+ Reply to Thread
Page 380 of 410 FirstFirst ... 280 330 370 378 379 380 381 382 390 ... LastLast
Results 7,581 to 7,600 of 8192

Thread: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

Quote Originally Posted by Blake Bakes Cakes View Post
    Once again, the thicker case is not the issue, it’s the spine. You say “if the spine was proportional it would look bad!”, but there is clearly a bunch of extra space on top of doffy on the giant character image,
    Yes, in THIS case you could chop a little off the top, and be left with a rectangle instead of a square. What does that do to the next volume? And the one after that? What does it do when they re-release older sets in the new case size?
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    What does it do when they re-release older sets in the new case size?
    I doubt they'll do that, if nothing else because retailers would surely want their stock to take up as little space as possible. I don't think that reprints of a near-decade old product in larger, less standardised packaging would really appeal.
    The most obvious explanation is simply that you can't hold more than six discs in a 14mm case without crappily stacking the discs on top of each other.

You're assuming a re-release would have the exact same content.

They'd obviously repackage it to resell it, like combining 2 sets at a time. Volume 1 AND 2. Just look at how the manga handles things. Keeps the numbering intact but bigger cheaper package. Heck, that's ALREADY what they're doing compared to the original releases that I got a million years ago, the current packaging doesn't match my original sets at all, or the numbering. I started getting it with the season sets and liked that design way better, with the gold lettering on the wood backdrop, and they haven't done those since Alabasta..

They'll eventually have to do SOMETHING to sell it again given the series has dozens of releases and a bazilllion episodes. Dragonball as long as it is can consistently be sold in about 9 sets, One Piece is just impossible for anyone that hasn't already been getting it all along.
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

Frankly I just highly doubt that’s gonna happen, I have no idea what your point is though. You could literally just move the doflamingo image up and the border down and it would look good, in fact better cuz there’s just a bunch of empty space above doffy. I have no idea why you’re acting like itd be a big ordeal
    The real arlong park was the friends we made along the way

Quote Originally Posted by Blake Bakes Cakes View Post
    Once again, the thicker case is not the issue, it’s the spine. You say “if the spine was proportional it would look bad!”, but there is clearly a bunch of extra space on top of doffy on the giant character image, and the bottom portion is so close to being the same size. It would’ve been totally possible for them to line up.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

hmm… *checks every remaining dressrosa and zou episode* https://twitter.com/sonnystrait/stat...936256516?s=21
    Can we confirm they’re recording Zou? I’m just nervous about negotiations taking long between each arc. I’m really hoping we don’t get any hiatuses because of season negotiations.

I wouldn’t worry about that. Since toeis directly funding it now they most likely have access to everything. Even if they don’t, it’s all but confirmed they only make the season separations when they have stuff licensed. So they should at least have access to everything pre-wano. It’s hard to say that he was recording exactly cuz really both late dressrosa and zou in its entirely are comparitively more relaxed, although they are also some of the fuzziest portions of the story for me so I may be wrong. The only scenes I can think of where he screams a bunch are the Ryonosuke scene and the Raizo is safe scene. If I HAD to guess it’s probably zou? Cuz like for one just from where we are release wise I really don’t think they would have much if anything of dressrosa left to record, and I imagine he has some loud scenes cuz of fujitora?

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    You're assuming a re-release would have the exact same content.
    I mean, yeah. I misinterpreted what you said as "they'll probably reprint Collections 1-26 in thicker cases and then they'll all match". Even so, I don't see why a hypothetical multi-collection release would need to use the same template.
    I not really convinced that they couldn't have worked around the wider aspect ratio of the spine image, but it's hardly the end of the world. And they still line up much more neatly than the Doctor Who (2005+) sets.

Yeah, they’re dubbing Zou now. No way they’re still in DR when they were only a few episodes from done a month ago. They’ve got to be probably a set or so into Zou.

The real tell will be when Vale, Sinclair, or Luci say they’re recording.

IINM, Sonny Strait lives in Connecticut now, and records from home. Not sure how that affects the order in which the director(s) go to him to get episodes dubbed.

Most were already recording from home, so au don’t think it really changes anything.

Yeah, he just put up yesterday that he recorded 3 Usopp episodes without any blood-curdling screams.

11.5 Physical release coming Nov 09
    https://shop.funimation.com/home-vid...BLD-01052.html

Pretty nice cover

Cool cover but Sabos a cover hog front and center on 2 voyages in a row.

Oh yeah… no special features. Since they’re going something new for voyage 4 I just kinda thought that was gonna be the norm…

Do we have any word yet on if Funimation are back in the studios or not

The cover preview's cropped, but the full image is on the server if you change the URL slightly.
    Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by AceLuffy4ever View Post
    Do we have any word yet on if Funimation are back in the studios or not
    They use the studios for certain actors that can’t record from home easily, but it’s open in a limited capacity.

Still weird to me that the voyages are so close to the collection releases. I buy all three releases to help support OP in the states, but it does feel very silly considering how close the releases are.

Any good moments we’re looking forward to on the new set? I’ve been rationing as usual, so I’m just now watching the Diamante fight.

I mean there’s THE THING obviously, but while I’m really looking forward to these episodes it’s very much what you expect from one piece. It’s simply a pretty great climax. The anime staff is allowed to cut loose a bit with a noticeabley higher amount of sakuga moments, we get a lot of cool intense character interactions and such. It’s just exciting. I’ve been looking both to both these last voyages a ton but for vastly different reasons.

Ah, right. Hype moments of animation. That’s worth looking forward to—along with Luffy’s power up. Man, these episodes still so bore me, though. Even the Diamanté episodes dragged. The fight becomes ridiculous when Kyros let’s himself get hit for ten minutes straight. I really really can’t wait for Zou. I think DR is the worst this anime has ever been.

I will say that Kyros and Diamanté’s fight feels like it could’ve been stronger. As much as I love his whole design and vibe Diamanté as a character is honestly just so boring. Like if anything Kyros had way more tension with Doflamingo but we needed an excuse for Luffy to fight him instead.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information