+ Reply to Thread
Page 393 of 410 FirstFirst ... 293 343 383 391 392 393 394 395 403 ... LastLast
Results 7,841 to 7,860 of 8181

Thread: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

Could be a new actor. Not sure really. All I was trying to say is that if it’s the same actor, his new approach is very different and lesser.

I mean weíve said about all we can lol. We can discuss it further when he gets more lines. Sorry if I was rude at any point I just really donít understand how it sounds so different to you honestly.

I know he doesnít speak a ton, but most of our conversations have been over if Ace has been recast, and not how his new voice itself sounds. What are we thinking? For anyone that didnít see I posted a link to the clip on the previous page. Impressed with how similar it is honestly, considering I think Ace is more or less Travisís natural vocir. I think heíll do well, probably not even super noticeable to an average viewer (keeping in mind heís been dead for almost 300 episodes).
    The real arlong park was the friends we made along the way

Yeah i dont think thats Travis but man whoever it is sure does sound close enough.

Sounds like the writer is still working, so hopefully that means they’re also still recording. Would be great to get Zou this year.

https://twitter.com/bikkuriland/stat...510813702?s=21

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

I don’t really care about Ace, honestly. He’ll have like six lines and half an episode in the future. The replacement sounds fine. I always prefer a recast that hews close to the original rather than making the voice completely change. I was happy with Blackbeard and Apoo’s recasts for the same reason.

Kaido is where it’s at this set.

I don’t disagree. I mean it’s disappointing that he had to be recast in the principle, but it’s not as if he has a ton of lines anyways, and it’s a pretty good voice match.

Got Anthony to respond to me about the new voices, apparently theres gonna be an official announcment of some kind https://twitter.com/Bowling4day/stat...02850867507224 .

Also after all that I'm just gonna say I actually think you may have been right Zephray lol. Listening to some of his other lines I think Hawkins might be different. Since Taliesin voiced him so recently I'm betting it's probably a similar situation to Hack, and this is temporary. That being said it took me multiple listens to even notice, so I still don't exactly think it's a grand departure. But in the one objective part about this you were right (I think...).

Here's new Apoo (and Hawkins?) https://twitter.com/OnePieceDubClip/...08907442393110

Rofl. Okay. He sounds super different and I don’t like this new approach. Hopefully, yes, it’ll be more of a Hack situation.

Still don’t understand how you’re getting “new take” from this, but yes I will agree generally he does not sound as good. Although it’s similar enough to me that it does not really upset me to any degree, especially if this is just a one time thing. Sorry I was so insistent I look like an idiot now lol, but before I think I was comparing like two lines that were drastically different so it made it harder to tell. I like to think I usually have a pretty good ear.

Here’s the old voice, to jog your memory. I’m kind of tired of arguing it.

https://youtu.be/lBFWT8gFnHY

I’ve been comparing Zephray. I only brought it up again because yeah, I think he’s probably different, but he still sounds very similar and I don’t know what you’re talking about with the tone thing. That’s all there is to it.

Is he in another episode besides the Kaido one this set? If so, I haven’t listened to that performance.

I like that Kaido has a little flem to his voice! That makes him sound a little unique and different, which is a must! It also reminds us that he’s drunk all the time.

What ever happened with his suicidal tendencies? They went away before he became a major character? Also, I guess that legend of the beast that lives in the sky island that Hawkins mentions doesn’t actually relate to Kaido? Or does it?

Heís not exactly suicidal as much as he wants a like meaningful death, which I assume is why he does stuff like jump from a sky island overÖ just jumping into the ocean. This hasnít been elaborated on that much yet, but itís beyond being suicidal, at least.

Oh also he has a line in 736, the one in the clip I posted. This was actually more telling for me cuz the line is more similar to his usual emotional state, so easier to like pick apart the more subtle aspects of itÖ if that makes sense.

Someone responded to the Apoo clip saying they think its Kellen Goff, and I am actually shocked now that they pointed it out because yeah now Im 99% sure thatís him.
    Last edited by Blake Bakes Cakes; October 8th, 2021 at 04:16 AM.

I exist...I guess....

Almost sounds like he's still recording! "My first batch of episodes." Closest to confirmation that they're recording Zou yet!

That said, even if they're recording Zou, they could still take a break since they like to get ahead.

Looking at some of the stuff he said, unless he was like priorly a one piece fan, they like absolutely have to be recording zou. Cuz like he’s talking abt this being his biggest role yet and such, and I don’t know howd to get that from 1 line lol. Like obviously you’re told stuff about your character before you record them, but it is at leastheavily implied here.

Have to say I’ve really been loving the racial diversity in this cast as of late. Like obviously it should be a big deal but we’ve had some pretty big roles played by black people recently and I find that pretty neat, not the mention they actually got a lot of hispanic people for dressrosa. It’s nice.

To address the ELEPHANT (*cricket noises*) in the room, his name is absolutely glorious. Like genuinely. People aren’t usually named Bill, he stuck with that name for the alliteration, and I respect that.

Oh wait, he thanks both Mike and Anthony for their direction. Mike directed all of voyage 9, so there you go.

“who the hells the dragon behind us?” http://https://twitter.com/onepiecea...928513541?s=21

I mean, when he got the role, they told him he’s the primary antagonist for the entire arc. So I wouldn’t look into his knowledge there too much.

I mean yeah, that’s not hard evidence or anything, just sorta suggests it, but regardless I think the director thing is more telling anyways lol. He even specifically says thanks for the “great direction”, which implies he has worked with both specially over them simply both being responsible for his casting.

Yeah, that’s pretty good confirmation for me. Best we have yet, anyways. But as I said, it doesn’t mean we aren’t getting a break between seasons.

We’ll see, though! I’ll certainly make this set last as long as I can.

I mean yeah, no exactly hard proof either way, just speculation. Was just saying they’ve definitely at least recorded a bit of it. I think this is the first time I’ve actually gotten like actual information from fixating on how a tweet is worded lol. Makes me feel like a genius.

Kind odd that Anthony said there would be cast announcements soon and then… Bill Butts just kinda announced it. Like, I would assume he meant Funimation or Toei directly. Cuz otherwise… why didn’t he himself? Almost wonder if they actually get official go-a heads to post tweets, and if they don’t have a twitter tough luck you won’t ever be credited.
    Last edited by Blake Bakes Cakes; October 8th, 2021 at 06:43 PM.

I don’t think there was any coordination. The Jack actor rightfully jumped the gun on the announcement. It’s fucked that the episodes are out and watched before the voices are announced.

Actor abuse like this is literally the reason unions exist.

I mean there has to some reason Anthony didn’t, but yeah. Completely agree with you on that front. Dubbing work already notoriously underpays, the least you can do is fucking credit your actors. Not to mention the credits to these episodes don’t even credit most of the people that actually produced the original episode either. Usually when something shitty like this happens, there is at least something clear they can gain from it, but it literally just looks like toei went “Hey can you stop crediting all these people? Thanks.” Also yeah have no doubt it’s Toei because Funi at least have the common decency to credit on all their other anime, and only stopped for one piece once toei became more involved.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information