+ Reply to Thread
Page 390 of 409 FirstFirst ... 290 340 380 388 389 390 391 392 400 ... LastLast
Results 7,781 to 7,800 of 8179

Thread: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

  1. #7781

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    Quote Originally Posted by J-Sack View Post
    This just comes off as extremely entitled and spoiled.

    Mishaps happen all the time, especially when it is multiple companies coordinating. From my understanding of how digital works, it won't even be available on FUNimation's own site for a couple of weeks. Also, expecting things the second a clock hits a number is crazy in the digital space. So many things could happen. Anyhoo, there are multiple variables for how it gets rolled out, but sure, blame a particular one. Does it suck? Sure. Is it vital? Not really.
    It would be entitled if say, there was like something that got in the way or whatever. This is not the case. I also need to clarify that obviously I am aware that yes whoever was in charge of this was probably just over worked person that does not deserve shit, but these are basic things for a company to do, and shilling for them and calling me entitled for… expecting a release date is kinda ludicrous.


    Also yes it has only been a few hours, but going off of last time this is going to take days to fix if not weeks. Tell you what if they’re all posted by the end of the 5th I’ll eat my words. As it stands I payed $18 expecting to purchase 14 episodes, and received one, with no confirmation as of yet if I’ll even get everything I paid for. That is shitty no matter how you look at it. I have every right to be upset over this.
    The real arlong park was the friends we made along the way

  2. #7782

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    On the Microsoft Store, on the page... at least before purchase... it says "1 episode" in the details. So, if just purchased (I don't know if you could pre-purchase), the issue was apparent before a transaction was made. Read before you buy if that is the case.

  3. #7783

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    Quote Originally Posted by J-Sack View Post
    On the Microsoft Store, on the page... at least before purchase... it says "1 episode" in the details. So, if just purchased (I don't know if you could pre-purchase), the issue was apparent before a transaction was made. Read before you buy if that is the case.
    Are you kidding me. WOW BOLD ASSUMPTION that… the episodes they said I would get in the announcement…. would be there when I bought it??? You know, the 2 things labeled “Season 11 Voyage 9”. That is not some gotcha. I should not have to read into every little detail, it is inherently misleading. It is labeled as a “season”, the episode included is literally labeled “12”. Everything except the text “1 episode” very clearly implies that it is more than 1 episode.

    Oh also, when they’re first added it takes a few minutes to load, a lot of them time when I buy these voyages it’ll say 0 episodes but then all of the proper episodes appear. I just have a little thing called common sense and assume that I’m getting what is implied, and usually, I do. Literally 90% of the issue is from the fact you pay full price for 1 episode, and I would not be nearly as upset if it didn’t release at all yet.
    The real arlong park was the friends we made along the way

  4. #7784

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    Hey, if common sense leads ya to these situations, power to ya.

    Anyhoo, seems like a Microsoft store thing more than a FUNimation thing.

  5. #7785

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    I mean… okay? What does that change exactly? I don’t even remember if I specifically named Funimaton or not. If anything that literally makes it worse. Microsoft is… Microsoft?? You’re telling me, I should not expect the multi billion dollar corporation, to remember to include everything that should be in a release because, boohoo it’s hard to release things?

    Either way I think FUNI/TOEI ARE to blame because… they still work with this storefront. One piece is the only show released like this. The streaming service of the people dubbing it doesn’t even have it first. Quite frankly they’re exploiting people. They have a drought for 2 years and now people like me are desperate for it, so will happily pay way more for it than any other show, only for them to still care so little that they can’t even have the episodes included, and if anything like last time it will literally take a week to get what we were promised.

