+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 226 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 27 35 75 125 ... LastLast

Thread: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

I exist...I guess....

Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

Quote Originally Posted by Zephray View Post
    Weird translation flaw: people refer to the gate outside of the prison as the gateS of justice. But there's only one gate of justice outside of the prison.

As I was typing this, I heard Magellan say it singular. So I guess this is another small Joel or script writer inconsistency.
    Both those things happened during the Enies Lobby arc. Funny how you only choose to complain about this now...

EDIT: Also, now that I think about it, Mike McFarland directed most of Impel Down; from the begining of s7v5 all the way up through the episode Bon Clay sacrificed himself. So how does this "inconsistency" have anything to do with Joel?
    Last edited by midod; June 24th, 2016 at 08:44 AM.

Gosh. I've been pronouncing it Ah-Kai-nu this whole time. Also, whoever said it was wrong-- "Dracule" is used during the retrospective episode by the narrator.
    The "Ah-Kai-Nu" pronunciation really bugged me TBH. Glad to hear they supposedly fixed it.

Another mispronunciation Funimation has made is "Enies." The way they say it rhymes with "pennies," but it's supposed to be pronounced "Eh-Nee-Ess."

I've always pronounced it Anus Lobby :-/

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3762-9083

Quote Originally Posted by Mikey D. Luffy View Post
    The "Ah-Kai-Nu" pronunciation really bugged me TBH. Glad to hear they supposedly fixed it.
    yeah, that one really shouldn't have been so hard. Red Dog ... Aka-inu

i like john cena and randy playercena5241's Avatar

tis this an english dub so japanese Pronunciation does not have to be perfect.

NEVER GIVE UP.
    STRAGHT EDGE MEANS I BETTER THAN U.

I exist...I guess....

^While I do agree that people can get a bit too caught up on the topic of pronunciation, the problem in the case of Akainu is the Ah-Kai-Nu pronunciation ignores the origin of the name. The three admirals’ epithets are derived from the Momotaro Legend, where three animals accompanied Momotaro on his journey; the monkey (zaru), the the pheasant (kiji) and the dog (inu). And all three admirals have a corresponding color scheme; yellow (ki), blue (ao), and red (aka). So, in the case of Sakazuki, he is the “Red-Dog”; the “Aka-Inu”. In fact, that should probably be how they spell his name; would have probably avoided confusion doing things that way (or, you know, actually translate them like they do the other epithets).

Duuuude

During Enies Lobby, it was called the "Gates of Justice". During Impel Down and Marineford, it started switching between that and "Gate of Justice".

No opinion on which is better, but I'd like them to remain consistent about it.

I exist...I guess....

^I watched a couple Enies Lobby episodes earlier and I definately heard both “gates” and “gate” being thrown around

I know the pronunciation of Japanese words don't have to be perfect in an English dub, it's just that they've gone way out of their way in the past to emulate Japanese pronunciations before, like "Masira." That was a shocker back in the day. Seeing them make inconsistencies now just sorta gives me the impression that their quality control isn't what it used to be. At least "Akainu" is fixed, but if they could pronounce "Baratie" right then they should have been able to pronounce "Enies" the correct way.

This is just me nit-picking, though.

Quote Originally Posted by G1Ravage View Post
    During Enies Lobby, it was called the "Gates of Justice". During Impel Down and Marineford, it started switching between that and "Gate of Justice".

No opinion on which is better, but I'd like them to remain consistent about it.
    The argument could be made that there are 3 Gates, one in front of each of the main buildings (Enies Lobby, Impel Down, Marineford) and together they make the "Gates" Of Justice, but any one of them individual is just a "Gate" of Justice.
    Switch Friend Code: SW-1795-2519-1884 Click Here to check out my Twitch Channel[/CENTER]

Apparently Funi are teasing an announcement. One Piece time skip incoming?

Where are they teasing it?

I have a strong feeling it might be Film Gold.

I don't know the source of it, but it's a point of discussion on Kanzenshuu forums as people feel it may be Dragonball Super.

Quote Originally Posted by Krillin View Post
    I don't know the source of it, but it's a point of discussion on Kanzenshuu forums as people feel it may be Dragonball Super.
    Can you link us to the forum and i doubt its Super since Chris Sabat said recently they still dont have the license

Can someone please link to me when FUNi said they'd have big announcements?

They announced a ton of D Gray-Man. Was that it?

They announced a ton of D Gray-Man. Was that it?
    If it was talk about dissapointing

Quote Originally Posted by AceLuffy4ever View Post
    If it was talk about dissapointing
    The D.Grey-Man news is pretty big in my opinion. Since the first half of the anime was release was like 6 years ago. And they finally releasing the 2nd half of the original anime. I don't follow the series, but I have friends that are fans of it and so I'm happy for them, since they had wait longer for their series dub to continue then our wait for One Piece Season 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Sano View Post
    The D.Grey-Man news is pretty big in my opinion. Since the first half of the anime was release was like 6 years ago. And they finally releasing the 2nd half of the original anime. I don't follow the series, but I have friends that are fans of it and so I'm happy for them, since they had wait longer for their series dub to continue then our wait for One Piece Season 4.

Is it a good show?? and when is it releasing

For those who are wondering what the One Piece x Dragon Ball Super is all about? Allow me to post a link to a video that would explain everything in 3 seconds....

Sadly this is the closest we will ever get a movie villain in a known game that's not One Piece.
    I'm NOT a doggy. I am a creature from another world.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information