+ Reply to Thread
Page 349 of 353 FirstFirst ... 249 299 339 347 348 349 350 351 ... LastLast
Results 6,961 to 6,980 of 7056

Thread: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

I mean, I wouldnt call a day "quickly", and theres still an episode missing. So, eh.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Oh! At the end of 689 we get a brief flashback with kid Law! Yeah it's not Matt, can't say I'm horrendously surprised. Don't have much to say on the voice itself, child voices kind of just run together, she sounds familiar enough that I wouldn't be surprised if she's been in OP before, but I actually really liked what little of her performance we hear.
    The real arlong park was the friends we made along the way

A day is quicker than 3 days or longer than it could've been but you got it....

I figured they would have a separate VA for Kid Law shocked they didn't have a male VA not that it matters to me. Can't wait to hear it.

Do we have the cast names for the new characters (Kanjuro, Pica, Mancherry, Kuween)? Someone on the wiki commented Ben Bryant is doing Kanjuro..?

With Funimationís track record, I honestly thought it would be a week minimum, so Iím pleasantly surprised they mostly fixed it within a day. Itís kind of no big deal now. One day push back is fine.

Though of course they couldíve been more transparent. Itís weird because they let us know when simulcasts are coming a few HOURS late. They always post on Twitter stuff like ďDue to missing materials, Wonder Egg Priorityís finale will be a few hours late.Ē And yet with OP, theyíre so quiet about everything.

I listened to Kanjuro and Pica. Kanjuro sounds older than I imagined him being. Itíll take some getting used to, but sounds fine so far. For Pica, it sounds like someone fandubbing the show. It sounds terrible, though thatís the point. I wouldíve preferred an insanely high voice rather than just a super fake / weird sounding one. I think the sub was just really really high, right?

Itís also so bizarre how this is only the halfway point of this arc. Man, the final fights take forever. This is where a dubbed One Pace would be super helpful. The anime just canít handle going at the one chapter rate during fights. Outside of fights, itís way more bearable. Iím kind of curious to go see how much One Pace cut this stuff down by.
    Has your country trapped you in a literal birdcage? Go back in time with the ikot-ikot fruit and vote Birdie Sanders for President today!

What... are you talking about with Pica? Just that its more scratchy I guess? Its still super high, I fail to see the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Muginiz View Post
    Do we have the cast names for the new characters (Kanjuro, Pica, Mancherry, Kuween)? Someone on the wiki commented Ben Bryant is doing Kanjuro..?
    Again no, toei feels like they're above having actors credited outside of the main cast. The wiki is more than fine with people simply guessing, which really rubs me the wrong way given how well moderated most of it is.

Can someone please link to Funi Pica? I really want to check it out!

Quote Originally Posted by Blake Bakes Cakes View Post
    Again no, toei feels like they're above having actors credited outside of the main cast. The wiki is more than fine with people simply guessing, which really rubs me the wrong way given how well moderated most of it is.
    That's unfortunate :( I wish they'd credit like before.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Krupp View Post
    Can someone please link to Funi Pica? I really want to check it out!
    I dont think theres any clips online atm, but he's next on the chopping block once Im able to clip some more.
    block once Im able to clip some more.

Here, was able to post it finally https://twitter.com/OnePieceDubClip/...57205181554691

It’s such a weird, gravely rat voice. Wish it was just super high without the gravel.
    Has your country trapped you in a literal birdcage? Go back in time with the ikot-ikot fruit and vote Birdie Sanders for President today!

Eh, while the dub is a bit more so the original isn't completely without gravel either. More than close enough imo, it does whats needed and is still really funny.

Japanese voices are just always higher. I was watching the (brilliant) Wonder Egg Priority dub and thinking the same thing about Ai and Rika. Y’all should definitely watch that show if you aren’t already. Best show this season by a mile.

Oh if anyones wondering the dub maintains Kanjuros "Kakaka" laugh which... I don't recall? Its cool they're good about the laughs now but with Kanjuros in particular its almost impossible to make it even sound semi-natural,.

Why do they skip doffy’s laugh? I wonder if an actor has ever been like, “Really? Do I *have* to do that?”

If I had to guess, I'd just say that he either simply can't pull it off consistently, or it simply sounds unnatural given how different his voice is from the Seiyuus. I say "consistently" because there have been instances where he clearly is at least somewhat trying to imitate it. In the manga its unique but kind of generic as OP laughs go, at "hee hee hee". The very specific way he laughs is largely an anime original thing.

Thanks for the clips Blake, you're a real one and I found Pica's voice hilarious and it does the job it reminds me of a character from some hollywood movie but I can't recall at the moment but imo it fits just fine even With the gravel cause that adds some extra character to his sound

Past the time the store would've updated, and still no 686.

Why shouldn’t it have gravel? He’s a stone man after all.

Quote Originally Posted by Blake Bakes Cakes View Post
    Past the time the store would've updated, and still no 686.
    I'd tweet to them if you haven't then because I did as well
    One Piece sakuga nut and resident Katsumi Ishizuka fanboy

Twitter: https://twitter.com/SkippyTheRobot
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0Z...2JQKXRBkCGSHzw

I've been doing so every day lol

Okay so, they added episode to the sub version but the dub versions still missing it, lovely. They are finally responding and saying its being worked on I guess so thats something. https://twitter.com/MicrosoftStore/s...77081141768194 https://twitter.com/ToeiAnimation/st...98695237382144

Hopefully this isn’t the new norm. They’ve already dropped Amazon and PSN.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information