    I just don’t know in what world my expectations are unrealistic or entitled. This is the only instance I’ve seen of anything even remotely like this, from brands of such size at least. They drive up hype everywhere and then can’t even make sure 99% of the content is there on the day they anticipated. Pretty wack in my book. Once again if it’s released by the end of the day I will take back most of what I’ve said but I’m just talking from the frankly awful experience from the last time this happened.
    The real arlong park was the friends we made along the way

  6. #7786

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    Quote Originally Posted by Elektrik Dynomite View Post
    Considering they are calling it “Mugiwara” Chase specifically in the official press release, I suspect they will not be dubbing it
    That's Toei's English name for it. A lot of the older movies have unnatural-sounding title translations on the Toei USA website, and those are the names used by Manga UK and the "Big Green" Dragon Ball dub. It is a tad concerning that "Mugiwara" has made it into the press release.

  7. #7787

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    I lean towards agreeing with Blake here, though he’s definitely being over dramatic. They should release the episodes on time; I doubt we’ll get them for days or weeks. But I hope they do go up today. Huge bummer because I’ve been very hyped for Kaido, Jack, and Zou.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Also, yeah it’s really dumb that the short isn’t called “Straw Hat Chase” in America. I think “Mugiwara Chase” implies it isn’t dubbed, even if that’s not the case.

    Isn’t it difficult to dub CGI? The lip flaps are always weird to match. Maybe they decided not to dub it? Guess we’ll see on release day; they’re not a communicative company, so I doubt we’ll know before then.

  8. #7788

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    There is no law that say lip flaps have to match. That being said Im pretty sure movie 11 is just standard lip flaps, no complex movements, so that wouldnt be an issue. I also still fail to see how its title has any effect on it getting a dub, its just a toei thing. It was literally called that officially way before we got word of an official release.
    The real arlong park was the friends we made along the way

  9. #7789

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    Anyone try reaching out to let Microsoft or Funimation or Toei know?

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Quote Originally Posted by Blake Bakes Cakes View Post
    There is no law that say lip flaps have to match. That being said Im pretty sure movie 11 is just standard lip flaps, no complex movements, so that wouldnt be an issue. I also still fail to see how its title has any effect on it getting a dub, its just a toei thing. It was literally called that officially way before we got word of an official release.
    I’m saying that an untranslated title implies an undubbed film. When foreign films come to the states, they often get translated titles. Same goes for the prior one piece specials, which had translated titles.

  10. #7790

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    Quote Originally Posted by Zephray View Post
    Anyone try reaching out to let Microsoft or Funimation or Toei know?

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---



    I’m saying that an untranslated title implies an undubbed film. When foreign films come to the states, they often get translated titles. Same goes for the prior one piece specials, which had translated titles.
    And what I'm saying is that toei has referred to it as that for years, and it would literally make no sense cuz mugiwara isn't used in the subs either. Toei also insists on using terms like nakama. They're infamously weird like this. It doesn't mean anything. They've been referring to it with that title for years, your argument would only make sense if they suddenly started calling it mugiwara chase for this release, which is not true.
    The real arlong park was the friends we made along the way

  11. #7791

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    I’m not talking about Toei’s naming conventions. I’m talking about how the average individual will perceive an untranslated title. It’s a very fair assumption that most people will think the untranslated title means an untranslated/undubbed film.

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Also, I don’t know what you’re saying about Toei “always using the Mugiwara Chase title.” This is the first time the title has been mentioned in any capacity in the states. In Japan, check out this poster, which does not use the English title “Adventures of Nebulandia.” That’s because they translated the title when it came to the states, as one tends to do. They easily could’ve named it “Straw Hat Chase” similar to how they change the special names from Japanese to English.

    https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/on...20151109032303

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Quote Originally Posted by Blake Bakes Cakes View Post
    I mean… okay? What does that change exactly? I don’t even remember if I specifically named Funimaton or not. If anything that literally makes it worse. Microsoft is… Microsoft?? You’re telling me, I should not expect the multi billion dollar corporation, to remember to include everything that should be in a release because, boohoo it’s hard to release things?

    Either way I think FUNI/TOEI ARE to blame because… they still work with this storefront. One piece is the only show released like this. The streaming service of the people dubbing it doesn’t even have it first. Quite frankly they’re exploiting people. They have a drought for 2 years and now people like me are desperate for it, so will happily pay way more for it than any other show, only for them to still care so little that they can’t even have the episodes included, and if anything like last time it will literally take a week to get what we were promised.

