+ Reply to Thread
Page 343 of 409 FirstFirst ... 243 293 333 341 342 343 344 345 353 393 ... LastLast
Results 6,841 to 6,860 of 8179

Thread: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

Well they just released the trailer for Voyage 3, so Voyage 5 should be following up here shortly lol

It really seems like funi can't keep up with their own releases. Voyage 2 never got any sort of trailer, and now voyage 3 is getting one after voyage 4 is out on streaming? It's not even a trailer for the BD, since that hasn't even been accounced yet.
    The real arlong park was the friends we made along the way

I exist...I guess....

Quote Originally Posted by Blake Bakes Cakes View Post
    Voyage 2 never got any sort of trailer
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaePB-MIDKI

My bad, I never saw it. Still though, both these trailers came out after the next one already released. I hardly see the point at all at that rate.

When I toured funimation, they seemed to only have one trailer splicer. Or maybe he was the only one working that day? Maybe they’re just understaffed in that department and can’t keep up with monthly releases.

Will get a smite nervous about a slowdown if we don’t see a drip next Tuesday. Six weeks is still reasonable, but not as fast as before and definitely slows down my rationing the episodes.

It is odd that we havent at least got an announcement by now. Just because they didn't do one last time doesnt mean it's the new norm, they've generally been very inconsistent about it.

Was anyone ever able to figure out why Soldier-san’s leg didn’t bleed out when he became Kyros again?

I got used to Rebecca’s actress and accent. Will never grow to like her mother’s voice though. That was just terrible casting; she sounds like a much older, sturdier woman.

Still annoying how some people say “DonquioTEE” and some say “DonquioTAY.” I feel like I’ve also heard variation on “KEYros” vs “KIRos.” Both directors should be more consistent in name pronounciation.

Again, I think you're nitpicking. When speaking there is naturally going to be some deviations on how things are pronounced when you're speaking quickly. Heck Donquixote is a name most english speakers recognize anyways. Especialy with Kyros both the pronounciations you listed when said at a normal talking speed will literally sound exactly the same.

So the collections are getting the blu-rays also, happy for them. And I also disagree on the voyages being useless now, I was never just buying these sets for the dub. I was buying just to own the series in a phyiscal format. I'm glad the dub is getting faster though and I don't mind the digital reeases being so far ahead.

Again, I think you're nitpicking. When speaking there is naturally going to be some deviations on how things are pronounced when you're speaking quickly. Heck Donquixote is a name most english speakers recognize anyways. Especialy with Kyros both the pronounciations you listed when said at a normal talking speed will literally sound exactly the same.
    Tee and tay sound pretty substantially different. Not sure how you come to your last sentence there. And none of the characters are “speaking quickly.”

They really don''t, by "talking fast" I mean at a normal speed not meticulously pronouncing every word 100% correctly beat for beat. For an example "Pokémon". Despite being Poke-KAY-mon even in official media it often devolves into Poke-E-mon or Poke-UH-mon. The "AY" sound doesnt roll of the tongue quite as well as others so its sometimes modified when speaking, usually subconsciously.

For Kyros were you trying to say you've heard it pronounced KAI-ros? You're spelling made it kinsa unclear. If that's the case I dont once recall it ever being pronounced like that. If you really wanna nitpick pronounciations, I swear every character pronounces "Kin'emon" slightly differently and they're sometimes inconsistent with the whole "Sah-Moo-Rai" thing.

Agreed on your last two points. Kin gets different pronunciations too. Probably samurai does but I haven’t noticed that one much.

Your Pokémon example is just another example of mispronounciation. You don’t pronounce things however you want because they’re easier to say one way than another. You pronounce things as they’re meant to with some regional variation. I’m not going to say, “Sah” because it’s easier to say than, “Sarah,” am I? That’s ridiculous, as is the idea that “it isn’t a mispronunciation if they said it an easier way.”

Did you miss the part where I said "subconsiously"? Theres a difference between two sounds that easily morph into each other and completely butchering how a word is pronounced. In the case of the real life Don Quixote the both variations exist in modern american english. You ask a group of 10 people and its pretty much garunteed they wont each pronounce the last syllable exactly the same. Since is the case it hardly bothers me when the characters speak modern american english and maintain this to some extent, and I imagine why the directors havent went out of there way to correct if its not a super cleae "ay" sound.

Intention has nothing to do with whether a word is being mispronounced or not. If I unintentionally say, "Gara" instead of "Garage," I am still mispronouncing the word. You're talking about how widespread a mispronounciation is. Everyone may say "Pokemon" incorrectly, but that doesn't make them correct. Everyone might believe something that isn't true, but that doesn't make it true (ahem, politics right now). You cannot say, "well, that mispronounciation is common so it's a correct pronounciation." That isn't how it works. That isn't how facts work, and it isn't how proper pronounciation works. The directors/writers/translators are translating another language; consistent pronounciation of names is important. I have no idea why you're fighting so hard to say otherwise, but this is the end of my side of the argument. You wouldn't be fighting your side of this argument so strongly if "Luffy" or "Nami" were being mispronounced.

What Im trying to say is that in english both pronounciations are accepted. Luffy and Nami arent names ever said in the emglish speaking world so that isnt the case. The difference between both pronunciations you listed is literally so slight I usually dont notice. Youre comparing a slight difference between person to person to com0letely butchering words when theyre clearly different. Language is more complicated than blanket "right" and "wrong". Do I understand on some level why ypu would want it to be 100% consistent? Yes. Do I think its really think its worth complaining about? No. If there are varied slight differences in pronunciation in real english i hardly see the problem when that seeps into an english dub.

I agree with Zephray I believe you just like the argue if it's pronounced wrong then it's just pronounced wrong and there's no getting around to that. All that other stuff you talkin about is irrelevant here especially when it comes to translating a script.... But moving along.
    I hope we get an announcement for Voyage 5 soon.

Thats the thing though, both pronunciations are considered correct in english.

Yeah, he gets himself into the most ridiculous of arguments and never admits he’s wrong. Pedantic. Makes for an annoying forum mate.

Everytime i see you guys post, i be hoping it be something regarding Voyage 5 lol, come on funimation i was getting spoiled need more One Piece Dub

Thats the thing though, both pronunciations are considered correct in english.
    They really aren’t, though. There’s a correct way and a popularized mistake.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by AceLuffy4ever View Post
    Everytime i see you guys post, i be hoping it be something regarding Voyage 5 lol, come on funimation i was getting spoiled need more One Piece Dub
    Nope, just nonstop arguing about a simple definition over here! Nothing important!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information