+ Reply to Thread
Page 365 of 410 FirstFirst ... 265 315 355 363 364 365 366 367 375 ... LastLast
Results 7,281 to 7,300 of 8192

Thread: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

Having Wano characters speak very formally or old-fashioned is fine, but letting mostly non-Japanese voice actors put on intentional Asian accents just to sound foreign is a no-no. Let's not open that can of worms.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterKingJC View Post
    Having Wano characters speak very formally or old-fashioned is fine, but letting mostly non-Japanese voice actors put on intentional Asian accents just to sound foreign is a no-no. Let's not open that can of worms.
    Sure. Kin and Kanjuro were my examples; they aren’t putting on a stereotypical Asian accent.

No announcement for the new set yet, but I’m still betting on June 1st or 8th.

Its memorial day weekend, so we will probably wont hear a thing

Man, episode 695 had the flemmiest Luffy scream ever (as he runs up the stairs).

Welp, not today, eh? Hopefully next week.

If you look closely at the screen in this tweet, Sonny was recording for eps 734-738 today so they're nearing the end of Dressrosa https://twitter.com/sonnystrait/stat...572958213?s=19
    One Piece sakuga nut and resident Katsumi Ishizuka fanboy

Twitter: https://twitter.com/SkippyTheRobot
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0Z...2JQKXRBkCGSHzw

Good catch! Wow. They’re only eight episodes from done, and they’re only two sets ahead. Wow. Seems super likely to me that they’ll need to take a break between seasons. Here’s hoping next Tuesday will be set seven.

I really wouldnt say anything super confidently about future releases personally, but also of note today, Bryan Massey tweeted this and deleted it. Dragon gets lines in 737, so its almost certainly referring to that.

The real arlong park was the friends we made along the way

Quote Originally Posted by Blake Bakes Cakes View Post
    I really wouldn’t say anything super confidently about future releases personally, but also of note today, Bryan Massey tweeted this and deleted it. Dragon gets lines in 737, so it’s almost certainly referring to that.

https://imgur.com/gallery/xb4qhV3
    The embed fucked you with that so I'll just let people know that he posted a gif of Dragon with #TeaserTuesday lol
    One Piece sakuga nut and resident Katsumi Ishizuka fanboy

Twitter: https://twitter.com/SkippyTheRobot
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0Z...2JQKXRBkCGSHzw

Galaxy con panel June 11th with Mike, Sonnny, Eric, Ian, Luci, Rob Mcollum, and... Megan Shipman? Camie isn’t especially relevant atm but okay lol https://twitter.com/mikemcfarlandva/...933651461?s=21

Fun. It's online and free?

Yep, I think you have to like register some kinda virtual ticket on their site but it’s all free.

Man, that episode of Usopp learning observation Haki was perhaps the slowest dubbed episode I’ve ever watched. Jesus that was tedious. Half the episode was two pages.
    Last edited by Zephray; June 4th, 2021 at 11:41 PM.

Getting concerned at this point. While it’s of course still possible voyage 7 will come out on 8th they normally would’ve made an announcement by now. I was kinda hoping voyage 5 taking 7 weeks was a one off but I think that may not be the case.

We’ll see. I wouldn’t be surprised if they dropped it without an announcement. I don’t think they did an official announcement for the last one outside of a very quick mention during the simulcast event with Roger. And they’ve dropped it before without announcement.

No way to know, course. But I wouldn’t give up hope until Tuesday.

They did announce voyage 6 on twitter a few days before release. Obviously sometimes they don’t at all, but more often than not there’s some sorta announcement. Once again I just wish we knew more ahead of time like pre-hiatus.

Sets seven and eight are a little boring, but I’m looking forward to set nine! Kaido’s VA and bits of Zou and good OP mythology. It’ll be a great intro set to Zou.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Even if they release one a month without break (unlikely), itll still be over a year until we hit Wano. Bummer, but at least Ill enjoy WCI and Zou way more than these sets.

Im honestly just ready to hear how the Vinsmokes and Charlotte family sound in english

Katakuri doesn’t get a voice until halfway through the arc, right? I don’t care a ton about the other members, except Perospero and Brle. Gonna be a minute on all them, especially if they take a season break.

For as short as Zou is, it sure does give us a good number of new and important voices: Carrot, Jack, Dog, Cat, Raizo, Pedro, etc.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information