+ Reply to Thread
Page 299 of 300 FirstFirst ... 199 249 289 297 298 299 300 LastLast
Results 5,961 to 5,980 of 5990

Thread: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

I wasn't trying to argue about Joel, more so just when the episodes were recorded lol. It just so happens he is our means of telling.
    The real arlong park was the friends we made along the way

Starving Artist Elektrik Dynomite's Avatar

I always thought the Yeti Cool Brothers were some of the lamest characters in all of One Piece, but I gotta say, the dub has totally changed my mind. These guys are hysterical! I never got their gag in the manga or subs. I thought they were super serious, which came off as lame. But the dub goes all in on the “cool” jokes, and they’re just big goofballs. It’s amazing what the dub can do for your viewing experience that you just can’t get from reading manga or subs

Comedy always works way better for me with the dub. The performances, especially, help the comedy--just comedic timing and phrasing changes so drastically when you can understand the language. I've always just found the dub more entertaining and funny, despite watching over 400 episodes of the subbed, too.
    Going broke while paying to fix your child's gigantism? M4A can help! Vote Bernie Sanders 2020!

Yeah I can pretty easily agree. I simply don't know how japanese people speak, so I practicly have no frame of reference most of the time.

I demand links to these awesome award winning performances!

The yeti cool bro’s still suck and feel like filler villains, but their blatantly bad puns were mildly funny, yeah.
    Going broke while paying to fix your child's gigantism? M4A can help! Vote Bernie Sanders 2020!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Krupp View Post
    I demand links to these awesome award winning performances!
    The yeti cool brothers? Here I posted a clip https://twitter.com/OnePieceDubClip/...12153904664577 Nothing amazing, but marginally more entertaining I guess?

God this is awesome LOL.

I totally agree! My wife and I really enjoyed them and I couldn’t remember laughing as much at them in the manga or sub. Very well done!

Funi interestingly made a formal blog post about december preorders this time, no one piece https://www.funimation.com/blog/2020...aign=promo&utm. One piece announcements seem to be delayed for whatever reason anyway that Im guessing is some weird agreement with toei, but just thought this was interesting. I would assume they'd want to put out the voyage 4 dvd in december considering the dressrosa statement would confirm at least the end of punk hazard, with maybe dressrosa properly starting digitally late in the month.
    Last edited by Blake Bakes Cakes; September 15th, 2020 at 01:44 PM.

I wouldn’t pay any kind to the solicits since we got an official announcement. Even if the DVDs run behind, we’ll at least get PH finished this year on streaming. And they’ll probably announce the DVDs late. I’m willing to bet they just get slowed down by the commissioned cover art they keep talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephray View Post
    I wouldn’t pay any kind to the solicits since we got an official announcement. Even if the DVDs run behind, we’ll at least get PH finished this year on streaming. And they’ll probably announce the DVDs late. I’m willing to bet they just get slowed down by the commissioned cover art they keep talking about.
    What I don't understand is... hasn't it always been commisioned? Isn't that just... how it works???

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Okay so I'm going through the latest batch again while making the one pace edit, and Caesar laughs normally once? I thought it mightve just been cuz it was like short, but in the sub its his normal laugh. Weird that it wasnt caught.

Quote Originally Posted by Blake Bakes Cakes View Post
    What I don't understand is... hasn't it always been commisioned? Isn't that just... how it works???

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Okay so I'm going through the latest batch again while making the one pace edit, and Caesar laughs normally once? I thought it mightve just been cuz it was like short, but in the sub its his normal laugh. Weird that it wasnt caught.
    I wouldn't worry, as Zephray said, it's been a theme for them not announcing One Piece voyages since the restart - it likely is to do with the art, but it could also be Toei insisting on the episodes going to digital sale before the DVD pre orders are live.

I mentioned myself that these dvd listings are usually going up later, really I was more so noting that at this point it seems more like a deliberate decision than some weird mistake. I still really don't understand the cover art thing, its always been a thing so I dont know why its treated as special now. I doubt any delays would be directly related to that anymore anyways, they're animating the anime from home at this point.

Were all the covers always commissioned? I got the sense they often used previously made art, or they sometimes compiled covers using multiple stock images.

It wasn't unheard of for stock images to be reused or edited, but as far as. I can tell no cover is entirely made up of pre-existing images. They've always had to commission new art

How can you tell what is commissioned and what is stock simply by looking at it? People can grab stock images and arrange them in ways that make them look like commissioned art. There are endless "stock" images for OP, so it's not like you can recognize every one. Some are even pulled from within the episodes.

I'm not saying you're wrong. It might be that most or all of the images before were individually commissioned exclusively for the Funi DVDs, but I don't know how anyone could know with any certainty.

You see this is why as I said "as far as I can tell", because of course I cant be 100% sure, but like every cover I've seen has had something that looks to specific to be pre-existing to me. Season 9 voyage 1 is an exception though, I'm pretty sure that piece was entirely premade for promotion once the anime got to the timeskip

I believe I asked this before but you know it got ignored lol but ima ask again cause I'm curious to know even tho we are still quite abit aways from the Zou arc, who do you think should voice Carrot and Pedro. I think either Cristina Vee or Cassandra Lee Morris would be a good choice for Carrot, For Pedro I'd like to see them bring back Jeremy Iman maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Onepieceanimefan23 View Post
    I believe I asked this before but you know it got ignored lol but ima ask again cause I'm curious to know even tho we are still quite abit aways from the Zou arc, who do you think should voice Carrot and Pedro. I think either Cristina Vee or Cassandra Lee Morris would be a good choice for Carrot, For Pedro I'd like to see them bring back Jeremy Iman maybe?
    Nobody ignored you, I'm pretty sure we all just have like no idea. I highly doubt theyll go with christina vee for carrot tho because cuz she wouldve literally just got through playing viola in dressrosa

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information