    I just don’t know in what world my expectations are unrealistic or entitled. This is the only instance I’ve seen of anything even remotely like this, from brands of such size at least. They drive up hype everywhere and then can’t even make sure 99% of the content is there on the day they anticipated. Pretty wack in my book. Once again if it’s released by the end of the day I will take back most of what I’ve said but I’m just talking from the frankly awful experience from the last time this happened.
    I wouldn’t mind the mistakes if they were communicative. What annoys me is that they’ll let us know if MHA has a slight simuldub delay, but OP gets none of the same courtesies.

  12. #7792
    Shipmate Lord Starfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    The middle of nowhere

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    This is fairly tangential, but I have to wonder if said Toei titles are also the reason why that recent Digimon movie was released in the US as "Digimon Adventure: Last Evolution Kizuna" rather than, y'know, not having a Japanese word in the title that also happens to be like the biggest arc word in the entire movie and thus a word that really really should be translated so that the title will actually make sense to English audiences... Was it really that hard to use "Bonds" instead?
    ...If that is indeed what happened there, then the use of "Mugiwara" in the title here might not mean anything for the translation of the movie itself. I mean it really shouldn't. The dub has used "Straw Hat Luffy" since forever.

  13. #7793

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    Toei makes weird decisions, huh?

  14. #7794

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    The Japanese poster and DVD have "Mugiwara Chase" written in small English text on the bottom of the logo. Toei seems to have always considered that its English name.
    I think the reasonable conclusion here is that Funimation hasn't localised the title, which could mean that Toei's putting out a subtitled version without them or that they no longer allow Funimation to re-title the movies.

    If it is dubbed, I expect that (like the Unlimited Adventure cutscenes) there will be places where the syllables visibly don't match the English dialogue. Their mouths aren't just opening and closing like the regular anime. Hopefully a dubbed disc is coming and I can mux English audio onto the 3D Blu-ray.

  15. #7795

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    Hah! They posted a s11v9 release Twitter post, only to delete it minutes later. Guess they've realized the problem, at least!

  16. #7796

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    Quote Originally Posted by Zephray View Post
    I wouldn’t mind the mistakes if they were communicative. What annoys me is that they’ll let us know if MHA has a slight simuldub delay, but OP gets none of the same courtesies.
    I wonder how MHA does for them compared to One Piece. Both in regards to traffic and profit. Sadly, most of the times I see people talk about One Piece on other sites/discord, fans say fansub sites or "One Pace" still get recommended.
    Last edited by J-Sack; October 5th, 2021 at 02:27 PM.

  17. #7797

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    I can't believe mha would be more popular then op in the states. Op aired dubbed on kids tv for a decent amount of time.

  18. #7798

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    Okay so now that my initial anger and disappointment has mostly subsided, I will say that maybe saying it took a week to fix last time is a bit misleading. It only took them a day to update it! But… the 6th episode was still missing, and it took a week for them to care enough to fix it again. So, optimistically, if they managed to not royally screw up again we could get the rest tomorrow. I would appreciate, literally any acknowledgment of this, however. Oh yeah also it seems they can only update things once a day, within 20 minutes after 3AM (EST).

    --- Update From New Post Merge ---

    Still won’t give us on update on actual content but don’t you worry they’ll tell what luffy wears!! http://https://twitter.com/onepiecea...359003653?s=21
    Last edited by Blake Bakes Cakes; October 5th, 2021 at 03:47 PM.
    The real arlong park was the friends we made along the way

  19. #7799

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    Even though they may not do a simuldub, it would be cool if they dubbed episode 1000 as a simuldub.

  20. #7800

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    Welp, looking like we're gonna have to wait at least another day! Assuming we're waiting for anything! Because they literally refuse to acknowledge this or update us!
    The real arlong park was the friends we made along the way

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 5 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 4 guests)

  1. Onepieceanimefan23

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts