+ Reply to Thread
Page 214 of 226 FirstFirst ... 114 164 204 212 213 214 215 216 224 ... LastLast
Results 4,261 to 4,280 of 4506

Thread: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

Default Re: Funimation DVD Discussion IV (Please Check First Post for FAQ)

Ignoring Roman Mack's negative attitude, he did make a interesting point about how this news happens to get announced as soon as the super dub finishes. I wonder if that is what held things up.
    Happy 20th anniversary, One Piece anime!

FC: 5043 2397 0050 In Game trainer name (WolfWood)

Quote Originally Posted by LUFFY#1 fan View Post
    Ignoring Roman Mack's negative attitude, he did make a interesting point about how this news happens to get announced as soon as the super dub finishes. I wonder if that is what held things up.
    I kinda figure, the delay was due to the Super dub. Since it's Toei being Toei.

Toei did this type of stuff before. Remember about the entire Dragon Ball Z Kai Buu Saga situation. When everybody knew that the episodes were already been done to the point even cast members mention it already been done. It's really simlar situation to the Punk Hazard dub.

Glad to see the dub continuing!

But yeah, just stopping the dub out of nowhere with absolutely no explanation for the hiatus just to come back and be like "yeah we're continuing like nothing ever happened!" is kinda bullshit. Whatever happened internally aside, I'm just glad the dub is back.

I reached out to my buddy whose source had connections to FUNi that was told the dub was originally going to be cancelled back in the spring. My friend thinks that maybe the dub was originally going to be cancelled but was resumed due to demand? Not sure. I'm really glad he was wrong, but if there's any follow up I'll mention it.

Mikey, never trust your buddy in regards to anything ever again. In fact unfriend him. Jk but still, not a reliable source.

Lol I know. My buddy is a voice actor who knows several other voice actors. His particular friend (the one who told him about it being cancelled) has done some work for Funimation in the past IIRC, and he knows several people who still work there. That's how he heard about the dub cancellation, or at least talks of a dub cancellation internally. Now it seems clear it was the latter.

Something definitely happened at Funimation that made them pause the dub's production. FUNi has been able to juggle several different series at once for many years, and it should be easier to do today as they've gotten bigger. I'd be wary of them pausing the dub because of Super. The last big pause was before season 4, and we have speculated it's because of negotiations for the 16:9 aspect ratio as Toei was very reluctant with providing that footage to foreign companies. We know they worked on Punk Hazard a long time ago, so it makes this situation even more bizarre.

Edit: I went back to his message on Discord from May 13th of this year, and this is what he said to my friend:

"Bro
    I heard that funi is gonna stop dubbing one piece at some point
    Because they aren't making any money with it, so at some point soon they're just gonna say that dubbing is gonna stop
    And give no reason why
    I found out from some ppl who work on one piece at funi
    I just found out today bro I'm like wtfff
    I'm honestly glad
    The dub has been declining in quality"

I exist...I guess....

When you made that post about the dub being cancelled they were in the middle of dubbing Episode of East Blue and were ramping up promotion for One Piece in general, so I never believed that. Seems more to me like your “friend’s friend” just got bad information or just lied (certainly doesn’t help that the message you just posted looks like a troll post)

So I want to take a moment to speculate on the “multiple teams” comment. Now this is purely a thought, but hey where better to share the thought that a discussion thread.

So Punk Hazzard aside (since we can assume it’s probably done), there are 3 completed arcs to work with: Dressrosa, Zou, and Whole Cake Island. Something worth noting with these arcs is that the Straw Hats separate towards the beginning of Dressrosa. They briefly reunite in Zou (well most of them do anyway), but for the most part the core cast is split up. The actors went on record to say that while Colleen was recording Amazon Lily through Marineford they were essentially on break from playing their characters. Perhaps Funimation learned from that and decided to try a different approach since something similar was going to happen again.

