+ Reply to Thread
Page 388 of 410 FirstFirst ... 288 338 378 386 387 388 389 390 398 ... LastLast
Results 7,741 to 7,760 of 8192

Thread: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

Quote Originally Posted by Zephray View Post
    I

Once someone finds evidence that they’re all still recording, then I’ll have hope again. Until then, I expect a break. They’ve been slamming these out and probably need to slow down again either to get ahead in production again or cast a ton more characters. Or, yes, worse case scenario stop dubbing for a while while they catch up on other shows.
    Haven’t we like, gone over this though? Like no zou itself hasn’t been mentioned but like, they’re clearly still recording

If you want something specific, if you calculate what sunny has said he’s recorded, he would have to be recording zou episodes. He posted a picture where you can see him recording 734 through 738, 5 episodes. When he later said he recorded 3 episodes without screaming, he replied to a comment saying he screamed a lot in the previous 6 episode session. So, assuming he’s not like misremembering something, he would’ve recorded to st lest 747. Not to mention I’m pretty sure Usopp doesn’t appear at all in some of the silver mine episodes.

Once again I feel like if they wanted to focus on other shows they would of given up on one piece after the pandemic anyways. Like Id doubt they’d go all full throttle just to take this huge break after dressrosa. You’d think they’d just, dub it at a slower pace and have to breaks if they wanted that. Like there’s no point in going fast if you’re just gonna throw the time away.

As for Kaido voice concerns, my only real one is I feel like he should have enough age to him. He’s pushing 60. And like if you’re worried about him sounding like a generic tough guy… isn’t that how you already described his character? Like don’t get me wrong I like kaido, probably more than you do, but being the biggest beefiest dude is just kinda… his thing.
    The real arlong park was the friends we made along the way

Iíve been pulling for Paul St. Peter for the big guy. Also really hoping SungWon Cho gets a part soon. Gotta be at least one Charlotte child he can be.

Starving Artist Elektrik Dynomite's Avatar

Sungwon would be great as Pedro, he can even do the same voice he did for the Jaguar character in Aggretsuko!

But I think he'd also be great as Oven or Daifuku, maybe even Perospero or Vito. But actually, I think he would be perfect as Zeus, Prometheus, and Napoleon!

Now I’m just thinking of him saying “yes, mama” in his “it’s Effie voice” and now I think I need more as one of those homies.

Okay so I’ve thought about this a lot but don’t remember talking about it here, if I’m repeating myself I apologize. Ace gets a a brief new line this set, and while I really want Travis to still play him, and he’s been surprisingly dedicated to him up to this point, it has been years. It’s been so long since he last recorded Ace that it’s possible, if not likely, the situation has changed. Hell he even failed to reprise knuckles in team sonic racing. I feel like we should at least be considering the possibility of a recast.

Dude, Ace will have many lines in the future, you are making a big deal out of nothing. They will keep Travis since he still has much work to do in Wano.

You seem to be misunderstanding, if he doesn’t return it would not be by funimation nor the directors decision. He is a huge VA and fully union, so he could easily refuse to return or his union could very possibly not let him. It’s not that they would simply not care about keeping such a major characters voice the same.

You should have said that then. I thought it was just that he would be increasingly minor from here on out. But I guess that could have been obvious to an English speaking fan who follows dub news. So meh.

I mean no offense Krupp, but most people here know this, so I just didn’t feel the need to clarify initially.

I know its fine. I know a bit about unions but not which actors are in the union or not. You are cool too.

A few people have suggested that Jamieson Price, would be a good kaido and… I’m inclined to agree. He has a really good deeper range https://www.behindthevoiceactors.com/Jamieson-Price/

Quote Originally Posted by Blake Bakes Cakes View Post
    Okay so Iíve thought about this a lot but donít remember talking about it here, if Iím repeating myself I apologize. Ace gets a a brief new line this set, and while I really want Travis to still play him, and heís been surprisingly dedicated to him up to this point, it has been years. Itís been so long since he last recorded Ace that itís possible, if not likely, the situation has changed. Hell he even failed to reprise knuckles in team sonic racing. I feel like we should at least be considering the possibility of a recast.
    Crazy that you mention this and I've been pondering who could be a good replacement for Travis if they can't get him to reprise Ace, I think Robbie Dramond would be a good fit (tho he was my initial replacement choice for Sabo before JYB was announced) or how bout Bryce Papenbrook? And i would love to hear Jameison as Kaido

Oh yeah I mostly want him back for the sake of consistency and such, but if they HAD to there are certainely a ton of people that could do a good job, Ace isn't exactly the most difficult character to cast.

Isnt Travis able to record from home now??, if so i think he can easily reprise the role since its not a lot of lines he has to record.

It isn't about that either. He's recorded from seperate studios most of the time for one piece anyways. He is a big name, in a union. Once again, he quite literally may not be allowed to. I'm not saying this is garunteed or anything, they've managed to get him in the past, but since it's been a few years things could have very well changed and thats a possibility we need to prepare for.

They'll bring in new Funimation VA Wravis Tillingham, a man with the ability to match Ace's old voice perfectly. I hear he's good friends with David Gray.

That joke is funny but doesn’t work as well when the show literally refuses to credit the actors so they wouldn’t need a pseudonym anyways.

Someone mentioned Paul St Peter and I looked him up (Kurama in Naruto). The voice sounded right, though idk about his acting since I only watched a second.

Anyway, I trust Mike to get it right. He’s not a hard character to cast; I just hope they get a bigger name with a little more talent behind them. The tone is easy to get right; it’s good acting that will elevate the character for me, as it does with some other characters like Bart and Cavendish.

Do you all expect them to make announcements of episode batch chunks being dubbed or do you all think they will just keep spitting out dub release consistently from now on with no breaks since Toei is apparently funding the dub.

I can’t tell what you’re trying to ask. If you mean if there’s gonna be a break after dressrosa we’ve already discussed that enough, but if you just mean like whether they will announce future season acquisitions, then no. a they haven’t done that in forever. They realize that it’s been going on so long the general public assume the dub will always continue… eventually, regardless of what they do or do not own.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information