+ Reply to Thread
Page 354 of 410 FirstFirst ... 254 304 344 352 353 354 355 356 364 404 ... LastLast
Results 7,061 to 7,080 of 8191

Thread: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

I remember being so worried when the dub would reach Dressrosa giving how long this arc is but man being only two voyages away from completion in half a year is very awesome.

Sorry if Im being too technical or whatever, but just in case just so you know we should have 3 more voyages, at 9.
    The real arlong park was the friends we made along the way

The last voyage is wrap-up and set-up. That’ll be a fun one. I hope they get someone notable for Kaido.

I’m very excited we’re getting the set soon! I’ve been rationing super hard so that when we get to the flashback, we can binge it. I’m also stoked that the full flashback is all on this one set. Would’ve sucked to stop in the middle.

Curious what their episode 1000 surprise is. I’m forever praying for a simuldub, but I doubt it’s that. It’s weird that they’d drum up excitement this far in advance. Episode 1000 isn’t for 29 weeks, like 7-8 months.
    Last edited by Zephray; April 25th, 2021 at 08:16 AM.

700 episodes is a really exciting milestone, it still feels like we just reached 600. For some reason 7 feels like such a larger jump from 6 than say 6 from 5. Like now we're in the big boy numbers lol.

I agree though, didn't really think about it cuz it feels like we're so close to episode 1000. Really makes me wonder how major it is.

Simuldubbing would be really good for BM’s VA, too, now that I think about it. Better to have her record all her Wano lines ASAP.

Yeah, 700 is a milestone to be sure. 500-600 still feels like that “halfway to caught up” point. But 700 feels like we’re making progress on catching up to the subbed. Man, that sure would be surreal.

We might be wrapped up with DR in August. I’ll be stunned if they don’t take a break between arcs.

I mean, simul dubbing could be arguably worse, cuz if she couldn’t record anymore there could be a mish mash of 2 VAs in the same material. Either way yeah, a simul dub would be the dream.
    Last edited by Blake Bakes Cakes; April 25th, 2021 at 01:50 PM.

The microsoft store now has all of dub piece up to this point... minus season 9 voyage 2. As before many of them are straight up unpurchasable, and the missing episode problem is even worse with there being like 3 voyages that straight up only have 1 episode.

Sounds like they’re all in the process of being uploaded and updated. I’m really not sure why anyone would want to buy those anyways. The video player doesn’t even work on your phone and all the episodes are free with a funimation subscription.

Going through the last set very slowly. Everything after Pica’s intro is super slow, even with the dub helping it feel a little faster. This part of the arc (and much of it after the flashback) are a bit of a slog, eh? Eyes on the prize: Zou and WCI. Would be crazy to get WCI by year’s end.

The sloppy releasing of all this content makes me worry more so about if the same issues will continue to happen once the content we actually care about comes out.

I'd actually say the section that drags the most to me is a lot of the collosuem stuff at the beginning, overall its been an improvement. Voyage 5 isn't bad by any means, but it and voyage 2 kinda suffer through stuff thats esential for the plot but no huge pay offs.

Out of the voyages we have left 7 should be the weakest one, but even then we get some cool fight conclusions. The last 2 should be super exciting.

Quote Originally Posted by Blake Bakes Cakes View Post
    I agree though, didn't really think about it cuz it feels like we're so close to episode 1000. Really makes me wonder how major it is.
    I wonder if an announcement of all the unlicensed movies being dubbed together and released in a few bundles would be considered big enough of an announcement, but I could see it happening. Not as big as a simuldub but this type of thing feels fairly likely at this point.

Movie releases sounds more likely. Even if it's only one or two.

Speaking of movies isnt it time for another One Piece film, Stampede was like two years ago

Yearly or even every-other-year releases for movies became a thing of the past after Strong World. I wouldn't expect another film for at least a couple years.

I'm fine with less big movies, but I'd really like for the specials to come back. I don't believe that working on a special would reduce the quality of the episodes. Toei has a ton of animators and works on multiple shows. They can balance having a special worked on simultaneously.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephray View Post
    Movie releases sounds more likely. Even if it's only one or two.
    If it was just 1 or 2 movies being dubbed I don't think they'd even bother saying there's an announcement coming at Episode 1000 though. With Toei commissioning FUNi for dubs now I could easily see all movies just come out dubbed now like they have in other territories for years now. I feel even the Crunchyroll (?) stream of Movie 9 was a hint of this too.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephray View Post
    I'm fine with less big movies, but I'd really like for the specials to come back. I don't believe that working on a special would reduce the quality of the episodes. Toei has a ton of animators and works on multiple shows. They can balance having a special worked on simultaneously.
    Well, the dressrosa anime is infamous for its inconsistent quality and it had by far the most movies and specials worked on during its life time. And now, one of the best eras for animation in the history of the show, we just so happen to have no specials coming out. So make of that what you will.

Correlation does not imply causation.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Weird that their social media hasn’t acknowledged the May 4 release date.

I was just pointing out facts, a lot of things said on here are very much assuming correlation implies causation anyways. That’s just kinda how speculation works.

I will say I think they probably theoretically COULD do so, I just don’t think they would actually put in the money for the sheer amount of time and resources. I think it’s safe to assume that during that era of the anime the staff was very much spread thin.

Either way, I just don’t care much personally. Specials did very little for me. It’s always either rushed recaps or really boring filler adventures. Episode of East Blue and 3D2Y are the only ones I think were done somewhat well.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

So, I guess putting out trailers for the previous voyage right as the next one is about come out is just the norm now? Weird marketing strategy. https://twitter.com/onepieceanime/st...590556168?s=21

Heart of Gold is phenomenal. I enjoy having the recaps, too. 3D2Y and Nebulandia are fun at least, if not great.

Toei can afford to hire more people to work on new projects, like the specials.

Honestly just forgot about heart of gold lol, pretty decent for what it is. And yeah, once again I think they can afford it, but realistically I cant see them going for it. Obviously if it does happen I’d love to be wrong.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information