+ Reply to Thread
Page 300 of 300 FirstFirst ... 200 250 290 298 299 300
Results 5,981 to 5,991 of 5991

Thread: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

No idea who will play who. I don’t even bother to guess with OP because I don’t know the smaller actors by name and OP so often uses fresh faces.

Only two more weeks until the next batch of episodes! Can’t wait to hear Momo and that Doflamingo family episode. Hoping they announce an official date for set four soon—so I can plan my rationing of set three.
    Going broke while paying to fix your child's gigantism? M4A can help! Vote Bernie Sanders 2020!

Quote Originally Posted by Zephray View Post
    No idea who will play who. I don’t even bother to guess with OP because I don’t know the smaller actors by name and OP so often uses fresh faces.

Only two more weeks until the next batch of episodes! Can’t wait to hear Momo and that Doflamingo family episode. Hoping they announce an official date for set four soon—so I can plan my rationing of set three.
    Oh wow the next batch is coming already, thats so hype and i can get used to the monthly drops

Man, episode 597 was such a good episode. Art and animation. Jewel’s performance was great too; very funny when he realizes Luffy escaped his attack.
    Going broke while paying to fix your child's gigantism? M4A can help! Vote Bernie Sanders 2020!

Quote Originally Posted by Blake Bakes Cakes View Post
    Nobody ignored you, I'm pretty sure we all just have like no idea. I highly doubt theyll go with christina vee for carrot tho because cuz she wouldve literally just got through playing viola in dressrosa
    Yo I didn't know she plays Viola lol I kinda skipped through the Sabo special to watch certain moments with Vic as Sabo at the time that's cool that's why I also suggested Cassandra Lee Morris she's played characters like Carrot before she would be a nice match imo. But yeah I'm asking just to get some thoughts thrown around just in case anyone from Funimation is lurking in this thread lol

I’ve never been a Carrot fan, so personally I don’t really care about who plays her. She shouldn’t be a hard cast.

Still real happy they nailed BM. Hopefully they get through WCI before that actress dies suddenly or retires.

I love her a lot but I feel like she'll be recast. She's 70 and its gonna take about 4 years to get to wano, where she is still relevant, and one piece in particular is a very high energy screamy show so I just have a hard time imagining a woman in her mid 70's getting through it, would love to be wrong though.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

In the past the sets have went up on the 20th for smaller retailers, so it looks like we probably won't be getting a voyage 4 dvd in December. Although sometimes they're reported on later in the day so its possible it didn't go up yet, or just that funi finally got on them about the premature listings.
    The real arlong park was the friends we made along the way

Also, the 20th is on a weekend this month, so there’s that to consider.

I’m really hoping she isn’t recasted. Loved her in Ping Pong as Tamura.
    Last edited by Zephray; September 20th, 2020 at 03:09 PM.

Honestly I have like no idea who they would recast her as, it seems they have a very limited pool of elderly females the work with. Juli Erickson played like 3 or 4 before she retired, and now Pam Dougherty is Tsuru on top of playing big mom.

They’ll just get a 40-50 yo to age up their voice. As we talked about before, Funimation doesn’t stick to appropriate ages when they cast.

I know it was only one appearance, but she seems so damn perfect for BM. One of the best dub fits they’ve found. Up there with Law, Kizaru, and Jinbei.
    Last edited by Zephray; September 20th, 2020 at 03:15 PM.

I mean of course you don't actually have to get someone who is super duper old, but it seems even then they don't have a ton of options that I can think of. I trust the one piece directors casting wise though and they surely know the pool they can work with and what they're capable of better than I, really I love how unpredictable its castings can be at times.

"Duper." Man, it's been a long time since I heard that word.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information