+ Reply to Thread
Page 379 of 410 FirstFirst ... 279 329 369 377 378 379 380 381 389 ... LastLast
Results 7,561 to 7,580 of 8192

Thread: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

Quote Originally Posted by Zephray View Post
    The eight discs don’t take up a lot of space?
    Not so much that it needs to be twice as thick as the last set.

Quote Originally Posted by Blake Bakes Cakes View Post
    Yup, not even remotely the same. Sticks out like a sore thumb. Why do they have to mess up the consistency after a literal decade. Like you have to make it thicker? I’d prefer you just make one that’s blu ray only but fine. But there’s literally no reason the spines can’t line up. So frustrating.
    Yeah, thatís pretty frustrating. I hate when they do this. You tend to wonder what the cover design department is thinking. Itís especially weird because thereís so much room above Doffy on the spine.

Quote Originally Posted by Zek View Post
    Not so much that it needs to be twice as thick as the last set.
    Not to be overly technical but if you compare them it’s actually more like 1.5x, and really there’s not that much extra room in the case. I don’t think it could be much smaller. You also gotta factor in they’re not making a completely custom scare, they’re obviously gonna work off standardized sizes that are mass produced.
    The real arlong park was the friends we made along the way

Not to be overly technical.
    I’ve been reading this thread long enough to know that this thread wouldn’t be this thread without that , but you’re right.

The box size doesn’t matter to me. The lack of consistency with the spine does.

Oh btw I just realized that… we were really over reacting about the textless openings. They’ve always had subtitles, though not always the romaji subtitles that’s weird. But my point is the only difference now is that you can’t turn them off cuz it’s locked now. Which is dumb don’t get me wrong but not a one piece exclusive problem.

Woot woot! 8/17 s11v8!

https://twitter.com/onepieceanime/st...074966543?s=21

Blake, I have to admit you’re good at predicting these. How’d you guess this one would break pattern and come out mid-month?

Very excited this is coming sooner than I had expected. Only bummer is that it doesn’t finish off the Doffy fight.
    Last edited by Zephray; August 12th, 2021 at 01:47 PM.

Aw man yeah that stinks! The Dressrosa wrap-up doesn’t need the final blow to still be good. Oh well, won’t be too much longer.

Well I don't think I ever said mid-august, I just had a feeling it would be this month. August just.... seems like a one piece month. I will say though that my sense of time is so out of whack at this point that for a second I legimately thought "wtf it doesnt come out for another month?" for a second.

The fact it only goes to 732 is dissapointing, it feels like most of these voyages have had pretty natural feeling cut off points. Perhaps wishful thinking but I wonder if they'll do the last 2 voyages in quick succession again like with PH.

I generally have no idea what to expect about these release gaps anymore though. For awhile it was pretty consistently 3-5, then it seemed like they were gonna be 7-8 with one 4 week gap as an exception, and now this one took 6 weeks. Almost wonder if they have someone in charge of a wheel of fortune style roulette.

I honestly don’t think it’s about maintaining a schedule. I think they are releasing them as fast as they can dub them, and some months they’re able to do more episodes than other months.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

It does seem weird that they’d give us 14 episodes next set and 13 this set despite the stopping point. Maybe they thought post-arc sells worse, so they wanted more motivation for people to buy the next set? For me, I’m more excited about the last set because it’s got Kaido and the Zou preview.

Aha I don't think you're wrong, I was mostly joking, but they were outputting them on a pretty consistent basis for a little bit so its still been a tad jarring

As for the episode division, I'm pretty sure they just weren't factoring in cut off points much, they've just been pretty good for the most part by coincidence. I think the thought process is just that they should save the set with an extra episode for last, even if it would make more sense in another set.

The consistency was only because they were so far ahead. Now that we are caught up, I think the release dates are entirely subject to how fast they are moving in a given month.

You’re probably right about episode percent thought process. I just wish one or two of the directors would notify them.

Mid, late Sept, or early Oct? What’s your guess for the next one?

I’m not sure if it will be as short as the last 2 PH voyages but I feel like they’ll probably not make us wait too long to wrap it up, so September feels more right to me.

OMG just ONE MORE EPISODE FUNI lol but i think Zephray is correct that they purposely held that episode back, so the next set could have something worthwhile to watch, even Viz media of all people are breaking their usual 13 Boruto episodes release for 21 Boruto episodes in the next set just so it can include and finish the arc Boruto dub its go be entering

Anyone have a guess for who they’ll cast as Kaido? I’m hoping it’s one of the more upper-tier actors like JYB or Scott McNeil. They usually grab big actors for significant roles like this, but then I guess they didn’t give Big Mom to anyone too huge (though I love that casting even so).

