+ Reply to Thread
Page 275 of 275 FirstFirst ... 175 225 265 273 274 275
Results 5,481 to 5,493 of 5493

Thread: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

Quote Originally Posted by Zephray View Post
    I have news for you, bud: you have more of an eye for detail than Funimation.
    You're right lol, but *generally releases around the same time count similar things from what Ive seen. I was just saying that this points to hands up being included, or at the very least it hasnt been deconfirmed. At the end of the day though its just an opening that you can easily find on youtube.

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

This probably soundvas whiny and contradictory, but part of me wouldve liked them to just randomly drop the set on amazon like last time. Having it released way before we expected it was awesome. Not to mention that the fact they didnt name the day kinda makes me question the point.
    The real arlong park was the friends we made along the way

Dont worry Roman Mack got you beat on the whiny and contradictory.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Krupp View Post
    Dont worry Roman Mack got you beat on the whiny and contradictory.
    Lol yeah, he is very... not fun.

Eh. The surprise was fun, but I like having a date to look forward to instead of wondering every Tuesday if I’ll get lucky.
    Going broke while paying to fix your child's gigantism? M4A can help! Vote Bernie Sanders 2020!

Eh. The surprise was fun, but I like having a date to look forward to instead of wondering every Tuesday if I’ll get lucky.
    Part of my point was we dont. Just a release month.

Quote Originally Posted by Blake Bakes Cakes View Post
    Part of my point was we dont. Just a release month.
    Yeah, but we have a good idea (due to the DVD's release date) that it'll come out in the first two weeks, and we also know that it'll release on a Tuesday (that's just what they do). So it's either August 4th or 11th, most likely. Could be wrong of course, but that's the educated guess.
    Going broke while paying to fix your child's gigantism? M4A can help! Vote Bernie Sanders 2020!

Honestly I think we sometimes take getting a whole seasons worth of content for most other anime every few months for granted lol. Of course one piece episodes are slowly paced and they cant really do so much slower if they ever want to finish it but still its a lot of content compared to other shows. Even dragonball stuff has been dubbed slower for the most part.

If you ignore the fact that we’re 400 episodes behind and just got off a two year drought, sure.

The 2 year hiatus was as painful for me as it was for you but using the number of episodes they are behind by as such a serious critisism is kinda silly. Like not only did they start dubbing it 8 after it started, but one piece releases year round. One hiatus shouldn't invalidate the consistent work and speed it has been dubbed at, even if it seems relatively minor purely due to the scope of the series.

Quote Originally Posted by Blake Bakes Cakes View Post
    The 2 year hiatus was as painful for me as it was for you but using the number of episodes they are behind by as such a serious critisism is kinda silly.
    No more silly than comparing it to DBZ and calling DBZ dubbing "slower." I'd say the series that's 400 episodes behind is the "slower" one.

No more silly than comparing it to DBZ and calling DBZ dubbing "slower." I'd say the series that's 400 episodes behind is the "slower" one.
    ? It's an objective fact though. Back in the day dubbing was generally much slower, and evensuper came out weekly. For the majority of the one piece dub its been released faster than it could be weekly.

I think you’re misunderstanding. You said DBZ was dubbed “slower.” But it was never 400 episodes behind, so it’s “objective fact” that you’re wrong.

As someone else who was around during the early 2000s and paid attention to the pace at which the Buu saga was released on DVD and Toonami I can definitely say that we've had much longer and more frequent breaks with the last few years of One Piece dub releases.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information