+ Reply to Thread
Page 261 of 409 FirstFirst ... 161 211 251 259 260 261 262 263 271 311 361 ... LastLast
Results 5,201 to 5,220 of 8177

Thread: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

  1. #5201

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    Luci Christian is so underrated. Every scene I've heard her in she nailed.

  2. #5202

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Krupp View Post
    Luci Christian is so underrated. Every scene I've heard her in she nailed.
    Agreed. All the SH actors are so good, but she’s arguably one of the very best.

  3. #5203

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    I'll be very worried if we get no one piece in the solicitations. This may sound overly optimistic but I'm hoping that it maintains the July release date or it's pushed back to august at the very latest, and hopefully regardless we get it on digital and/or streaming relatively early july

  4. #5204

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    Doesn’t look like we’re getting any solicits today. Maybe tomorrow.

  5. #5205

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    Quote Originally Posted by Zephray View Post
    Doesn’t look like we’re getting any solicits today. Maybe tomorrow.
    From my experience they can pretty much go up whenever but they went up really late last month most likely due to covid, and I wouldnt be surprised if that trend continues.

  6. #5206

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    Solicitations are up.... no Voyage 2. Smh. And yes, I'm aware there's a pandemic, but it looks like a decent month to me, so I don't get why One Piece again misses out.
    I get it is entirely plausible Toei are calling the shots here, most likely trying to maximise digital sales with the episodes before a DVD release is announced.
    Last edited by Luffy_80; June 16th, 2020 at 11:41 AM.

  7. #5207

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    Yeah, I'm pretty irritated with their release schedule. The next at least three voyages, probably more, have been recorded for months, maybe a year or two. So why they're dragging their heals despite releasing other shows is pissing me off. Screw us for even daring to dream of a speed-up, eh?

  8. #5208

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    Quote Originally Posted by Zephray View Post
    Yeah, I'm pretty irritated with their release schedule. The next at least three voyages, probably more, have been recorded for months, maybe a year or two. So why they're dragging their heals despite releasing other shows is pissing me off. Screw us for even daring to dream of a speed-up, eh?
    Our best hope is that they drop an amazon streaming date shortly for the next batch in July. I'm just sick of this, I love Funimation, I really do, but they seriously need to sort themselves out with regards to One Piece.

  9. #5209

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    Eh, I'll wait since there's probably a good reason for it and they still maintain that they're working on the dub. Still need to watch Voyage One as well
    One Piece sakuga nut and resident Katsumi Ishizuka fanboy

    Twitter: https://twitter.com/SkippyTheRobot
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0Z...2JQKXRBkCGSHzw

  10. #5210

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    Quote Originally Posted by Luffy_80 View Post
    Our best hope is that they drop an amazon streaming date shortly for the next batch in July. I'm just sick of this, I love Funimation, I really do, but they seriously need to sort themselves out with regards to One Piece.
    They didn't drop a date last time; they just dropped the episodes without warning--except for a few clips in the two days before release. They'll probably just drop them out of nowhere again--hopefully soon. I don't really care about the DVD releases; what I care about are the episodes on those DVDs, so if they can continue releasing digitally and just have the DVDs be a bit behind, that's fine with me. Just wish they would have a consistent schedule and not make us wait months between sets. Call be impatient, but the long, blind wait times are infuriating.

  11. #5211

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    Quote Originally Posted by BobDeadv2 View Post
    RomanMack
    Has anyone ever disagreed with you that OP isn't a top priority for Funi? That's obvious. We're just not assholes about it like you are. I have no idea what your alternative is. You just don't make much sense, man. Go buy the releases to support the show and help it succeed if you actually care at all.
    Last edited by Shift; June 17th, 2020 at 09:00 AM.

  12. #5212

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    Quote Originally Posted by BobDeadv2 View Post
    RomanMack
    You wasted no time did you..... smh. What's your point with this... absolutely nothing.
    Last edited by Shift; June 17th, 2020 at 09:01 AM.

  13. #5213
    Just badass Sano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Keokuk, Iowa

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    Well that was a record for Roman.

  14. #5214

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    No one piece episodes that they've sat on FOREVER but of course their golden boy MHA has to get a blu ray release. I get that more profitable franchises will take priority and this is potentially a toei issue but this is just getting ridiculous. We literally waited forever and as soon as it looks like we're finally getting our way, future releases get delayed indefinitely. Hell I'd be fine with just digital and streaming if they were just open about it and gave some dates. It's just not fair, they treat way much less succesful franchises better. They get actual blu ray releases and they don't just sit on episodes for months or years. Some mild issues and hiccups are excusable but wether its toei or funis faults they've just made it really tiring to be a one piece fan, recently more than ever.

  15. #5215

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    Quote Originally Posted by Blake Bakes Cakes View Post
    No one piece episodes that they've sat on FOREVER but of course their golden boy MHA has to get a blu ray release. I get that more profitable franchises will take priority and this is potentially a toei issue but this is just getting ridiculous. We literally waited forever and as soon as it looks like we're finally getting our way, future releases get delayed indefinitely. Hell I'd be fine with just digital and streaming if they were just open about it and gave some dates. It's just not fair, they treat way much less succesful franchises better. They get actual blu ray releases and they don't just sit on episodes for months or years. Some mild issues and hiccups are excusable but wether its toei or funis faults they've just made it really tiring to be a one piece fan, recently more than ever.
    Bro, hit the enter button sometimes. XD

    But yeah, I'd agree but the word "fair" doesn't really make much sense in a capitalist society; money makes fair, so MHA getting most attention is fair to the money it makes.

  16. #5216

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    Pretty sure that is just Toei being Toei. They didn't start Blu-ray releases till mid Punk Hazard and are super stingy about that.

  17. #5217

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    I'm curious if OPS10V1 outperformed or underperformed their expectations. Anyone we could ask?

  18. #5218

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    Probably under. I didn't get it. It's available in higher quality to stream, why pay for the discs?

  19. #5219

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    I didn't mean just DVD performance; more like all three together--digital-to-own, streaming, and DVD. Curious if they got the numbers they wanted--and how that bares on the schedule for releasing the next batch.

  20. #5220

    Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

    Funimation still hasn't finished some of their simuldubs from last season. They definitely struggled hard to figure out how to adjust to working under quarantine conditions, and probably still don't have it totally figured out. It's no surprise to me, even if it's still disappointing. Funimation's gonna have to crunch hard or just give up on some of their projects if they ever want to catch up after all the delays Covid is causing them. One Piece will never be one of them though. It'll always be there, to get little bits of effort done when there's extra free time.

    I'd guess they haven't found time to record an interview episode yet. Oh well. I've got no stake in arguing for digital releases, so no comment on that. I'll be waiting for the physical discs regardless.

    I finally know when I'm getting Scientific Accelerator and an option to buy Demon Slayer that's not Aniplex's idiotic pricing, among a couple others I've been waiting on for their "essentials" cheaper release, so silver linings for me at least. This is one of the better listings drop for myself in awhile.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 5 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 5 guests)

     

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts