+ Reply to Thread
Page 313 of 315 FirstFirst ... 213 263 303 311 312 313 314 315 LastLast
Results 6,241 to 6,260 of 6291

Thread: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

While were talking about the cast, I know Dellinger and Senor Pink technically appear next set but do they speak at all? I literally have no idea.
    The real arlong park was the friends we made along the way

Quote Originally Posted by Blake Bakes Cakes View Post
    While were talking about the cast, I know Dellinger and Senor Pink technically appear next set but do they speak at all? I literally have no idea.
    Both Dellinger and Senor Pink won't be speaking long while from now. Since the first scenes where they both speak aren't until like episodes 663 and 665.

Season 10, Voyage 4 dvd trailer is out.

Thanks, will look forward to them in voyage 3 then. Dvd trailer is okay, very clearly just an abridged version of the digital one but thats been the case for awhile now. Weird they used a different doflamingo line at the endthough, considering the one in the digital one is way more iconic.

Do you guys think with Toei getting involved, it found a way to help funimation dub the episodes more swiftly or doing all them months of hiatus, they were just stacking up on these episodes??

No, they definitely weren't stock piling. Theres no reason they would work on it for 2 years and not release anything, or at least if that happened it would be gigantic chunks at once. Theres various other reasons we've already went over as to why this wouldn't be the case, but the most notable of which is that we've already clearly already had some lines recorded from home. This is before we even made it to dressrosa.

To be fair, they seemed to be recording during the last six months or so of the hiatus.
    Going broke while paying to fix your child's gigantism? M4A can help! Vote Bernie Sanders 2020!

I mean yeah... you kinda got to record before you release. Not exactly a new thing, they're usually ahead a fair bit and wanted to achieve that before releasing again.

You’re also forgetting about the three sets worth of episodes Joel had already finished. “Stockpiling” might be a little strong wording, but yes, they definitely got a good bit ahead.
    Going broke while paying to fix your child's gigantism? M4A can help! Vote Bernie Sanders 2020!

I didn't forget. First of all it was only 2 sets, second of all obviously they're gonna wanna be a fair bit ahead so they have a large chunk of future releases mapped out. Even if they got more ahead than they would otherwise, that would probably just be to the increased releases.

With the latest collection set being sold out, i hope that is a good sign of things to come when it referring to the dvd sales

Quote Originally Posted by AceLuffy4ever View Post
    With the latest collection set being sold out, i hope that is a good sign of things to come when it referring to the dvd sales
    I don't think it's actually sold out. Their website was just glitching when they first listed the item.

Wonder what the collection release schedule in general will be. Will they always space them out like somewhat evenly relative to the voyage release or kinda clumped together and then take breaks? Kinda hard to tell with the increased releases. I'm guessing collection 25 is gonna be like june.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Speaking of the collections, Funis brought back the black friday bundles from last year.

Merry Bundle: https://shop.funimation.com/home-video-one-piece-merry-bundle-%28episodes-1-275%29/DVD-07411.html

Sunny Bundle: https://shop.funimation.com/home-vid...DVD-07412.html

Man, these last few PH episodes remind me what a disappointment Doffy was. He was talked up to be a mastermind, yet his plan was just to trap and kill everyone. He also never used his marionette attack to turn the Straw Hats against each other, which I had been waiting for for year and could’ve been so damn emotional. So many missed opportunities with this villain. Still love his design, though, and his dub actor is doing a good job.

I had my hopes up that they’d be doing one a month for the foreseeable future, but I just remembered that Mike directs AoT, which returns in December. So he’ll probably be dubbing less or no OP for a handful of months. AoT has a huge cast and is sure to keep him busy. So with one less director at the helm, odds of one a month decrease considerably.

Disagree on Doffy. Your perspective is fair enough but his character is interesting to me for so many other reasons besides how good he is at being a puppet master.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephray View Post
    Man, these last few PH episodes remind me what a disappointment Doffy was. He was talked up to be a mastermind, yet his plan was just to trap and kill everyone. He also never used his marionette attack to turn the Straw Hats against each other, which I had been waiting for for year and could’ve been so damn emotional. So many missed opportunities with this villain. Still love his design, though, and his dub actor is doing a good job.

I had my hopes up that they’d be doing one a month for the foreseeable future, but I just remembered that Mike directs AoT, which returns in December. So he’ll probably be dubbing less or no OP for a handful of months. AoT has a huge cast and is sure to keep him busy. So with one less director at the helm, odds of one a month decrease considerably.
    The other directors do simuldubs right now too, so no he'll continue like everyone else lol
    One Piece sakuga nut and resident Katsumi Ishizuka fanboy

Twitter: https://twitter.com/SkippyTheRobot
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0Z...2JQKXRBkCGSHzw

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    The other directors do simuldubs right now too, so no he'll continue like everyone else lol
    Are they? Still, AoT has a ton of cast members. I think it’s reasonable to think that it’ll slow him down on OP a good bit.

I'd imagine that the release schedule is independent of how busy directors are. As in if need be they'd just get a 4th director to fill in.

Starving Artist Elektrik Dynomite's Avatar

Hero Academy also starts again in April, which all of the Strawhats are involved in. That might make their schedule a bit busier too

Aw yes the Simuldubs, the double edge sword that just keeps on giving

Again not how it works, especially for actors. Trust me it won't effect the schedule.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information