+ Reply to Thread
Page 389 of 409 FirstFirst ... 289 339 379 387 388 389 390 391 399 ... LastLast
Results 7,761 to 7,780 of 8177

Thread: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

Quote Originally Posted by Zephray View Post
    Someone mentioned Paul St Peter and I looked him up (Kurama in Naruto). The voice sounded right, though idk about his acting since I only watched a second.
    He’s also Xemnas in Kingdom Hearts, so cross the monstrosity of Kurama with the more grandiose goals of Xemnas and that’s sorta Kaido. He was also Wormon in Digimon, which doesn’t have anything to do with this role, I just always liked Wormon when I was a kid.
    Last edited by Zek; October 4th, 2021 at 09:24 AM.

Mugiwara Chase is premiering alongside Strong World in theaters! Hopefully dubbed.

https://twitter.com/onepieceanime/st...442320390?s=21

Sadly, I won't be able to make either of those showings. I do hope Mugiwara Chase gets a disc release or something.

I’m not sure how they would release it, considering it’s length. Hopefully they’ll include it when they do another film release. Also, does anyone know if this will be dubbed? I assume so, but who knows considering they released the Chopper film without a dub.

While Straw Hat Chase is an odd choice to release, I am glad this at least means the thing will get a somewhat competent translation, probably. From what I could tell the translation status for that thing is currently dire. It's an extremely basic story and yet the existing fansubs still managed to royally eff it up.

I wish they could just… confirm if straw hat chase is dubbed or not. Would be most of my reason for seeing it TBH.
    The real arlong park was the friends we made along the way

Same. I’ve seen SW like ten times. It’s my favorite, but idk if I would’ve payed to see it. I’ve never seen MC subbed, so I’ll be happy to see it either but would but prefer it dubbed of course.

They’re advertising this as the first time SW has been in theaters. Is that true? Why would they have skipped it the first time? I don’t remember.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Man, I’m so excited for Kaido tomorrow. I’ll probably watch the Zou episode early, too; I’m excited to see the crew on Zou even if only for a few minutes.

Part of me just wants them to royally screw it up for comedic value. Like Vic is white listed again specifically to voice a kaido

I believe Episode of Alabasta, Gold, and Stampede are the only movies that have screened in U.S. theaters to some capacity. I'm willing to go to a theater that's not too far away to see Mugiwara Chase if it's dubbed.

Starving Artist Elektrik Dynomite's Avatar

Considering they are calling it “Mugiwara” Chase specifically in the official press release, I suspect they will not be dubbing it

Quote Originally Posted by Elektrik Dynomite View Post
    Considering they are calling it “Mugiwara” Chase specifically in the official press release, I suspect they will not be dubbing it
    That doesn’t make any sense though. They don’t use mugiwara in the subtitles either.

This just in guys! All the competent and non-awful writers and translators have been fired and replaced with totes kawaii desu ne cho kawaii weaboos.

I would joke about nakama being used officially but that’s actually happened.

Oh no. Nonononono. That's just the start Mon Ami. The new dub for Mugiwara Theater promises to be a weabooish in new and exciting ways in fact I can just see the disclaimer for the DVD.

Woohoo! Today we launch! This is the section of the dub that I hope everyone will find cho kawaii desu ne. Not just weabooish in the same old sucking way either, Funimation's Wan Pisu promises to weaboo in new and exciting ways. We have spent years in the field of researching Nihongo. To you, our audience, we make this one pledge, above all else - we shall not fail to suck!

... No need to ban me. I'm done trolling.

I was listening to the trailer, and yeah, Daman Mills could’ve used that voice for Kaido. Ah well.

This is the luckiest post in the entire thread.

Speculation time! For the next batch of episodes, I can see FUNi going with two possible scenarios.

Scenario 1-

Season 12: Silver Mine Arc, Zou Arc, Marine Rookie Arc - 3 voyages (36 episodes)
    Season 13: Whole Cake Island, Reverie Arc - 8-to-9 voyages (107 episodes)

Scenario 2-

Season 12: Silver Mine Arc, Zou Arc - 3 voyages (33 episodes)
    Season 13: Marine Rookie Arc, Whole Cake Island Arc, Reverie Arc - 8-to-10 voyages (110 episodes)

Scenario 1 is looking like the most probable.

We already know how it’s divided, funimations season ordering was updated recently. Your first scenario is correct.

Voyage is out. Has one episode. One. Singular. Episode. Why do I expect anything else.

Honestly I can not fully express how I feel right now. I’ll just simply say I waited all day for this, set out time specifically for it, only for funimation to fuck up RELEASING SOMETHING when they SAID THEYD RELEASE IT. Last time we had like at least half the episodes and it took a week to fix, can’t wait to hear dub kaido in 2 fucking months.

This just comes off as extremely entitled and spoiled.

Mishaps happen all the time, especially when it is multiple companies coordinating. From my understanding of how digital works, it won't even be available on FUNimation's own site for a couple of weeks. Also, expecting things the second a clock hits a number is crazy in the digital space. So many things could happen. Anyhoo, there are multiple variables for how it gets rolled out, but sure, blame a particular one. Does it suck? Sure. Is it vital? Not really.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information