+ Reply to Thread
Page 387 of 409 FirstFirst ... 287 337 377 385 386 387 388 389 397 ... LastLast
Results 7,721 to 7,740 of 8177

Thread: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

This episode title screen remarks reminds me in why certain 4kids dubs had title card screens while others didn't.

I like Crackhouse. lol

Woot woot! Dressrosa finale next Tuesday! 10/5

https://twitter.com/onepieceanime/st...709019145?s=21

Surreal. Now processing that dressrosa is actually gonna end.
    The real arlong park was the friends we made along the way

Anyone see any hints online about them dubbing season twelve? I hope they are and haven’t taken a break. Another hiatus would suck, though it’s nice they’ve kept us fed for the past year an a half now.

Well no hard evidence but like, they’re really not hyping up the fact that this is the end of an 118 episode arc too much are they? I feel like there would be a bigger deal made. There’s really just no reason for them to. I feel like if they didn’t wanna work on it nonstop they would’ve just halted production when covid came along. The only thing supporting them taking them breaks is them taking a few breaks… over the 14 years this dub has taken. The only time breaks were really frequent was fishman island and we seem to be in a very different place from then. I really wouldn’t stress about it, zou is undoubtably coming. I think you might just have punk hazard ptsd lol.

Well I guess we get to hear Kaido next week, awesome.

I think the last hint we might have gotten was Sonny saying he recorded some episodes where Usopp doesn’t scream, but that could be part of the Dressrosa cool down.

Kaidooooooo. That’s what I’m most excited for this set. Most of the rest is pretty bland wrap up.

I definitely have Punk Hazard PTSD. I lean toward believing there’s a break until I’m proven otherwise. Will definitely ration this set a little harder than usual.

I mean I wouldn’t call it bland exactly, but it’s a bit slow and yeah getting voices for Kaido and Jack is definitely gonna be the highlight.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Oh yeah, Apoo also. Still just… so weird that he’s gone. Gonna be really weird cuz most of his lines here are like really short and reactionary. Anybody anyone would like to see as him?

We get Jack's voice this set, too?

Did anyone ever put up any guesses for who Kaido will be voiced by? I don't really care that much for him as a villain (seems rather bland strongman, not much motivation and character development yet), but he's obviously a huge part in OP, so I'm super excited to see who voices him.

Yup, he tries to retrieve Doffy from the marines in 746 remember? Only like a line or two, but he's there.

Most random trivial thing ever, but I was adding voyage 9 to the wiki (I don't normally edit on there but they're slow to add dub stuff so I just go ahead and go it myself) and I discovered that Funimation's official title for 746 is "The Numerous Rivals Struggle Amongst Themselves! The Raging Monsters of the New World", which apart from being like the longest title in the series I think, is punctuated differently.

What I mean is ever since like... impel down? all episode titles have not been punctuated properly and always have exlcamation points after each sentence, which isnt the case in the original.746 breaks this by having none for the second sentence (although the first exclamation point isn't in the original either...) and immediately goes back to normal afterwards. This was most likely just a typo on someones part, but I wonder if its gonna carry over to the dub title card.

The dub managed to complete Dressrosa within a year which is so awesome considering, i was dreading this would be where the dub would take man breaks and possibly years to complete. I feel like we been eating too good with both Punk Hazard and Dressrosa complete, im thinking we may have to wait a good bit for Zou and Punk Hazard.

I mean, again, theres no reason for that other than.... you feel like it. Like theres no evidence, they've gone on way longer production periods without stopping so I don't know what makes this different. I'm not saying it's impossible, and who knows maybe I'm jinxing it, but I don't think this is much more likely than say a break between punk hazard and dressrosa was.

That being said I can't wait until after zou and they give us PUNK HAZARD 2 BAYBEEEEEEEEEEE

Maybe my imagination is lacking right now but its hard for me to picture Kaido in english with any other voice than the one Daman Mills provided for Bullet, which looking back almost has me wishing that they saved him for Kaido. Then again there's nothing stopping them from taking Kaido in another direction like they did for Whitebeard, which, I wouldn't mind too much, but I know sub watchers would complain into oblivion that the voice doesn't match the sub even if the acting and emotion is great.
    New World is best world.

Personally if we're talking about pre-existing voices, while Daman as Bullet would work, I'd really like Chris Guerreros Hajrudin. That voice is like exactly what I'd want for Kaido.

Lunchlady Doris: Here you go! Chris Rager again!

lol sorry. Couldnt resist.

Chris Rager as big mom.

I feel like there’s a big risk he’ll sound generic and dumb. I’m really hoping they get a significant actor for Kaido—someone who can deliver a really great performance and isn’t run of the mill “big, tough guy.”

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by Blake Bakes Cakes View Post
    I mean, again, theres no reason for that other than.... you feel like it. Like theres no evidence, they've gone on way longer production periods without stopping so I don't know what makes this different. I'm not saying it's impossible, and who knows maybe I'm jinxing it, but I don't think this is much more likely than say a break between punk hazard and dressrosa was.

That being said I can't wait until after zou and they give us PUNK HAZARD 2 BAYBEEEEEEEEEEE
    Have they gone on “way longer production periods”? PH and DR must be up there. I feel like there used to consistently be a break between seasons—albeit not always a very long one.

Once someone finds evidence that they’re all still recording, then I’ll have hope again. Until then, I expect a break. They’ve been slamming these out and probably need to slow down again either to get ahead in production again or cast a ton more characters. Or, yes, worse case scenario stop dubbing for a while while they catch up on other shows.

I hope the dub can reach a point where it's only a year or half a year behind the original.

I personally think Dan Green would make a great Kaido

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information