+ Reply to Thread
Page 378 of 409 FirstFirst ... 278 328 368 376 377 378 379 380 388 ... LastLast
Results 7,541 to 7,560 of 8177

Thread: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

Remember what I said about the simuldub being a month or two behind? That would help assuage most of your concerns. Is it harder than the average show because it never has a break? Yes. But their capacity with the simuldubs (many shows without break) shows they’re plenty capable. I’d say stick Mike and maybe an assistant on the simuldub and leave Bowling and Kyle to the catch-up episodes.

And the shows really don’t have “a completely different production.” The cast and directors are different; the process is almost the same. Director and assistants schedule the actors, then record. There might be more permissions to obtain with OP, and we’re not sure if they have to run each script by Toei or what their involvement is, but Toei is a huge company too, so I’m sure they’re capable.

But Funi hasn’t done the simuldub yet. They’re trying to catch up instead. Is it possible for them to? Yes. Does it make business sense considering how popular/unpopular the dub is in the US? Who knows.

In all honesty I had forgotten about clover, but by “completely different production” I meant that it would take more resources and have slight differences due to what actors they needed and such. Essentially I was just saying that doing a year round show is one thing, doing a year round show ON TOP OF everything else you’re already doing is another. More importantly I just think given how much they still have to dub between they just wouldn’t want to spread their resources like that, and even if they did were still a long ways away from things operating completely normally again since the pandemic isn’t over.
    The real arlong park was the friends we made along the way

Aren't Toei and funi working closely together with the dub right now? I'm sure they are providing feedback about voices and materials etc.

You’re certainly right that they don’t want to take on the added work right now. I mean, they clearly haven’t. I’m just saying that it’s totally doable if it makes financial sense to them; and yes, I think they could carve out the time for it if they wanted.

Me, I say they sacrifice a dub or two of some of the shit shows they’ve given simuldubs to. Then spend those resources on this property. But obviously I’m biased. Maybe those shit shows make more financial sense to dub than OP.

In any case, I’m definitely expecting the new voyage on Sept 7th, but I really hope it’s sooner. My rationing of 2/week will need to slow down if it’s that far off.

I mean, I already agreed that yeah it’d be possible. Mike himself has said as much I’m pretty sure. But yeah it’s mostly a case of those “shit shows” not being so shit to their wallets!

Idk why but I have a feeling we’ll get voyage 8 in August, even if it’s like late in the month.

I’ve never heard any of the funimation people address a OP simuldub. Even when I mentioned it to Justin Cook during the one studio tour I did a while back, he didn’t really say anything. I think I said, “crossing my fingers for a OP simuldub” and he just said, “keep crossing,” or something that implied it wasn’t likely at the time. Where did Mike address it, if you can remember?

Pretty sure they talk about it in the interview section if this OP podcast episode:https://youtu.be/DXUy22IdOfU. But it’s like 45 minutes long so I couldn’t really give you the precise timestamp.

Whew. 2015. No wonder I don't remember.

Okay so, I debated wether I wanted to mention this here cuz it’s something that happened recently in the manga that SOUNDS like a huge spoiler, but by all accounts it’s pretty inconsequential and interesting to me.

Basically Saul is gonna need like, 2 lines of new dialogue. Which is really unfortunate because for anyone who’s forgotten he was played by Cole Brown.

I’d almost wonder if they’d use Mark Stoddard since he voiced him briefly in the alabasta movie? Maybe Chris Rager since he plays Blackbeard now? It’s just hard to imagine what they’ll do for something so small.

Doesn’t matter too much. Only two lines. Hopefully they can get someone to sound similar and call it a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Blake Bakes Cakes View Post
    I’d almost wonder if they’d use Mark Stoddard since he voiced him briefly in the alabasta movie? Maybe Chris Rager since he plays Blackbeard now? It’s just hard to imagine what they’ll do for something so small.
    i can promise you they wouldn't do that, that's not the voice people associate with the character. I doubt they'd even try to make Rager do it either. If anything they'll just get someone else to do an impersonation for those couple lines that's in the ballpark of Brown's performance and that's it. Nothing complicated, and far from the hardest casting situation due to death for both the dub and sub.

But Rager IS supposed to be an impersonation of Cole. It’s not as if they purposely made him sound different, it’s just hard to replace him cuz both the characters he voiced were pretty close to his normal range. Chris Rager or Mark Stoddard may be realistically the closest they’d be able to get is my point.

Rager does an impersonation of Cole's Blackbeard, but that doesn't mean it'd be the best choice for him to also do Saul. Who knows but Stoddard is just so completely different that I don't see him being considered. That was just a different interpretation of the character from almost 15 years ago.

I mean I don't completely disagree about Rager, but his blackbeard and saul sounded very similar. The thing is I just don't imagine they're gonna put a bunch of effort in if its only a few lines.

Don't know if this will have any effect on One Piece or not but its official that Funimation has acquired Crunchy Roll

https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/new...m-at-t/.176073

The company was already busy. They're going to need to do some intensive hiring. Keep an eye on the job applications page, if anyone's interested.

Got the new Collection today, really not sure why it needed to be so thick but it is what it is I suppose.

Quote Originally Posted by Zek View Post
    Got the new Collection today, really not sure why it needed to be so thick but it is what it is I suppose.
    The eight discs don’t take up a lot of space?

(According to this Blu-ray forum post), Collection 27's spine doesn't quite match the others. The title and character logo line up, but the top image and bar of colour on the top/bottom are both too large.

Yup, not even remotely the same. Sticks out like a sore thumb. Why do they have to mess up the consistency after a literal decade. Like you have to make it thicker? I’d prefer you just make one that’s blu ray only but fine. But there’s literally no reason the spines can’t line up. So frustrating.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information