+ Reply to Thread
Page 353 of 410 FirstFirst ... 253 303 343 351 352 353 354 355 363 403 ... LastLast
Results 7,041 to 7,060 of 8192

Thread: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

Do you mean that youre just looking forward towards the next set or do you think its not gonna come out for a long time.
    The real arlong park was the friends we made along the way

About four episodes in, and I’m enjoying these episodes more than I thought I would. I guess I had forgotten most of what happens in them. Definitely rationing them like crazy because I want to marathon the back half of the next set. Hopefully that comes out soon because I don’t want to ration too hard, but I’m willing to bet we’re in for a long wait, yeah.

Do you just mean as long as last time? 'Cause I wouldn't really categorize that as "long".

I’m betting six or more. I think we’re slowing down a bit because we’re getting close to caught up with where they’re dubbing now.

I mean, thats still a really fast turnaround time all things considered

Two post later and you’re still nit-picking my word choice, my dude?

What? I wasn't nitpicking anything, I wasn't even saying anything was wrong with what you said. I was just saying that turnaround is still more than fast enough to me. I was stating an opinion. Sorry if I was being repetitive I guess? But in my defense in the first one I was mostly asking a question.

I'm hoping it's no more than a 4 week wait (the middle of May? Ok maybe a lil too soon lol) but they kinda spoiled us with the almost back to back releases up til this point so the longer wait is gonna be brutal for me I binged this set already lol
    Last edited by Onepieceanimefan23; April 17th, 2021 at 04:18 PM.

I’m hoping they announce at the watch party that it’s coming out the next Tuesday. I love the four week schedule. Praying they work to keep it.

When is the watch party going to be again

The 24th, 8pm CT. Basically the idea is they're watching 969 and 970, and right after it ends 971 will come out.

As much as I love the Oden flashback back in the sub right now, i’m really not looking forward to Rogers extremely hokey pirate-accented dub voice. I just re-listened to his voice in stampede and I am super unimpressed.

We've went over this before but I think it fits. Oda has a thing of only ever giving each stereotypical pirate thing to one character, I think Roger being the pirate that sounds like a stereotypical pirate to falls in line with that quite nicely. Even beyond the pirate accent thing, something about his voice in particular just gells with me. Like the similar pirate accent and odex and the deeper booming voice of 4kids doesnt work for me, the funi one is the only one that quite fits his face to me. I will say that the man is clearly getting old though, he was clearly struggling in stampede. Same goes for his current seiyuu actually.

It's wild that his current seiyuu, who replaced the original due to his death a couple years ago, is 77. I hope he gets to make it to the end.

Imo they should've gotten the guy who's the current voice for Dr. Eggman to voice Roger; he sounds more like Chikao Ohtsuka than Roger's current seiyuu does.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z8CQw3KeFHE&ab
    New World is best world.

Quote Originally Posted by Electrivire View Post
    Imo they should've gotten the guy who's the current voice for Dr. Eggman to voice Roger.
    For a second there I thought you were talking about the dub and got this appropriate clip lined up.

Any gamblers on whether we get news today?

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Best case Scenario is that they announce it for this coming Tuesday. But may 4th is more likely, whether they announce it or not.
    Last edited by Zephray; April 24th, 2021 at 10:41 AM.

It’s possible, it’s just hard to say since the event itself is based around the original, and it’s hard to get a gauge on what the schedule will be like going forward. I’ll try not to get my expectations too high, either way it should be a fun event. Dreading the use of the Japanese friend word again though lol.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Alright that was quick. Voyage 6 is on digital on may 4th and funi on the 25th

Nicee so glad it's coming so soon I can't wait to binge these lol

Pretty fun stream, the interviews were interesting and it was really cool to see rogersbase participate in an official event like that. Obviously though its overshadowed to me personally by the announcement lol, only a little over a week until we get one of my favorite back stories! Really curious how it'll sound, and it marks both 700 dub episodes and the 2/3 point of dressrosa. Really happy with it all.

Oh and btw, they teased that funi specifically will be doing something special for the 1000 episode mark? Super curious about that

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information