I mean, thats the thing, I'm sure they'll cast someone good either way. I don't really care much about if they're well known or not.

Another inconsistency with collection 27 I just noticed, up until now every jolly roger and/or symbol that represents each character has been white, but Doflamingos Jolly Roger. At first I thought this was for visibility but the funimation and DVD logos are white and very clearly visible, not to mention Hancock’s collection was also a very bright pink and used white. Cmon this is just ridiculous at this point.

Do you think it’s possible we could need up with 25 more collections before the series is done? Maybe they’re playing an incredibly long game and this just marks a convenient halfway point. That’s the optimist in me.

Yup, not even remotely the same. Sticks out like a sore thumb. Why do they have to mess up the consistency after a literal decade. Like you have to make it thicker? I’d prefer you just make one that’s blu ray only but fine. But there’s literally no reason the spines can’t line up. So frustrating.
    I'd assume its because, after a literal decade, the companies that make the actual cases have changed up their standard, and they don't really have any cost efficent choice but to use the new thicker size.

Funimation doesn't make the cases, they just order them.

And once you have that new thicker size, it looks bad if you have the picture in the same proportion as the old ones. THey were more concerned about the given volume looking good than matching up with the old.

It would not shock me if future re-releases of the earlier volumes are also in the thicker format.

This happens all the time. My Doctor WHo collection is all over the place, even with a batch of season sets that were released at the *same* time. One case is twice as thick as the other two, and one case is a different material, and two of them have sleeves while the third doesn't... and they were released at the *same time*. DVD makers use what exists, they very rarely have cases custom ordered.

You don't even want to know what my Usagi Yojibo collection looks like. Or any of my manga pre-2002 when everything changed to the current industry standard size. Half my Ranma and half My Dragonball sets are completely different *heights* and spine designs.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephray View Post
    Anyone have a guess for who they’ll cast as Kaido? I’m hoping it’s one of the more upper-tier actors like JYB or Scott McNeil. They usually grab big actors for significant roles like this, but then I guess they didn’t give Big Mom to anyone too huge (though I love that casting even so).
    Scott McNeil is Ocean group, based out of Canada, they're not getting him for a regular long term role. A one off movie character like Shiki sure, but he wouldn't be a regular at the Funi studio so that makes him tricky to use.

THey've got JYB for Sabo already so, maybe?
    To support Viz hosting all Jump manga for FREE and day of release, Arlong Park will now support the official release.
    https://www.viz.com/shonenjump

Official chapter discussions now start Sundays at Noon, EST.
    Please do not post threads when scan sites release their version, and just discuss those releases in the spoiler thread.

I wasn’t saying those two actors specifically. I just meant bigger name actors *like* them.

Quote Originally Posted by Robby View Post
    I'd assume its because, after a literal decade, the companies that make the actual cases have changed up their standard, and they don't really have any cost efficent choice but to use the new thicker size.

Funimation doesn't make the cases, they just order them.

And once you have that new thicker size, it looks bad if you have the picture in the same proportion as the old ones. THey were more concerned about the given volume looking good than matching up with the old.

It would not shock me if future re-releases of the earlier volumes are also in the thicker format.

This happens all the time. My Doctor WHo collection is all over the place, even with a batch of season sets that were released at the *same* time. One case is twice as thick as the other two, and one case is a different material, and two of them have sleeves while the third doesn't... and they were released at the *same time*. DVD makers use what exists, they very rarely have cases custom ordered.

You don't even want to know what my Usagi Yojibo collection looks like. Or any of my manga pre-2002 when everything changed to the current industry standard size. Half my Ranma and half My Dragonball sets are completely different *heights* and spine designs.

Scott McNeil is Ocean group, based out of Canada, they're not getting him for a regular long term role. A one off movie character like Shiki sure, but he wouldn't be a regular at the Funi studio so that makes him tricky to use.

THey've got JYB for Sabo already so, maybe?
    Once again, the thicker case is not the issue, it’s the spine. You say “if the spine was proportional it would look bad!”, but there is clearly a bunch of extra space on top of doffy on the giant character image, and the bottom portion is so close to being the same size. It would’ve been totally possible for them to line up.

hmm… *checks every remaining dressrosa and zou episode* https://twitter.com/sonnystrait/stat...936256516?s=21

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information