+ Reply to Thread
Page 370 of 409 FirstFirst ... 270 320 360 368 369 370 371 372 380 ... LastLast
Results 7,381 to 7,400 of 8177

Thread: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

Interesting... still they seem to be at the like very tail end so thats good I guess? At this point I just have no idea how long the recording to mixing process is.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

I don't feel like going through the effort of posting it to imgur but the scene he tweeted is from near the end of 741.
    The real arlong park was the friends we made along the way

Quote Originally Posted by midod View Post
    Charlie Campbell voicing Fujitora about 2 weeks ago:

https://www.instagram.com/p/CQM5U1Wj42R/

The voice of Maynard posted about recording for him today:

https://twitter.com/BBARB3R/status/1409895701102858243
    Thanks for these! Sounds like they're dubbing the last few episodes of Dressrosa! Hopefully that means we'll go back to one a month or nearly one a month until the arc is over.

But more likely it'll be every two months now since we caught up with their headstart. Hopefully there isn't more of a break between seasons, but I'm betting there will be.

July 6th is my birthday , a very welcome present for me , im just ready to finish Dressrosa as a whole, this arc is way too long

Finally. We're getting towards the end here.

Plot twist: we actually start to get 3 months between voyages again and we don't finish dressrosa until 2022

After Dressrosa? Likely. I think I’d rather they just release every two months instead of putting us through a long hiatus between seasons. I hate those long waits where they don’t even hint at when it’ll come back. Too much PTSD from the two year wait.

It’s kind of a bummer that the one per month turned out not to be sustainable. They were sixty episodes or so ahead at the start, and now they’re only twenty ahead. I assume the pandemic slowed them down, as did dropping from their hopeful three directors down to two. If they were able to add a third director to this full time, maybe they’d be able to continue that output.

Anyone else notice that Tyson Rinehart was credited as an ADR director? I’m not checking every episode, but he was at least the co-director with Bowling on episode 702.

Most likely he was grabbing one or two performances for the episode while Bowling took the rest. That’s my guess, anyways.

Yeah, I mentioned it when they came out. I'm pretty sure its from that episode through the last one. At this point I think he's been credited on more episodes than Kyle lol. Seriously I think we've only seen him in one voyage.

My bet is they’re training him up. That’s why he’s a codirector. Hopefully he’ll be able to take on his own episodes soon and they can handle an even better pace.

I need to get some directing experience and give them a call. Haha

Collection 26 came today, interestingly it comes with a “includes 2 blu ray discs” sticker on the slip cover. Makes sense, just including it on the spine is easily missable. I’m still so glad they kept all the releases DVD sized for consistency. Have the blu ray voyages that have released so far had them?

So far they’ve been the same size yeah. Brought my S11 V1 and the last S10 voyage to the local DVD resale place cuz I got the collection and he was confused that one had Blu-rays and the other didn’t.

I do wish they started with punk hazard though. There’s lots of cool looking bits in Smoker and Vergos fight I wish I could own in HD physically.

Ey, Blake. You should edit the dub over the One Pace episodes for Cora’s flashback. :D

Ive just given up on it because it’s really a lot of work for something I’m not really happy with anyways. Besides I actually don’t think the cora flashback is paced too badly in the anime personally.

Yeah, only the first few episodes of it are meh. Probably a bit of cutting they did in the last one or two, too. But you’re right—not much. Still feels good to watch longer episodes and save a bit of time on them, though. I’m tempted to do it myself but don’t think I have enough free time (and Adobe Premiere patience.)

I'm excited for the new set tomorrow. Hmmmm. Big moments we get this set: Resolution of Pica, Diamante, and Senor Pink fights. Any other good moments worth looking forward to?

I think its like, more or less every fight resolution except the main one. I know we at least also get the Barto and Cavendish vs gladius fight conclusion which I rather like so I’m looking forward to that.

Okay so, a few first notes. I’m not that far in, but I have to talk about this like urgently. To start with something less important, I think Orlumbus is voiced by Brandon Potter, AKA Shanks. I’ve never heard him do something this charactery but he was really distinct vocal patterns.

When we get flashbacks with Bellamy, Justin Cook is very clearly trying to emulate how he sounded pre-timeskip but it just sounds… off. If I had to describe it I think he’s over compensating a bit too much with pitch and it’s gruffer than it used to be, it sounds less natural.

What is VERY interesting though, Bellamy says the line “There’s no point in even trying, I’ve eaten a CURSED FRUIT too”. What? Excuse me? Now your gut instinct may be “They must’ve pulled an old line and gotten the cartoon network version somehow.” but no. Its very clearly newly recorded. The scene is completely reanimated and he very much still has that bizarre off sound. The only thing I can possibly think of is that it’s an intentional reference. I see no way this could’ve been done by mistake.

Oh and also it’s just like one line but Colleen also sounds weird in the flashback. She’s also doing the too high thing she sounds like she’s trying to do 7 year old luffy.

I believe that they’ve called devil fruits ‘cursed fruits’ a few times in the show. Correct me if I’m wrong however. I mean the devil fruits are cursed by the sea, so i don’t think it’s a big deal.

I mean, you guys are taking it as if that’s the new name. I’d just say it’s an adjective a person uses to express their hatred of the fruit. Like, the damned fruit. The cursed fruit. I don’t see it as a conflict at all. People can call the devil fruits by whatever adjective they like. I think the official name of the fruits is still “devil fruit” in the show.

Doubt we'll get another set for two months. September 7th is so far away. X_X Even the Vinland Saga dub will be out by then.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information