+ Reply to Thread
Page 342 of 410 FirstFirst ... 242 292 332 340 341 342 343 344 352 392 ... LastLast
Results 6,821 to 6,840 of 8182

Thread: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

There isn’t much of a point to the voyages when they’re not even a first release. Now that the digital purchases, then streaming are around first, then the collections come out very shortly after, there’s almost no incentive to purchase the voyages.

People who are too impatient, like me, will just go for the digital and wait for the collection.

That said, I’m a sucker and want to support OP in the US, so I’ll buy everything.

Absolute madman.

I disagree with you on that. The voyage sets home video are still important in my opinion. Because if the voyages aren't selling well enough, One Piece would be in the same boat as both Detective Conan and Sgt. Frog are in.

Before, but not now. That was zephrays entire point.
    The real arlong park was the friends we made along the way

Digital releases and Home video release are totally different markets. Plus only one digital store is going to be selling the new One Piece digital episodes in a couple months since PSN/Sony is going to be ending their digital video store in August.

You're right, they are different markets. However, did you notice that both the examples you listed were ONLY in the home video market? It's no secret that one piece always had questionable sustainability on DVD. This isnt even due to one piece being unpopular or anything, home video in general is simply dying. It's no coincidence that as soon as they went full force on the dub again they changed its entire release model, more or less only continuing to release the voyages out of obligation. I can garuntee you that at this point they could drop the voyages and still be succesful.

They probably make better margins on the digital sales since they don’t have to worry about physical production costs for those. I buy both just to support the series in the states. It needs the support, frankly.

there were a few issues with the collection 26 cover, so i went ahead and fixed them

Has there been any word on if the FUnimation staff has returned to working at their building since Texas has completely reopened the state?

I cant find it but yes there has been, theyre not going to. Regardless if theyre technically allowed to its irresponsible to completely start of operations again and put your employees at risk. The building HAS been in use for a long while now, but in a very limited capacity. Most still record from home.

Is there a reason the one piece games use a different logo compared to the series here? I see the naruto games uses the same logo for the franchise here.

I live in Texas. Anyone with decency and common sense is fighting Abbott’s ruling. Every business I still use still requires masks. I don’t think anyone—at least in the big cities—will do otherwise until the CDC says so and a significant portion of the population is immunized.

Well, this pretty much confirms that Funi has to plans to release Collections 1-25 on BD in the foreseeable future. Still, it's nice to know that as a Collection collector I'll be getting BDs added on for free. They could keep the same size cases with 8 discs if they *shudder* stack them on a spindle. And, again, the English audio is listed as stereo rather than 5.1. I'm curious how Manga UK'll handle this, given that combo packs died off in the UK pretty quickly and the Collections are the only releases over here.

Starving Artist Elektrik Dynomite's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LostTimeLord View Post
    Well, this pretty much confirms that Funi has to plans to release Collections 1-25 on BD in the foreseeable future.
    I don't think this is necessarily true. Japan just now got the early seasons on blu-ray, and they were the special cropped edition. Funi might release that version, but I'd have no interest in collecting the cropped episodes.

If they do make a Blu-Ray collection of earlier episodes, it'll probably a SD on HD Blu-Ray thing like Discotek does with their releases, and maybe we'll get a 4-in-1 type set, since more episodes could fit on each disc. But I really don't think this happen, definitely not soon.

its worrying that the next batch of One Piece episodes haven't been announced yet as well, FUnimation was on such a roll

Quote Originally Posted by Elektrik Dynomite View Post
    I don't think this is necessarily true.
    Yeah, there'd be no issue releasing those episodes in different sets, but any BD version of Collection 1-25 would have to deal with the first half of Collection 26 dropping to DVD for 14 episodes; if that were on the horizon then starting with C27 would make far more sense than C26's DVD/BD mix.

Yeah. This marks one month since the last set. Bummer it didn't drop today, but it'll probably drop next week. I won't moan too much about it being a five week break instead of four weeks. haha. I'll just save my last rationed episode for next week and watch the recap movie this weekend, since we've officially passed what was in that.

Id say the fact the first half of collection 26 insidEis DVD only proves we ARENT gettimg BD rereleases of the earlier collections.

Quote Originally Posted by Elektrik Dynomite View Post
    I don't think this is necessarily true.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blake Bakes Cakes View Post
    we ARENT gettimg BD rereleases of the earlier collections.
    LMAO, I just re-read my post and I've written "Funi has to plans to release Collections 1-25" instead of "no plans to release". So thanks to that typo I've posted the opposite of what I meant.

Aha its okay i can surely relate

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information