So here is the thought:

While the actors for Zoro, Usopp, Franky, and Robin are working on Dressrosa, at the same time Funimation could be having Nami, Sanji, Chopper, and Brook working on Whole Cake Island. By working on these arcs simultaneously, the process can be finished much quicker without giving any of the actors months to even years of downtime, and remove gaps in the release schedule. To take this thought a step further - the side characters. Dressrosa and Whole Cake Island share none of the same cast minus Caesar and Luffy. This means there are minimum scheduling conflicts, as Leo can record at the same time as Carrot, and Zoro the same time as Chopper, without any of the actors being thrown off.
    Now obviously Luffy is an exception to this thought, but what if Colleen was the only actor recording in a straight line? This would mean by the time she starts Zou and/or Whole Cake, she would likely be one of the last if not the absolute last one to record her part before the episodes are ready to be streamed or released on home media. This would also mean Funimation could either have the rest of the cast start on Wano ahead of her, or just have them all wait to start on the same page.

I don’t really have any thoughts pertaining to the home video release or how quickly this will allow the dub to release from this point on, but if this speculation is what Funi has in mind, it could eliminate any future hiatuses and better manage their scheduling.

Just a thought :)

I was thinking the exact same thing, iMustang. The arcs really work well for multiple teams right now. Here’s to hoping they come out with episodes monthly( they’ve got a 40+ episode head start.

Starving Artist Elektrik Dynomite's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by iMustang View Post
    So I want to take a moment to speculate on the “multiple teams” comment. Now this is purely a thought, but hey where better to share the thought that a discussion thread.
    Yes exactly this!! Having 2 teams (one dedicated to Dressrosa and another dedicated to Whole Cake)could significantly speed up the process

Some of the season ten episodes have straight disappeared from FunimationNow. I think they’re uploading them now, guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephray View Post
    Some of the season ten episodes have straight disappeared from FunimationNow. I think they’re uploading them now, guys.
    is the funimation now quality typically better than the DVD's? Maybe I should give in and just watch them and just buy the DVD's for collecting purposes.
    Happy 20th anniversary, One Piece anime!

If you guys wonder where the first batch of episodes of Season 10 will cover up to. It will cover up to episode 587, which the episode cover the Straw Hat's body switch and Smoker Vs. Law.

The writer shared some details with someone when asked. I don’t have a twitter so someone else should ask the questions.

https://twitter.com/bikkuriland/stat...929387520?s=21

--- Update From New Post Merge ---

Quote Originally Posted by LUFFY#1 fan View Post
    is the funimation now quality typically better than the DVD's? Maybe I should give in and just watch them and just buy the DVD's for collecting purposes.
    Yeah. It is. I have the voyage sand the collections and yet only ever watch on the streaming service. The lines aren’t quite 1080 Blu-ray, but they’re sharper than DVDs.

Quote Originally Posted by Sano View Post
    If you guys wonder where the first batch of episodes of Season 10 will cover up to. It will cover up to episode 587, which the episode cover the Straw Hat's body switch and Smoker Vs. Law.
    More FYI: we’ll get plenty of Cesar and Kinemon in these episodes! Can’t remember if we get anyone else of note.
    Last edited by Zephray; October 20th, 2019 at 08:23 PM.

I don't really like Funimation video player on their site, I'll be just waiting for the dvd release. I watch the One Piece simulcast on crunchyroll. And that for the older episodes that are already out on dvd, I just watch on the dvds since I own them.

Starving Artist Elektrik Dynomite's Avatar

On multiple occasions I've been trying to watch the dub on the Funimation app on PS4 and it crashes, so I have to put the dvds in

The writer shared some details with someone when asked:

Yeah. It is. I have the voyage sand the collections and yet only ever watch on the streaming service. The lines aren’t quite 1080 Blu-ray, but they’re sharper than DVDs.

More FYI: we’ll get plenty of Cesar and Kinemon in these episodes! Can’t remember if we get anyone else of note.

We get an appearance from Monet in Episode 587 and also get more of Brownbeard. Which I'm actually curious who will be voicing Monet.

Yeah, the app sucks. I have to click the right button literally over a hundred times to get to the new Wano episodes every time I want to watch them. They haven’t designated a new “season” since the beginning of Zou.
    Last edited by Zephray; October 20th, 2019 at 08:24 PM.

The writer shared some details with someone when asked:

Exciting!. The writer said they have a head start, I'd say Dressrosa. It seems that Funimation are going to move forward this way with One Piece for the near future at least. About time too, interesting as well what you guys were saying about the straw hats being apart for these Arcs. It makes sense they have multiple teams recording for these episodes.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information