian dubs are planned to go on up until MARINEFORD. It seems Akainu has been cast in the Brazilian dub.

    And yes, I know he appears before Marineford, in Robin's Flashback.

    EDIT: To make this post somehow relevant to the Funimation dub, this means Netflix will buy up to until Marineford soon.

  17. #7877

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    I mean yeah that’s pretty relevant info, one piece on netflix is kinda a big deal, but why is this thought exactly? Just seems unlikely to me. In order for Akainu to be cast they’d either have to be 200 episodes ahead dubbing, wise, or recording it super out of order.
    The real arlong park was the friends we made along the way

  18. #7878

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    Quote Originally Posted by Blake Bakes Cakes View Post
    I was really curious about this, someone made a thread of of each appearance of the five elders in the dub to compare their voices, it's really neat! https://twitter.com/devmo93122478/st...44740481507328 . TLDR: Generally just very little consistency, due to them having very minor speaking roles spread very far apart despite their status. They don't even have names yet, so it's hard to cross reference who played who.

    What I find most interesting is that Randy Pearlman very clearly voiced the big mustached one with the birth mark, only to later play the long bearded one. So I think they have a general group of people they know played them, but it's really hard to keep track of who played who and what the voices sound like specifically, so they just kinda wing it. It works, logistically nobody is going to notice. Even I haven't been like "wait they sound different" ever, which ironically was why I was interested in it lol.
    Thanks for sharing that thread.

  19. #7879

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    Quote Originally Posted by Blake Bakes Cakes View Post
    I mean yeah that’s pretty relevant info, one piece on netflix is kinda a big deal, but why is this thought exactly? Just seems unlikely to me. In order for Akainu to be cast they’d either have to be 200 episodes ahead dubbing, wise, or recording it super out of order.
    Because the actor confirmed it. Or does he appear earlier?

  20. #7880

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    His first appearance is in enies lobby. which is still well over 200 episodes later than the end of alabasta. But like, how would you not get in major trouble for just leaking that??
    The real arlong park was the friends we made along the way

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 2 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts