+ Reply to Thread
Page 346 of 409 FirstFirst ... 246 296 336 344 345 346 347 348 356 396 ... LastLast
Results 6,901 to 6,920 of 8177

Thread: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

I just realized that the reason for the delay could be the new theme song on the next set. We know theme songs have caused issues in the past with licensing this show, and of course we get a sudden break once a new theme song is coming.

Just a possibility. Might be nothing.

No way, its already used in every place those episodes are streamed including funimation. Not to mention that they should be ahead enough that if that were to be an issue somehow then we wouldn't have a noticeable break in releases, or at the very least not right as it would appear release wise. Of course I dont work in the industry and dont know all the specifics, but Id say at best thats extraordinarily implausible.
    Last edited by Blake Bakes Cakes; March 31st, 2021 at 03:07 AM.
    The real arlong park was the friends we made along the way

It's different when the songs are by popular J-Pop groups and I believe they're under the Avex group label and Avex has always been difficult about overseas licensing with their music so it is very possible

Securing rights for physical release is also different from digital streaming.

The thing is though the physical releases are months behind at this point, and as I mentioned before I highly doubt it qould be an issue after so many people already licensed it. And think about it, when has an issue with song rights ever delayed a release? If you cant get the rights youre not going go hold back your entire schedule to keep trying, from a business perspective it simply isnt worth it.

There has been a lot of speculation over the years about song rights holding up different releases, yes. That last sentence there is kind of you talking out of your ass. A distributor could easily delay a release by a few months in order to get the proper materials for an uncut release or work through final snags in the agreement (the snag in this case being a song).

In short, we don't know and there's no way to know. Don't shoot down possibilities so confidently.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Funimation updated their FB banner today to reflect the voyage four news, and they made a post about voyage four on their twitter. Probably means nothing, but maybe increased dub-related activity brings good tidings.

You see the "speculation" part? Now correct me if Im wrong but with one piece the only time thats even been considered is with hands up right?, and while that entire situation is still largely an unknown to us I hardly doubt they held up a release for 2 years due to opening troubles. Not to mention crunchryoll got it years ago. And once more I think dub work is ahead enough that the gap would be RIGHT when the song is about to show up. Like for you scenario to occur they would have to get the song rights like WEEKS before the episodes are released. Time wise it just doesnt line up. Like who knows, enoughs unknown for that to maybe? be the case, but from what we do know I surely think theres much more evidence against than for it. The latter just being that theres a new theme song is in the next set. I just find it very very unlikely.

Bruh whole endings have been skipped have skipped (Ending 14 anyone) so it's not possible that could be the hold up but with them talking about Voyage 4 now hopefully an announcement for 5 is around the corner

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Apologies for the double post but wanted to post this clip here oh the feels the VA for Dadan has me on the brink of tears. Poor Dadan she was truly a grieving mother here

Um, okay!?!?!? This is out of nowhere but apparently despite the pandemic we're finally getting a simuldub? I honestly never expected this to happen, I'm lost for words.

Last edited by Blake Bakes Cakes; April 1st, 2021 at 02:19 AM.

That was pretty funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Blake Bakes Cakes View Post
    Um, okay!?!?!? This is out of nowhere but apparently despite the pandemic we're finally getting a simuldub? I honestly never expected this to happen, I'm lost for words.

Ugh i was so happy when i saw this lol

I mean, that's my most desired OP dub news ever. Haha. I expect it to happen when the releases catch up, probably in a few years, but it would be smart of them to do it sooner to stop from falling farther behind.

Now, that's just cruel.

No, cruelty would be posting this during the hiatus.

Season 11 Voyage 5 (681-693) on April 6 on Microsoft Movies & TV

Quote Originally Posted by Muginiz View Post
    Season 11 Voyage 5 (681-693) on April 6 on Microsoft Movies & TV
    Woot woot! I'm thrilled that this wasn't a long wait. Only three weeks off, really.
    Last edited by Zephray; April 2nd, 2021 at 02:19 PM.

Ah yeah awesome, still pretty quick all things considered.

Yesss. This is exciting.

I forgot, Kanjuro finally gets formally introduced this set.

Yeah, Kanjuro and Pica are really the only things to look forward to this set. It’s a pretty bland set otherwise. Voyage six is what everyone’s gunning for. Gonna marathon the Law flashback so hard.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information