+ Reply to Thread
Page 340 of 352 FirstFirst ... 240 290 330 338 339 340 341 342 350 ... LastLast
Results 6,781 to 6,800 of 7022

Thread: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

I'm pretty sure Fujitoras devil fruit, the "Zushi Zushi no Mi" has only been given its name in supplemental material that hasnt been officially translated up until now. Surprisingly, its just been given an official English name in this tweet https://twitter.com/OnePieceAnime/st...340510215?s=19. Its called the "Thump-Thump fruit", which is a pretty straight forward and predictable translation unlike some devil fruits where we don't half an onomanapeia equivalent, but I found that interesting regardless.
    The real arlong park was the friends we made along the way

While clipping I went back and watched the god usopp scene in the sub, and I realized that even then he didnt even like mumble what he was actually supposed to be saying, just what you were supposed to hear, so the dub actually didnt cheat at all during that. The line itself lines up exactly with the sub line. I will say though that their subs for it could be better, sometimes the words used for the misunderstood speach are full words from what he was trying to say, but they arent put in caps or anything.

Not loving Sugar’s performance. She’s more soft-voiced than she was in the recap movie, and the deliveries sound like the actress is struggling to scream while whispering.
    Has your country trapped you in a literal birdcage? Go back in time with the ikot-ikot fruit and vote Birdie Sanders for President today!

Slightly related, my Buddy is taking voice acting lessons from Sonny Strait this weekend and having a blast!

Quote Originally Posted by Zek View Post
    Slightly related, my Buddy is taking voice acting lessons from Sonny Strait this weekend and having a blast!
    Good on your friend! I've been itching to take one of his classes, too.

Like the Avatar?
    / Like the Miis?
    Dragalia Lost ID: 97617932505

Quote Originally Posted by Shift View Post
    Good on your friend! I've been itching to take one of his classes, too.
    Yeah he was giving me updates all weekend. On the last day he did a little dubbing from Soul Eater, Some French Film, Frozen, and One Piece! It was a Skypiea scene where Hotori (Kotori?) gets attacked by Nami. He did great! I’ve known him since middle school and I didn’t even recognize his voice at some parts.

While I know we got a while before we reach WCI I have been tossing around a few idea on who I'd like to see cast as Sanji's family and what coincidence its their birthdays today lol.

Starting With Ichiji, I'd like to see Sean Schemmel play him.
    Niji- if they Funi can snag him maybe Lex Lang he has the deep tone similar to the Japanese VA if not maybe Chuck Huber (I also can see Chuck playing Judge aswell).
    Yonji- Todd Haberkorn
    Reiju- another stretch but maybe Kate Higgins or Leah Clark.

Now for Judge and Sora I picture Kent Williams and Cynthia Cranz.

What yall think?

I doubt they'd cast two of the straw hats moms as the same actress, and I think kent williams has probably played one too many people to get another major one at this point.

^ I forgot she played Bellemere but it wouldn't be a first lol as for Kent, the only major role he's played was Kuro and that was all the way back in the beginning and Shura wasn't a main villain at all and the others were minor roles so him being cast as Judge wouldn't hurt. I also suggested Chuck Huber for Judge aswell.

kent also plays clover, and shura was certainely prominent enough for people to remember.

^ another very minor character and still not a huge main role compared to Judge....

Look, Im not saying its impossible, but like most remember who CLOVER is, he is integral to robins past. They can cast whoever in as many roles as the want to, but if possible they avoid people who have been cast as multiple named characters before.

I've always wanted Robbie Daymond as Ichiji and Bosch as either Niji or Yonji but considering Sabo's recasting the former isn't likely to happen lol.
    One Piece sakuga nut and resident Katsumi Ishizuka fanboy

Twitter: https://twitter.com/SkippyTheRobot
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0Z...2JQKXRBkCGSHzw

Quote Originally Posted by Blake Bakes Cakes View Post
    Look, Im not saying its impossible, but like most remember who CLOVER is, he is integral to robins past. They can cast whoever in as many roles as the want to, but if possible they avoid people who have been cast as multiple named characters before.
    It's real not a big deal its not like how it used to be where a VA would voice 4 characters in the same scene lol and plus you do know alot Chopper's Japanese VA also voiced Robin (filling in for a few episodes)and Kid Sanji. Its not uncommon and I do agree you don't want to overuse an actor but since Kent has really only done minor characters bar Kuro he'd be ok. But like I said I also think Chuck Huber is another VA I can see doing an awesome.job as Judge as well.

I just dont see it, I think we have different definitions of "minor characters". Even ignoring that IMO I like kent but I think judge probably needs to be a hit deeper, than his normal range at least. Chuck idk about cuz Ive heard him do things all over the spectrum.

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    I've always wanted Robbie Daymond as Ichiji and Bosch as either Niji or Yonji but considering Sabo's recasting the former isn't likely to happen lol.
    I can definitely see Robbie as Ichiji aswell or maybe even Yuri Lowenthal ys know get the English Sauske for the role since Sasuke's Jap VA plays him lol.

The site has been going down quite a bit recently ! Really quite unfortunate:/

seems like funi wants to have shorter announcement to release cycles now which im mixed on cuz it means im wondering for longer dangit! part of me always worries that were gonna have a hiatus out of nowhere lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Blake Bakes Cakes View Post
    I'm pretty sure Fujitoras devil fruit, the "Zushi Zushi no Mi" has only been given its name in supplemental material that hasnt been officially translated up until now. Surprisingly, its just been given an official English name in this tweet https://twitter.com/OnePieceAnime/st...340510215?s=19. Its called the "Thump-Thump fruit", which is a pretty straight forward and predictable translation unlike some devil fruits where we don't half an onomanapeia equivalent, but I found that interesting regardless.
    There's a Mario reference somewhere. Also, I'm old. Just turn 28 today. I'm what they call a boomer. :/ (Basically on Mar10 I have become more adult less silly.)
    I'm NOT a doggy. I am a creature from another world.

Hoping Funi keeps up these monthly releases for streaming as long as possible. My guess is the next batch will drop on Funi, April 13th.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information